The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

I watched Dope yesterday - it was pretty good.  I liked Malcolm's reasons for thinking he deserved a place in Harvard.

I liked that one too.. Even thought A$AP wasn't half bad... He'll end up being a better actor than rapper, I think..

I'm taking my family to the drive-ins tonight to see Finding Dory!! Our son just turned 1YO 2 weeks ago, and we still haven't taken him to a real, indoor theater yet because he's not a big movie kid just yet.. He likes Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and absolutely loooooves Yo Gabba Gabba! But when I try to put on an animated kids movie with an actual storyline and characters with depth, he just dgaf lol..

so we take advantage of the drive-in theater for now..

anyone seen FD yet?? No spoilers, PLEASE! But I'm really interested in seeing how they work the "Blackfish effect" into the story.. Pixar was quoted as saying that 50 years from now they don't want this movie to be their "Song of the South," so they took great care into applying the public's growing shift of opinion when it comes to marine animals in captivity.. Really looking forward to it!

I'm taking my family to the drive-ins tonight to see Finding Dory!! Our son just turned 1YO 2 weeks ago, and we still haven't taken him to a real, indoor theater yet because he's not a big movie kid just yet.. He likes Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and absolutely loooooves Yo Gabba Gabba! But when I try to put on an animated kids movie with an actual storyline and characters with depth, he just dgaf lol..

so we take advantage of the drive-in theater for now..

anyone seen FD yet?? No spoilers, PLEASE! But I'm really interested in seeing how they work the "Blackfish effect" into the story.. Pixar was quoted as saying that 50 years from now they don't want this movie to be their "Song of the South," so they took great care into applying the public's growing shift of opinion when it comes to marine animals in captivity.. Really looking forward to it!

Hope you and your family enjoy it! I'm planning to see it this upcoming weekend. I heard part of it takes place near

Morro Bay, CA
 but I could be wrong tho lol
  • Upvote 1

Hope you and your family enjoy it! I'm planning to see it this upcoming weekend. I heard part of it takes place near

Hidden Content

but I could be wrong tho lol

yea I actually read the same thing also! Should be interesting..

ill post my thoughts about it after I've seen the whole thing..

I just saw Finding Dory this past Saturday. Pixar is one of the best when it comes to sequels imo, and this is no exception. :) Ellen did her thing of course!

Potential spoiler sorta: During the climax, I liked how they referenced street names in the East Bay.

Also one word of advice. Stay through the end credits! :lol: I left before the bonus scene at the end, but at least I dug it up online.

The Tank Gang arrived at Morro Bay STILL in their bags a year later. I can't believe they never had Bloat expand to pop the bags open... or something! :lol: Rule of funny, I guess lol

• Upvote 1

Watched Batman vs Superman Extended edition last night with the 30 extra minutes.  Still lackluster and even though Batgirl has scenes without the costume its just a gimmick cameo she isn't tied into the story in a real way.  Which is part of the rushed nature of jamming them all together to hurry up and get to Justice League.  Watching the Batman/Superman fight was just stupid he had plenty of time to talk and clear it up.  C movie.  Only Wonderwoman's fight scene was exciting IMO which was ALL in the trailers pretty much.

Edited by kidfresh832

Watched Batman vs Superman Extended edition last night with the 30 extra minutes.  Still lackluster and even though Batgirl has scenes without the costume its just a gimmick cameo she isn't tied into the story in a real way.  Which is part of the rushed nature of jamming them all together to hurry up and get to Justice League.  Watching the Batman/Superman fight was just stupid he had plenty of time to talk and clear it up.  C movie.  Only Wonderwoman's fight scene was exciting IMO which was ALL in the trailers pretty much.

she was never confirmed to be Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, so anyone that got their hopes up of seeing her don the cowl and cape and then got their hopes deflated is solely on them.. And just to be clear, I also thought she might've played Barbara Gordon.. Oh well..

but the extended R-rated cut is MILES better than the theatrical version imo.. Sure, it's essentially the same movie, but everything is paced much much better, and the plot even makes a ton of more sense.. It gives reasons why Superman didn't know the bomb was in the guy's wheelchair, it explains a hell of a lot more in the opening Africa scene, it shows Clark Kent as an actual journalist in this movie and not just some throwaway character, and it sets up the villain for Justice League much better now.. It also hints that Lex Luthor might just make an appearance in Suicide Squad (can't fucking wait for that flick btw!)..

i still didn't LOVE the movie, but I liked it a lot to begin with, and after seeing the new version, I like it a TON more! In fact, I don't ever see myself watching the theatrical edit anymore.. That no longer exists to me.. The director's cut is the only version I will watch from here on out..

