“F*CKING F*GGOT!” KOBE YELLS GAY SLUR AT REFEREE

SloLove

He is appealing the fine now which he should not do. A message has to be sent and David Stern did right. He banned Tim Hardaway when he made anti gay comments a few years back. But the word Fag in the black community is used so loosely. I don't consider Kobe a hateful guy when it comes to the gay community.

What Tim said compared to Kobe is totally different.. Kobe said what he said to a str8 man..(Wrong choice of words YES YES YES). Tim said he hates gays..

What Kobe said is like you calling someone a fucking retard.. Now the person you are talking to is not retarded...It's still hurtful but it wasn't directed towards someone that is actually retarded..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the context he said the word, meaning ALOT of str8 guys use faggot to equate a "weak person", or as a general diss not necessarily as a gay dig HOWEVER it is ignorant. And I think Kobe as a role model could learn from this and say hey what i said was stupid i shouldnt use that word at all even when pissed off accept his fine and move on imo.

The NBA had to respond to that they are a business and they have to appeal to their fans. They cannot be shown as accepting of shit like that. Same as some of his endorsements. It isnt a huge deal now but he could do with just moving on from it quickly rather than dragging it out and making it worse. He makes millions and has millions to lose from endorsements, he shouldnt be putting himself out there in any sort of negative light anyway. Someone of his profile admitting that its ignorant to use faggot like that could help even a tiny bit with making that one of the default disses some str8 guys use.

What he said was wrong, plain and simple

Agreed, and, imo, he should be fined. But the NBA needs to be consistent. They only do something when there's an uproar. I remember watching another player say the same exact thing to an owner who was sitting in the stands and there were no consequences. But this helps to bring this issue to a discussion.

David Stern only fined Iverson $5,000 when he said it so there is a bit of hypocrisy going on.

I think because no one was shocked when Iverson said it. Most view him as a common hood or a rapper with a ball in his hand. Kobe is like Captain America. I do think all these gay rights groups need to go sit down somewhere. They are acting like PETA now.

I think because no one was shocked when Iverson said it. Most view him as a common hood or a rapper with a ball in his hand. Kobe is like Captain America. I do think all these gay rights groups need to go sit down somewhere. They are acting like PETA now.

Thats why no one takes the gay rights groups seriously; they take every thing and blow it way out of proportion.

Everyone said that already.. lol

dont back talk me boy

but ill tell you what i dont like is that now the lakers have teamed up with GLAAD, now thats some bull...just say yall dont like homos and keep it moving...dont try to save face now cause it just comes off as phony

dont back talk me boy

but ill tell you what i dont like is that now the lakers have teamed up with GLAAD, now thats some bull...just say yall dont like homos and keep it moving...dont try to save face now cause it just comes off as phony

When did Kobe or the Lakers say they don't like gays??????

his anti-gay slur said it all

He was saying it to a str8 man.. It's the same as someone calling someone else a fucking retard.. They know the person is not retarded.. Wrong choice of words.. YES..

Plenty of gay men call each other the same thing.. are they anti gay?

He was saying it to a str8 man.. It's the same as someone calling someone else a fucking retard.. They know the person is not retarded.. Wrong choice of words.. YES..

Plenty of gay men call each other the same thing.. are they anti gay?

really disappointed you're trying to defend this #letdown

really disappointed you're trying to defend this #letdown

SLo.. I told you he used the wrong choice of words and deserved a fine and he apologized..

I'm defending him being called anti gay.

You just used "dumbass homos" in another thread.. are you anti gay? <_<

Archived