The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

• 2 months later...

Straight Outta Compton - A+, it really was perfectly done. The story stayed entertaining all the way through. I paid to see it twice....that's a A+ movie reaction.

The Perfect Guy - B-, I enjoyed it, thoSanaa was a tad disappointing and came off too stiff sometimes. This was VERY much & obviously a Michael Ealy showcase, he was the movie, ans owned (but I saw he was a producer...mmmhmm lol. I see what you did here lol). I'll see it again. But I didnt need to see it in theaters, it's worth the HBO wait.

Sinister 2 - C, 1st I gotta say fuck Rotten Tomatoes lol (I actually love em but they did wrong), RT gave this movie like a 12% had my expectations in the basement.....when I really enjoyed it. 1st was lightyrs better & scarier, and this was more formulaic. But there was also alot of stuff I couldn't predict. I'll definitely be seeing it again. Really impressed with the kids acting in this compared to the 1st

• 1 month later...

Ant-Man- A-/B+ I REALLY enjoyed it and Paul was great as expected and as usual, but I also felt it was a tad too predictable & formulaic.

The GIft - B+ VERY unexpected, and very suspenseful and full of twists and turns you don't expect, and a ending you REALLY don't. Gotta hand it to Jason Bateman, he plays a asshole REALLY great.

Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer PART 2: C-, It had major shoes to fill, Henry part 1 is known as 1 of the darkest most disturbing films of all time, but this really was a tad lackluster, but the deaths were a little exciting, but that's really it.

Dead Presidents- B+, I had heard about this movie forever, seen a few references but finally saw it and was very much pleased, and entertained. Larenz Tate is ridiculously underrated to me

Claudine- A, OK I had seen this YEARS ago as a teenager and alot of stuff went over my head. This was a REALLY deep really good movie. Dihann Caroll & James Earl Jones & Lawrence Hilton Jacobs and the actress who played the oldest daughter all were acting their asses off. I like that all the kids for the most part had a standout in their personality and a chance to show it.

Sister, Sister- A, (not the TVshow, the 1982 movie) Dihann again, she's so great, I LOVE the way she speaks and the looks she gives. but Rosalind Cash as the middle sister STOLE THE MOVIE from Dihann and Irene Cara. I LOVED that fight scene too

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Star Wars : The Force Awakens.  A+

Has the nostalgia, the action. Alot of hype and did a good job living up to it imo. Alot of new characters to look forward to seeing in more movies. 

i'm supposed to go see this tonight. I know it's gonna be good. It's said to already of made $100 million off of presales alone. I know it's gonna break box office records when the results come in Monday. Too bad the white boy who killed himself because the main character is black will miss out lol

The Revenant--I fell asleep towards the end..but it was good.  When Leo got attacked by that bear>>>>>>

Grade: B+

The Danish Girl--Good movie.  Well acted and Eddie was good..but his co-star Alicia stole the movie with her moving portrayal.

Grade: B+

The Martian-This was an ok movie..no standouts as far as acting..although I hated Jeff Daniels character.

Grade: B-

I fell asleep on "Sicario" so I can't judge it properly..and don't clock me cuz I fell asleep on the Revenant..I seen most of it. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

(I'm way late with this posting)

Star Wars VII - A

The Revenant - A+

Sisters - A

Inside Out - A+

According To Spencer - D+

Livin For Love: The Natalie Cole Story - B+

Chi-Raq - To be determined after I see it today

*Details coming later*

Edited by jarrylf