An In-depth Look At Janet Jackson's Tour History Over The Years

Idrag4mj

I clearly have a lot time on my hands..

there have been a lot of inaccuracies ,misconceptions and discrepancies about Janet's tours over the years so i decided to do an extentsive research and in-depth look on them so we can have an accurate idea of all aspects of her previous tours…even wikipedia has them to a n extent wrong in some aspects . seeing fans quote wrong figures all the time irks me so i decided to do this.. ..some errors include total attendance..gross and such things

to get some of these figures i requested the help of pollster…billboard boxscore they have been tracking the progress of tours for some decades now as well some some intense arithmetic calculations ..

i dealt with with thousands of numbers so the could be a degree of human error in some of my figures but regardless it could not be more or less than 2-3% of the figure posted.. the following are probably the most accurate and well researched figures you will ever find for any of her tours

i shall start from her first tour to her most recent

Rhythm Nation Tour

220px-RhythmNation1814.jpg

Janets First ever tour saw her visit 3 continents with 117 shows in total

the average attendance for every show was 20,330 and totally attendance is estimated around 2.3million with 1.85million of that in north america alone

the average ticket price for that show was $32 the tour went on to gross $76,115,000 worldwide

Janet World Tour

200px-Janet._World_Tour.jpg

2nd tour by janet saw her vista 4 continents 18 countries within the span of 17 months with 123 shows the most shows janet has done for any concert

average attendance for this tour was 15,196 totally attendance for this tour is around 2.5million .. the highest for any of her tours average ticket price for that tour was $33 the tour went on to gross $83,096,000 worldwide and is by far janets most successful tour

The Velvet Rope World Tour

The-Velvet-Rope-Tour-Live-In-New-York.jpg

Janets third tour supporting her 6th studio album of the same name saw her visit 5 continents and 120 shows

the average attendance for this tour was around 17000 with an estimated worldwide attendance of 1.6million the average ticket price for this tour was $48

the world wide gross for velvet rope is $78,000,000

All For You Tour

51NMVP1DAEL._SL500_.jpg

This tour saw janet visit only two continents as she canceled the europe leg of her tour..

in support of her 7th studio album all for you tour had a total of 72 shows

the average attendance of this tour was 16000 and its total worldwide attendance 1.152,000..the average ticket price for this tour was $58 and the eventual worldwide gross after a series of calculations is $66,900,000

Rock Witchu Tour

jj-tour.jpg

Fifth concert tour by janet in support of her 10th studio album discipline the was meant to be a full blown worldwide trek but was cut show when janet had to cancel due to some medical issues with 16 shows this is janet least most successful tour to date

with an average attendance of 8,769 and total attendance of 127,000 ..

the average ticket price for this tour was $89.23 and total gross $11,125,000..

you may notice that the all for you tour has been hugely miscalculated by those who run her wikipedia..the tour saw over 1million people but it was put there as 700k…

Now here are the figures updated with inflation over time..note a mistake by a lot of folks was using the 2008 average ticket prices to calculated the inflation of the tours…this will give you a wrong outcome because the average ticket prices differ from artist to artist..janets ticket prices have always been more expensive than most of her peers..check what i mean below

Rhythm nation Tour average ticket price was $32 the average ticket prices for other tours at the time were around $21 so it would be wrong to use this to calculate something janet related..the figure you will get will be inaccurate

Average ticket prices for janets tours

Rhythm nation :$32

Janet Tour :$33

Velvet Rope Tour :$48

All For You Tour::$58

Rock Witu Tour :$89(in 2008 the average ticket prices were $67 but as you can see janets was much higher )

Number Ones Tour :$110

The following are her Gross tour equivalents based on Janets 2011 average ticket pricing and not the inaccurate 2008 general average most people use

Rhythm nation Tour $261,645,313

Janet Tour : $276,986,666

Velvet Rope Tour : $178,750,000

All For You Tour $126,879,310

Rock withu Tour $13,750,000

Without adjusting her tours to today equivalents janets tours have grossed a combined $315,236,000 excluding her number ones tour

and with inflation they have grossed $858,011,200

In all Janets Tours Have been attended by over 8million fans and is the 3rd most successful black touring act of all time behind Tina Turner And Her brother Michael Jackson

some may ask why the need to state how much she has grossed with her previous tours with inflation in consideration and isn't that an over exaggeration of her figures? .the answer is ticket price inflation is a very important constant that is helps determine how movies and tours of the past have done in comparison to tour and movies of today..

if you all remember the billboard giving lady gaga that accolade of most successful debut tour when clearly janet still holds the title ..debut arena tour or not rhythm nation has grossed more when 2011 ticket inflation has been factored in…

sorry for the long write-up..ii just had to get a lot of stuff out there..i hope i didn't confuse you guys too much.. i didn't touch on the number ones tour i will save that for another time as im a little exhausted by all these figures..but with 75dates reported this tour should easily gross over $50mill by the time it wraps up.

if you have any questions feel free to ask me :filenails:

• Upvote 8

Untitled119-vi.gif

It's stuff like this that people need to see, and Janet's team needs to put out so folks can stop underestimating this woman. :sigh:

And did your calculations come from KNOWN dates? Because there are a some dates from the RN1814 Tour that people don't know about.

qx29nd.jpg

:good: +1

Excellent! I knew whenever I saw that Gaga now has the biggest grossing debut tour it was WRONG, because people with those numbers, for some reason, do not see it important to calculate inflation (same with movies), as you can see is MASSIVE since the Rhythm Nation Tour. And the fact that Gaga's first tour was practically two tours, and for that long and Janet still out-grossed her... :filenails:

