Old layout?

eli's_rhythm

First I want to thank all the mods/admin for the new board. I know this stuff doesn't come cheap and you don't get much in return, and I truly appreciate it.

But what I really want to ask is whether the layout can be more like JJF's. The subforums were disorganized there, but I just miss the real "everything" section where it was always active and one could open threads about Janet or anything noteworthy. I don't think we can retain the atmosphere of the old board without imitating its layout. In its current state, this board is just like Planet Janet, but easier on the eyes and clicky-fingers. Does anyone agree?

I understand your suggestion. However, over the years, one of the biggest complaints I heard about that board was its lack of structure. It became tiring to have to explain it ad nauseum to a lot of people that JJF.NET was a Janet Forum but didn't have a Janet section. I didn't want to create too many sections, but I did want some semblance of structure.

Fair enough... thanks for spelling it out :) I didn't know the old layout got complaints.

I personally didn't mind the chaos since I was used to it for years. But then we would get people who were new and would complain that it wasn't a Janet forum since most of the topics were about gay sex and whatnot :lol: So I wanted to add a little distinction, but I didn't want to overdo it. I don't like those boards that have a million and one sections.