The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

A lil gift for the lambily here, the guy who did the 3 hour interview with Janet, also released the entire audio from a great MC interview he did in 1999, like RIGHT after filming the Heartbreaker remix video, and was still working on remixes for the album, before it was even released. I LOVVVVVVVVVVE this interview, not as much as the Janet interview, but I really love all that they discuss. He's really good at these....well he should be because he's a journalist, but I like his style, maybe it's because he's a big fan of both Janet & Mariah but his interviews are like really relaxed and like they're maybe new friends and he's just asking some questions and giving his point of view and asking for hers on things. I've talked to him for a few days now, he's quite fascinating himself actually

• Upvote 1

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! YAS THOUGH!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I really wasn't expecting it at all! It'll happen when you least expect it!

I agree, I was hoping I'd like the video more than the song, I had a feeling I would.

DianaYes2-vi.gif

YOU GO BOY!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU MAN, THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!! LOOK AT YOU! THAT'S MA BOY!............Also go to the Lion Babe thread man lol

What's a Lion Babe thread? Oh I see it's a new artist :asham: ~ cool, I'll check 'em out when I get home later!

And that interview is one of my favorites! Very in-depth and we get this relaxed, savvy side of her we don't often hear. To me, this is the "real Mariah" - the musician, the businesswoman... and of course props to the interviewer for asking well-thought-out questions.
  • Upvote 1

What's a Lion Babe thread? Oh I see it's a new artist :asham: ~ cool, I'll check 'em out when I get home later!

And that interview is one of my favorites! Very in-depth and we get this relaxed, savvy side of her we don't often hear. To me, this is the "real Mariah" - the musician, the businesswoman... and of course props to the interviewer for asking well-thought-out questions.

Yes, I'll bump the thread for you in a bit

Yea, I love his approach like he told me with both of these interviews, he was told to get a certain angle or story on both, but both ended up being revealing & known for something else. Janets was supposed to be about the new album & a few rumors, but it's known for her dating talk, & Mariahs is more known for how much she had on her back. I just love the approach of a journalist or interviewer letting the story unfold, not trying to shape or stir the conversation so much, at least not so obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RIGHT! I swear that's my biggest complaint about her features these days, it seems to be more about who's hot rather than, who's gonna make some REALLY great (TIMELESS) music with her. #Beautiful with Miguel was timeless. Hell D'Angelo's back! She can make that happen!

Edited by jarrylf

RIGHT! I swear that's my biggest complaint about her features these days, it seems to be more about who's hot rather than, who's gonna make some REALLY great (TIMELESS) music with her. #Beautiful with Miguel was timeless. Hell D'Angelo's back! She can make that happen!

Yeah, D'Angelo would be a good as well! I enjoyed just about all the collabs on the last album, though it would've been nice if Stevie had a singing part!

people don't "get those" like they're some kind of award. They have the purchase them

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/16/how-to-get-a-star-on-the-hollywood-walk-of-fame/

It also lists "produce something iconic," so that should rule out unknown millionaires wanting a star just because they feel like it lol

-$30K from $500M is hardly a financial setback anyway :lol:

Yeah, D'Angelo would be a good as well! I enjoyed just about all the collabs on the last album, though it would've been nice if Stevie had a singing part!

It also lists "produce something iconic," so that should rule out unknown millionaires wanting a star just because they feel like it lol

-$30K from $500M is hardly a financial setback anyway :lol:

I don't think I said she'll be in financial worry over it. I'm just saying she paid for it like she paid for radio spins :)