The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. I loved it! It wasn't as good as the 1st one but it was definitely funnier. Dax the Destroyer was hilarious!

I agree it was funnier overall than GOTG Vol 1.. but I also agree it wasn't quite as good at the first one (big surprise) and I think that the dynamics between the characters are to blame.. in Vol 2, a lot of the movie the Guardians are divided up and not a whole 5-unit group like in Vol 1, so right off the bat you're not going to have the same chemistry that was displayed in the first one.. I liked Vol 2 a lot and plan on buying the bluray of course, but Vol 1 definitely is still the better film overall. ?? 

• Upvote 1

I agree it was funnier overall than GOTG Vol 1.. but I also agree it wasn't quite as good at the first one (big surprise) and I think that the dynamics between the characters are to blame.. in Vol 2, a lot of the movie the Guardians are divided up and not a whole 5-unit group like in Vol 1, so right off the bat you're not going to have the same chemistry that was displayed in the first one.. I liked Vol 2 a lot and plan on buying the bluray of course, but Vol 1 definitely is still the better film overall. ?? 

No joke you and everyone else I've talked to about the movie before I saw it said the same thing about them being divided up.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

The Circle - B

Good take on the book and pretty essential commentary the technology/privacy in this day and age

I just downloaded that yesterday but haven't watched it yet.. doesn't really look very interesting to me but Tom hanks is my fav actor so that's why I'm gonna watch it

I just downloaded that yesterday but haven't watched it yet.. doesn't really look very interesting to me but Tom hanks is my fav actor so that's why I'm gonna watch it

Depends what you class as interesting. Tom Hanks is the biggest star, but not the star of the film...if that makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Loved IT... that projector part in the garage made me jump like no other horror flick has before! ?? 

I dont really do horror, not my thing, but I read in a short review, this was on par to be the best Stephen King adaption ever, and I thought about all the shit thats already pretty good, The Shining, Carrie, the list goes on, so I went in to see this, and mind you the theater on its second weekend out was packed.....I found my heart beating at shit like this is intense the pacing was good, when I thought it started to drag in the middle they picked it back up....overall this was put together very well, I only say this, they stole so much from "Stranger Things" I mean beat bitters :lol:  but shit was good worth it

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i saw the first one in the theaters, I dont venture out to movies much so the ones I post here are the last i paid for and saw....the first Kingsman was worth it :good:

Going to the theaters now almost seems pointless because a lot of films I watch now don't require big screens. But yeah I loved the first one so much I wanted to see the next instalment fast.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, Bailey. said:

"Girls Trip" which was hilarious that shit was funny as hell :lol: B+

Just watched it and I also give it a B.  My cousin kept harassing me about it all holiday season so I watched it.

Bright B+ I liked this Netflix movie starring Will Smith.  It was interesting, I was left interested in the world and wanting to see more.  They could easily do a series and have it work even without Will.

Call me by Your name  B+  I enjoyed this.  Based on the novel of the same name.  Its about an American who goes to work/study in a small Italian city.  And has a cute little relationship with his mentor's son over a summer.  It has an innocence to it I found cute and the flavor of exotic love affair in a secluded little town.  It isn't cliché gay movie which I like.  

IT B  I finally watched this remake and I mean I enjoyed it.  It wasn't scary scary but it was entertaining

I still have yet to watch Bright but I’ve heard all kinds of mixed reactions but I’m still interested in watching it because I def like Will Smith and I do enjoy the director, David Ayers... I loved End of Watch and Training Day and I was one of those that actually enjoyed Suicide Squad haha

1 hour ago, Dal said:

I still have yet to watch Bright but I’ve heard all kinds of mixed reactions but I’m still interested in watching it because I def like Will Smith and I do enjoy the director, David Ayers... I loved End of Watch and Training Day and I was one of those that actually enjoyed Suicide Squad haha

sounds interesting....

• Downvote 1