The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

Favorite song per album / Least favorite

Mariah Carey - "Vision of Love" / "Alone in Love"

Emotions - "Can't Let Go" / I just can't :tear: ... I guess "If It's Over"

Music Box - "Dreamlover" / "All I Ever Wanted"

Merry Christmas - "All I Want for Christmas Is You" / "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

Daydream - "Always Be My Baby" / "Looking In"

Butterfly - "Butterfly" / "Outside"

Rainbow - "Bliss" / "How Much"

Glitter - "Didn't Mean to Turn You On" / "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life"

Charmbracelet - "Yours" / "Through the Rain (Remix)"

The Emancipation of Mimi - "Fly Like A Bird" / "Makin' It Last All Night (What It Do)"

E=MC² - "For the Record" / "Heat"

Memoirs of an imperfect Angel - "H.A.T.E.U." / "Standing O"

(Angels Advocate - "H.A.T.E.U. (Remix)" / "Candy Bling (Remix)")

Merry Christmas II You - "Oh Santa!" / "Charlie Brown Christmas"

I LOVE Yours. SO AMAZING.! lol. Of course my favorite MC CD is Emancipation because I can sit there and listen start to finish without skipping any songs....well maybe Get Your Number lol. I always thought that song was annoying lol.

"Yours" happens to me my favorite off Charmbracelet. ^_^

Yet ANOTHER great review for the album. I'm lovin it... :P

Mariah Carey's Merry Christmas II You really should top everyone's gift list this Holiday season.

It's been sixteen years since Carey's beloved Merry Christmas, and still no one can spread holiday cheer as well as she can. Merry Christmas II You isn't just the perfect modern Christmas album, it's one of the year's best pop records. Kicking off with the hand-clap and bell jingle of "Oh Santa!," Carey immediately pulls everyone into her wondrous winter wonderland. Her voice soars on the hook along with a gorgeous chant that's as fun as it is fiery. It's a warm and welcoming new Christmas classic with a little modern swag thrown in alongside the sleigh and reindeer for good measure. Meanwhile, "Christmas Time Is In The Air Again" evokes the classic crooning of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin on all of those legendary Decemberific with the light flourishes of orchestra and lilting piano melodies.

Carey's take on "Charlie Brown Christmas" is especially fun as are her powerful renditions of "O Come All Ye Faithful" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem." It's on those staples that her voice truly resounds with a poetic passion that will make you want to sit by the fire with some milk and cookies waiting for Santa. Carey adds a classy elegance to the "Charlie Brown" track that hasn't been matched since Stone Temple Pilots took the song on air in early '90s. "Auld Lang Syne" breaks into a danceable beat that heats up the holidays like never before. Merry Christmas II You is the perfect present this year. You'll be dancing in the snow before you know it…

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/mariah-carey-merry-christmas-ii-you-review-4-5-out-of-5-stars/8167407

B) B)

----

*sigh* Oh how I wanna see the "Oh Santa!" performances. I just know she did amazing. :blush:

My favorite Mariah song ever was sabotaged from hitting #1?! :angry::lol:

Trey Lorenz: I love "Can't Let Go." I remember hearing it when she was first working on it and I actually got to see it just blossom into this incredible work which I think has stood the test of time. Technically, "Can't Let Go" should be Mariah's 6th consecutive #1, but Sony wanted to sell more records instead of singles - that's how it was working at that time and they pulled the single from the stores in order for people to buy the album. And the song just missed going to #1. It stalled at #2. I remember saying, "This is a #1, this is a #1." I think Sony was trying to prove a point, and keep her in line, and what not, which only made her rebel more. So...[laughs].

