Janet's Tour Gross Overall Ever...

Bailey

Rhythm Nation tour 117 shows total.

The tour grossed over $28 million in the US only from dates reported, and nearly $65 million worldwide (equivalent roughly to $200 million, based on 2008 average ticket price).

Janet. Tour 123 shows total.

The Tour generated over $35 Million dollars in the US and over $75 million worldwide (equivalent roughly to $130 million, based on 2008 average ticket price).

The Velvet Rope Tour 120 shows total.

The tour grossed $32.5 million in the US, and $78 million worldwide (equivalent roughly to $133 million in 2008).

All For You Tour 72 shows total.

According to Pollstar Magazine, the tour's U.S. leg made over $40.6 million dollars making it the ninth highest-grossing tour of 2001. Overall, the tour grossed more than $55 million (roughly equivalent to $85 million, based on 2008 average ticket price), including 11 shows in the US and Hawaii that were not included in the Pollstar total, and 4 sold out stadium shows in Japan. BUT only 55 American shows were reported to Pollstar so the numbers are estimates.

Rock Witchu Tour 16 shows total.

$9,917,237 total gross.

Up Close and Personal Tour. 63 official shows either performed or scheduled to be performed.

Of the 6 reported dates performed in the US total gross thus far $6,509,444(of what was reported this number does not include additional shows)

total of all tours $289.4 Million dollars grossed. Janet was estimated to be worth 150million dollars, that Forbes list estimate is probably a gross underestimate.

I have a question about tour gross from older tours& this is just in general.Lets take this tour for example...

RN1814 Tour $65 million worldwide (equivalent roughly to $200 million, based on 2008 average ticket price).

Why is it being readjusted for 2008? Did something in the touring business change?

I have a question about tour gross from older tours& this is just in general.Lets take this tour for example...

RN1814 Tour $65 million worldwide (equivalent roughly to $200 million, based on 2008 average ticket price).

Why is it being readjusted for 2008? Did something in the touring business change?

pricing is what they call adjusted for inflation in the sense that for example in 1990 a ticket to her show cost say 60 bucks because for that time frame that would have been appropriate BUT if we took the same tour and fame level adjusted it to today's standards those same tickets would go for much more. It's like a loaf of bread in 1933 would have been maybe 10 cents a home would cost you maybe 15k adjust for today and that same bread and home would be 3bucks and maybe 55k

The tour grossed over $28 million in the US only from dates reported, and nearly $65 million worldwide (equivalent roughly to $200 million, based on 2008 average ticket price).

The Tour generated over $35 Million dollars in the US and over $75 million worldwide (equivalent roughly to $130 million, based on 2008 average ticket price).

The Velvet Rope Tour 120 shows total.

The tour grossed $32.5 million in the US, and $78 million worldwide (equivalent roughly to $133 million in 2008).

All For You Tour 72 shows total.

According to Pollstar Magazine, the tour's U.S. leg made over $40.6 million dollars making it the ninth highest-grossing tour of 2001. Overall, the tour grossed more than $55 million (roughly equivalent to $85 million, based on 2008 average ticket price), including 11 shows in the US and Hawaii that were not included in the Pollstar total, and 4 sold out stadium shows in Japan. BUT only 55 American shows were reported to Pollstar so the numbers are estimates.

Rock Witchu Tour 16 shows total.

$9,917,237 total gross.

Up Close and Personal Tour. 63 official shows either performed or scheduled to be performed.

Of the 6 reported dates performed in the US total gross thus far $6,509,444(of what was reported this number does not include additional shows)

total of all tours $289.4 Million dollars grossed. Janet was estimated to be worth 150million dollars, that Forbes list estimate is probably a gross underestimate.

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I like that the comparison's are made in today's standards because it really gives you a context to understand how much Janet was really doing at the time she was pulling in some serious cash.

:yep: :yep: :yep:

Its readjusted in comparison to inflation. An expensive Janet ticket for the RN show was probably like 60 dollars. That same ticket in 2008 was probably about 150 dollars. Its readjusted to put it into today's context. This is why some movie buffs will tell you that the most successful movie of all time is Gone with the wind" not "Avatar".

Its readjusted in comparison to inflation. An expensive Janet ticket for the RN show was probably like 60 dollars. That same ticket in 2008 was probably about 150 dollars. Its readjusted to put it into today's context. This is why some movie buffs will tell you that the most successful movie of all time is Gone with the wind" not "Avatar".

Oooh ok. I guess that would make sense. I was always kinda confused as things like that but I guess it makes more sense that the readjustment is applicable to touring & movies & not CD's because they go by the copies sold & now how much its sold for.