Lex Luthor was still a MAJOR reason this movie didn't wow as much as it should have with that many marquee characters.  How they allowed that performance is beyond me that was not Lex Luthor at all that was some kind of Riddler goofiness.

They better be taking to heart the critiques for the rest of the films because they are in for some flops if they don't continue to course correct their storytelling,

• Upvote 1

Lex Luthor was still a MAJOR reason this movie didn't wow as much as it should have with that many marquee characters.  How they allowed that performance is beyond me that was not Lex Luthor at all that was some kind of Riddler goofiness.

They better be taking to heart the critiques for the rest of the films because they are in for some flops if they don't continue to course correct their storytelling,

I agree.. Jesse Eisenberg is an incredible actor but he was insanely miscast, it's ridiculous.. I have no doubt that the other movies, going forward, will be lighter in tone and just better overall films..

• 4 months later...

Dr Strange was cute.  I give it a B.  I was disappointed in the villain though but that is a lingering issue with Marvel movies they are iffy with the strength of the villains.

I saw the poster for that at the movies, I also saw they are coming out with another Keanu Reeves part 2 movie I forget the first one because I didnt watch it <_<

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suicide Squad  C

I knew it was going to be bad from the trailers and the news surrounding the production and the track record WB has.  But eww.  That plot didn't make any kind of sense.  The villains didn't match that team at ALL.  Just wasted opportunity all over.

Horrible as fuck! I was soooooooo disappointed. The Croc looked like shit. I can guarantee there won't be a part 2 to this movie lol. I saw Doctor Strange and it's one of the best Marvel movies i've ever seen. A+ from me

I'm in the minority, but I liked Suicide Squad.. I was slightly disappointed, I wanted to love it, but I ended up only liking it.. will def be buying the 3D bluray when it's released!

also, we just finished War Dogs... highly recommended folks! I loved it.. it had a very Wolf of Wall Steeet type of vibe/tone throughout.. really enjoyed it, crazy that it's based in a true story also!

Suicide Squad made $745 million despite the terrible reviews.  So WB wouldn't be crazy to see the worth in sequels if they feel like they can do better next time with the things critics didn't like.

They have the same problems every movie.  They are not faithful to the source material that made these characters popular in the first place.  They bounce around from trying to make every hero "too dark and brooding" to trying to fix the films mid production to answer critics of the last movie.  It makes all the stories feel slapped together and jumbled.

• 3 months later...

I saw Logan and I give it an A+ and trust and believe i've been tired of Wolverine shoved down our throats years and years. I became sick of him but this movie was just good from beginning to end. I think being rated R is what did it. It showed more personality and depth of his character although he and Xavier are old in this movie. Speaking of Xavier, i've never seen his powers put on display like this. This man could even kill Jean if he wanted to.

Also I just saw "Get Out" and I can definitely understand why rotten tomatoes gave it an 99% rating. It's good all around also and i'm happy this is a success or Jordan Peele from the Key and Peele comedy show who are known for their Mad TV skits. Budget for it was only $4.5 million and it's already made over $110 million. 

Both movies are a definite buy on dvd.

Also I just saw "Get Out" and I can definitely understand why rotten tomatoes gave it an 99% rating. It's good all around also and i'm happy this is a success or Jordan Peele from the Key and Peele comedy show who are known for their Mad TV skits. Budget for it was only $4.5 million and it's already made over $110 million. 

I just got back from seeing this too...Enjoyed it...B+. Id possibly have enjoyed it more if it wasn't for the people talking and getting hyped in my screening <_<