Avril Lavigne Slams Her Label Over Shelved Fourth Album

TwistedElegance™

Hey Avril Fans, it’s RCA’s fault that you haven’t heard an album of original material from the pop punk princess since 2008.

Lavigne has accused her record label bosses of stalling the release her next album, which she completed more than a year ago. The follow-up to 2007′s The Best Damn Thing is as-yet-untitled, but the “Girlfriend” star says the music is the “most meaningful and special” she’s recorded to date.

RCA, on the other hand, has been less than enthusiastic about the LP.

“I’m done with my 4th record!!! Well, actually I have been done for a year… and now my record company have finally decided to release it. OMG (oh my God).. How nice! Thanks guys,” the singer wrote on her Official Blog, protesting against executives at the label she’s called home since 2002.

“I have been dying to get back out on the road and do what I love the most… PLAY MUSIC. I know you guys have been waiting for a long time… and so have I, but not by choice. I have been sitting with this record for a year now.”

“This has been a really difficult record for me to create and to release,” writes the soon-to-be divorcee, who split from rocker hubby Deryck Whibley in 2009. “Not only is this the most meaningful and special record I have written, it is sincere, honest and close to my heart, but for the first time I experienced a bunch of bureaucratic BS (bulls**t). People do their best work when they are doing what they want, love and is natural for them, not when you are forcing them to be something that they are not.”

http://www.popcrunch.com/avril-lavigne-rips-record-label-over-shelved-album/

Thats the problem with major labels. Thats why I think its better to take the Robyn approach and Do it yourself. Avril has earned the right to do what she wants with her music at least once. Its probally a depressing album because of her divorce and they want her to not do downer music and stick with her proven Avril formula. :rolleyes:

Thats the problem with major labels. Thats why I think its better to take the Robyn approach and Do it yourself. Avril has earned the right to do what she wants with her music at least once. Its probally a depressing album because of her divorce and they want her to not do downer music and stick with her proven Avril formula. :rolleyes:

I agree, she's earned it. Under My Skin was a really dark and kind of depressing album too, and it sold 10 million. Sux they don't have more faith in her.