Just a little late :asham: these are my favorites and least favorites from her studio albums:

1. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love / Sent from Up Above

2. Emotions - Can't Let Go / And You Don't Remember

3. Music Box - Anytime You Need a Friend / Just to Hold You Once Again

4. Daydream - Always Be My Baby / When I Saw You

5. Butterfly - The Roof / Fourth of July

6. Rainbow - Petals / Did I Do That

7. Glitter - Never Too Far / Want You

8. Charmbracelet - Through the Rain / You Got Me

9. The Emancipation of Mimi - Fly Like a Bird / Makin' It Last All Night (What It Do)

10. E=MC^2 - For the Record / Thanx 4 Nothin’

11. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel - Obsessed / More than Just Friends

Just a little late :asham: these are my favorites and least favorites from her studio albums:

1. Mariah Carey - Vision of Love / Sent from Up Above

2. Emotions - Can't Let Go / And You Don't Remember

3. Music Box - Anytime You Need a Friend / Just to Hold You Once Again

4. Daydream - Always Be My Baby / When I Saw You

5. Butterfly - The Roof / Fourth of July

6. Rainbow - Petals / Did I Do That

7. Glitter - Never Too Far / Want You

8. Charmbracelet - Through the Rain / You Got Me

9. The Emancipation of Mimi - Fly Like a Bird / Makin' It Last All Night (What It Do)

10. E=MC^2 - For the Record / Thanx 4 Nothin’

11. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel - Obsessed / More than Just Friends

B) B)

I'm actually not :o'ing at any of your least favorites :lol:

Lovin it... B)

Mariah Carey's 'Oh Santa!' Tops Adult Contemporary

Posted by Lynn on Monday, 06-Dec-2010, 2:34PM EST

Mariah Carey's new holiday track "Oh Santa!" dashes all the way from No. 12 to No. 1 in just its second week on Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart, to be refreshed on Billboard.com Thursday (Dec. 9).

The coronation is the quickest by any title since the survey adopted Nielsen BDS-monitored radio airplay data in 1993. In that span, eight previous songs soared to the summit in as little as three chart weeks. (Seven of those songs were holiday-themed, as a majority of adult contemporary stations segue to yuletide fare each holiday season).

"Oh Santa!" is the lead single from Carey's second holiday album, "Merry Christmas II You," which debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 dated Nov. 20 and has sold 165,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Carey's prequel holiday set, 1994's "Merry Christmas," has totaled U.S. sales of 5.1 million. That collection's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" peaked at No. 6 on the Jan. 7, 1995, Adult Contemporary chart and has sold 1.6 million downloads. The cut additionally crowns Billboard's tally of the 100 top-selling and most-played holiday songs last year.

"Oh Santa!" had previously topped Billboard's Holiday Digital Songs list, where it debuted at No. 1 the week of Oct. 30.

The new carol is Carey's seventh Adult Contemporary chart-topper and first in more than 14 years. She reigned with her debut single "Vision of Love" and follow-up "Love Takes Time" in 1990 and again ruled with "I Don't Wanna Cry" (1991), "Can't Let Go," "I'll Be There" (1992) and "One Sweet Day," with Boyz II Men (1995-96).

Carey ends the longest gap between Adult Contemporary No. 1s since the Eagles waited 20 years between the commands of "Best of My Love" (Dec. 14, 1974) and "Love Will Keep Us Alive" (Dec. 17, 1994).

http://www.mariahjournal.com/news.shtml

Wow, AIWFCIY actually made the country chart :lmao:

*update* oh no wonder... :P

On Country Songs, Lady Antebellum's interpretation bows at No. 57, in between the trio's "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow," new at No. 56, and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (60-58). The songs appear on the group's Target-exclusive EP, "A Merry Little Christmas."

MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU

Billboard 200: #12 (Last week: #28)

Sales this week: 64,676 (+56%)

Total Sales: 230,035

Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Albums: #4 (Last week: #7) *Greatest Gainer

Billboard Holiday Albums: #4 (Last week: #6)

Billboard Top Current Albums: #12 (Last week: #26)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Billboard 200: #98 (Last week: #124)

Billboard Holiday Albums: #13 (Last week: #24)

Billboard Folk Albums: #10

"Oh Santa!"

Billboard Adult Contemporary: #1 (Last week: #12)*Greatest Gainer

"All I Want For Christmas Is You"

Billboard Holiday Songs: #2 (Last week: #1)

Billboard Country Songs: #57

Billboard Ringtones: #1 (Last week: #10)

Billboard AOL Radio #4

http://www.mariahjournal.com/news.shtml