The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

Also... of those years I named, all of their albums aside from Daft Punk's a 76% or below rating on metacritic 

So you can't determine AOTY based on being critically acclaimed or sales. 

We'll see. I'm starting to think it'll be Simpson

well the Grammys much like Oscars have always been political, the stars run their own campaigns to win, in some cases its pretty clear who should win like Alanis back in the day, but in other cases like "Broke Back Mountain" not so clear....I remember when that film lost best picture I was on Gay.com and the white gays were not having it :lmao:  they went on race because "Crash" won

Let's stay on subject: reasons why Beyoncé probably won't win AOTY

but honestly, she'll take home at LEAST two

well if things go as they have been going in years past, they (the Grammys) will spread the love which means dont expect anyone to walk away empty handed

And your logic suggests that Adele will win simply because it sold the most

I don't think I've once said that :lmao: :lmao:

EDIT: I have never mentioned Adele's sales ONCE but as I said, sales AND being Critically Acclaim are not factors to determine a winner

I'm gunning for Adele bc She's Adele. 

Edited by Game XXIX

This is why I'm not expecting Bey to win any of the big categories even if she clearly deserves it. The female Ed Sheeran will win big which I don't mind - I'd rather she lost to Adele than Drake/Bieber:

========================================================

Associated Press AOTY Predictions:

FEKADU: Sturgill, enjoy it while it lasts; Drake, congrats, but this will not be the first rap album to win album of the year since Outkast did in 2004; and Bieber, um, keep on beliebing. Now that that's out the way, let's talk A and B. I could write a thesis, and happily, too, about why Beyonce's tasty "Lemonade" deserves this prize.

But unfortunately, she won't win. Academy voters are always happy to give Beyonce R&B awards, but they haven't given her artistic heft enough credit when she's put in categories with her rock, pop and country music peers. And when one of those peers is Adele " who saved the music industry with sales of her "25" album " it's hard to argue against her success.

MOODY: If success is what we're measuring here, Adele clearly gets this win. Artistry? As perfect as Adele sounds, "25" was a very conservative album, musically speaking. Not saying that there's anything wrong with putting out beautiful ballads, but "Lemonade" is a true art piece that engaged on a political and emotional level and with each listen revealed another layer. No other album in this category pushed our buttons or made us ponder the meaning of the world like "Lemonade." It deserves to win " but then again, I said that when Eminem's albums were nominated, and they went trophy-less in this category. So gotta agree here: Adele takes home her second trophy for album of the year.

ROTY:

MOODY: I’m “Stressed Out” trying to determine who’s going to win this category. “Formation’s” seismic funk and R&B was a revelation and really should win here, but will Grammy voters really appreciate a song that references “Jackson Five nostrils” and “Red Lobster”? Moreover, do they really appreciate Beyonce? She only won in a top category one time, and that was for the massively successful “Single Ladies,” and that was for song of the year. Most other times, while she gets the nod, she doesn’t get the win. Adele, on the other hand, had a comeback song that resonated with just about all groups — including the Academy. Adele for the win (again).

SONG OF THE YEAR

FEKADU: “Hello” wins here.

MOODY: Adele all the way.

BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE: “

FEKADU: Hello Adele. And goodbye to the rest of the competition.

MOODY: Ummm, wait Mesfin. Did you even consider any of the other nominees? I mean, did you hear the raw emotion of Kelly Clarkson, who can go toe-to-toe vocally with Adele? This might be her year. Ah, who am I kidding! Clarkson’s pipes are amazing, but even she won’t beat Adele here.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/beyonce-or-adele-or-chance-the-ap-predicts-grammys-outcome

Edited by Dammn Bu

• 5 months later...

Beyoncé Is Now the Highest Paid Artist Because the Best Revenge Is Your Paper

Beyoncé told the world on her epic visual album, Lemonade, that the "best revenge is your paper" and judging from her status as the top earning musician of 2016, it looks like she's living her truth.

Billboard released its annual "Top 50 Money Makers" list for last year on Thursday, with Queen Bey topping the list at a whopping $62.1 million, which laps Guns N' Roses's $42.3 million, in second place, by $20 million. Beyoncé's major windfall this year came from her Formation World Tour, which clocked in at $54.7 million, according to Forbes.

Following close behind Guns N' Roses was Bruce Springsteen, who affirmed that he's still "the Boss" with $42.2 million. Drake followed in fourth place with $37.3 million, while Adele came in 5th place $37 million. Other artists who made the list this year include Coldplay, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Rihanna, and Billy Joel.

Time

DErBzHpXsAEi-ox.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beyoncé Releases Remix to J Balvin's ''Mi Gente'' to Benefit Hurricane Maria Relief Efforts

Beyoncé just dropped her first single and music video since giving birth in June, a remix to J Balvin and Willy William's smash hit "Mi Gente."

She announced that proceeds from the track would benefit the ongoing relief efforts in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean Islands following Hurricane Maria, as well as the areas in Mexico impacted by the 7.1 earthquake that killed more than 325 people on September 19.

"I am donating my proceeds from this song to hurricane relief charities for Puerto Rico, Mexico and the other affected Caribbean islands," she wrote on social media with a link to additional outreach efforts around the world. 

• 8 months later...