I also like how the promoters have gotten Janet's current tour ticket pricing better than the last, the last tour the tickets were over priced, now things are much more organized and make a lot more sense, you pay more the closer you sit as before, BUT you don't pay over 300 bucks for a Janet show, it's brought down to levels people are willing to pay for the quality of the show itself, Im sorry I should not go there but her show is very much low budget low overhead, it is no Madonna show, BUT the less she has to pay for the costs of doing the show the more she takes in. Plus Im glad she has proven performing your ass off is all one really needs and I commend her for that.

I also like how the promoters have gotten Janet's current tour ticket pricing better than the last, the last tour the tickets were over priced, now things are much more organized and make a lot more sense, you pay more the closer you sit as before, BUT you don't pay over 300 bucks for a Janet show, it's brought down to levels people are willing to pay for the quality of the show itself, Im sorry I should not go there but her show is very much low budget low overhead, it is no Madonna show, BUT the less she has to pay for the costs of doing the show the more she takes in. Plus Im glad she has proven performing your ass off is all one really needs and I commend her for that.

I actually paid more for #1s than i did for RWU. Even though RWU was a far bigger production.

But you're right, the overhead for this tour is very low, so she should see a lot of profit. :thumbup:

I actually think Madonna could benefit from a little scale back herself. She doesn't need all the staging to give a good show.

Or maybe she does? :mellow:

lost me here?

$65 Million in 1990 = $200million now?

but

75M in 1994 = 130M?

I actually paid more for #1s than i did for RWU. Even though RWU was a far bigger production.

But you're right, the overhead for this tour is very low, so she should see a lot of profit. :thumbup:

I actually think Madonna could benefit from a little scale back herself. She doesn't need all the staging to give a good show.

Why do you think she does it? She NEEDS all that over the top, larger-than-life props and production. Without..she's just ....

In the past Janets tour could have been as elaborate if she wanted it to be but Janet doesnt feel the need to over compensate for anything she lacks unlike Madonna.

Why do you think she does it? She NEEDS all that over the top, larger-than-life props and production. Without..she's just ....

In the past Janets tour could have been as elaborate if she wanted it to be but Janet doesnt feel the need to over compensate for anything she lacks unlike Madonna.

Not all of madonna's tours were over the top.

I cannot answer that what I can say is if I pay 300 bucks a seat you better put on one hell of a performance of you betta have a expensive ass show :filenails:

lost me here?

$65 Million in 1990 = $200million now?

but

75M in 1994 = 130M?

let me give you an example to illustrate why that is, 5 dollars in 1933 could stock your house with groceries, today 5 dollars barely gets you milk and bread. 6 years ago a shirt from A&F mighta cost 30 bucks, today that same shirt will cost you maybe 45. Point is the closer in time the values are the less inflation has taken place so a show in 1990 over 20 years ago adjusted for inflation will have a much larger effect than a show that is adjusted within less time. Besides the value of a dollar matter a lot more in 1990 since we were dealing with recession, so someone who could spare a dollar to go to a concert it meant more, by 1994 the internet boom was beginning to take off and we were about to go on the "roaring 90's" stellar economy

where did you sit? I sat as close as I could on both shows, RWU the ticket prices fluctuated, it was a mess, BUT golden circle tickets were about 300 bucks. The most expensive on the current tour is 250 plus fees so 278 was what I paid to sit where I sat in Vegas.

I was under the impression that she's charging more this year than she was for RWU. It seems like her grosses are higher for the same amount of people. She sure wasn't making $1M+ in this many cities in 2008.

No she was not bringing in 1 million but the tour was poorly managed and promoted also the ticket prices differed from city to city, what I notice though is if she keeps up the number of shows she is doing, she should be business woman of the year because she can pull in the box office numbers she did on other big production tours yet kept this tour so cheap it did not even have costumes

I had a ticket for RWY that was about 300 bucks, fans complained big time about the price, that's when I learned the promoters are responsible for setting what the price should be, problem was people in Canada paid more for her show than I did here in the states, the prices were all over the place at one point it got to selling tickets in groups at a discount, honey I hate to even include RWY tour numbers because I wonder if she made any money off that tour at all considering im sure she had to lawyer up and "negotiate" with Live Nation and the reschedules it was a mess. When the Auburn Hills Michigan show was cancelled after Chicago I requested my money back, and then went and bought a better seat for the rescheduled show at a lower price than the first seat :crazy:

No she was not bringing in 1 million but the tour was poorly managed and promoted also the ticket prices differed from city to city, what I notice though is if she keeps up the number of shows she is doing, she should be business woman of the year because she can pull in the box office numbers she did on other big production tours yet kept this tour so cheap it did not even have costumes

Thats nothing new...thats always the case.

Thats nothing new...thats always the case.

not normally I can go on ticketmaster and her seats are the same price depending on how close you get to her, besides that makes no sense same show different venue different prices for the same show equivalent seat?