Too bad people will still continue to overlook her immense success, untouchable outstanding numbers. We'll just leave those folks to bask in their wrongful ignorance and I'll bathe in the excellence that is Saint Janet Damita Jo Jackson. B)

Excellent! I knew whenever I saw that Gaga now has the biggest grossing debut tour it was WRONG, because people with those numbers, for some reason, do not see it important to calculate inflation (same with movies), as you can see is MASSIVE since the Rhythm Nation Tour. And the fact that Gaga's first tour was practically two tours, and for that long and Janet still out-grossed her... :filenails:

Too bad people will still continue to overlook her immense success, untouchable outstanding numbers. We'll just leave those folks to bask in their wrongful ignorance and I'll bathe in the excellence that is Saint Janet Damita Jo Jackson. B)

And upon this day in history, Cry God for Goddess Janet, the Rhythm Nation and Saint Michael. :cheers:

And even then, the Monster Ball wasn't Gaga's first tour. It may have been her first ARENA tour, but the Fame Ball, which was a small theater tour, was her debut tour. RN is still the biggest, period.

And even then, the Monster Ball wasn't Gaga's first tour. It may have been her first ARENA tour, but the Fame Ball, which was a small theater tour, was her debut tour. RN is still the biggest, period.

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken though, I believe they combined the two of them for that article, which is why they said it outgrossed Janet...and even still it really didn't. Big BOOM.

I clearly have a lot time on my hands..

there have been a lot of inaccuracies ,misconceptions and discrepancies about Janet's tours over the years so i decided to do an extentsive research and in-depth look on them so we can have an accurate idea of all aspects of her previous tours…even wikipedia has them to a n extent wrong in some aspects . seeing fans quote wrong figures all the time irks me so i decided to do this.. ..some errors include total attendance..gross and such things

to get some of these figures i requested the help of pollster…billboard boxscore they have been tracking the progress of tours for some decades now as well some some intense arithmetic calculations ..

i dealt with with thousands of numbers so the could be a degree of human error in some of my figures but regardless it could not be more or less than 2-3% of the figure posted.. the following are probably the most accurate and well researched figures you will ever find for any of her tours

i shall start from her first tour to her most recent

Rhythm Nation Tour

220px-RhythmNation1814.jpg

Janets First ever tour saw her visit 3 continents with 117 shows in total

the average attendance for every show was 20,330 and totally attendance is estimated around 2.3million with 1.85million of that in north america alone

the average ticket price for that show was $32 the tour went on to gross $76,115,000 worldwide

Janet World Tour

200px-Janet._World_Tour.jpg

2nd tour by janet saw her vista 4 continents 18 countries within the span of 17 months with 123 shows the most shows janet has done for any concert

average attendance for this tour was 15,196 totally attendance for this tour is around 2.5million .. the highest for any of her tours average ticket price for that tour was $33 the tour went on to gross $83,096,000 worldwide and is by far janets most successful tour

The Velvet Rope World Tour

The-Velvet-Rope-Tour-Live-In-New-York.jpg

Janets third tour supporting her 6th studio album of the same name saw her visit 5 continents and 120 shows

the average attendance for this tour was around 17000 with an estimated worldwide attendance of 1.6million the average ticket price for this tour was $48

the world wide gross for velvet rope is $78,000,000

All For You Tour

51NMVP1DAEL._SL500_.jpg

This tour saw janet visit only two continents as she canceled the europe leg of her tour..

in support of her 7th studio album all for you tour had a total of 72 shows

the average attendance of this tour was 16000 and its total worldwide attendance 1.152,000..the average ticket price for this tour was $58 and the eventual worldwide gross after a series of calculations is $66,900,000

Rock Witchu Tour

jj-tour.jpg

Fifth concert tour by janet in support of her 10th studio album discipline the was meant to be a full blown worldwide trek but was cut show when janet had to cancel due to some medical issues with 16 shows this is janet least most successful tour to date

with an average attendance of 8,769 and total attendance of 127,000 ..

the average ticket price for this tour was $89.23 and total gross $11,125,000..

you may notice that the all for you tour has been hugely miscalculated by those who run her wikipedia..the tour saw over 1million people but it was put there as 700k…

Now here are the figures updated with inflation over time..note a mistake by a lot of folks was using the 2008 average ticket prices to calculated the inflation of the tours…this will give you a wrong outcome because the average ticket prices differ from artist to artist..janets ticket prices have always been more expensive than most of her peers..check what i mean below

Rhythm nation Tour average ticket price was $32 the average ticket prices for other tours at the time were around $21 so it would be wrong to use this to calculate something janet related..the figure you will get will be inaccurate

Average ticket prices for janets tours

Rhythm nation :$32

Janet Tour :$33

Velvet Rope Tour :$48

All For You Tour::$58

Rock Witu Tour :$89(in 2008 the average ticket prices were $67 but as you can see janets was much higher )

Number Ones Tour :$110

The following are her Gross tour equivalents based on Janets 2011 average ticket pricing and not the inaccurate 2008 general average most people use

Rhythm nation Tour $261,645,313

Janet Tour : $276,986,666

Velvet Rope Tour : $178,750,000

All For You Tour $126,879,310

Rock withu Tour $13,750,000

Without adjusting her tours to today equivalents janets tours have grossed a combined $315,236,000 excluding her number ones tour

and with inflation they have grossed $858,011,200

some may ask why the need to state how much she has grossed with her previous tours with inflation in consideration and isn't that an over exaggeration of her figures? .the answer is ticket price inflation is a very important constant that is helps determine how movies and tours of the past have done in comparison to tour and movies of today..

if you all remember the billboard giving lady gaga that accolade of most successful debut tour when clearly janet still holds the title ..debut arena tour or not rhythm nation has grossed more when 2011 ticket inflation has been factored in…

sorry for the long write-up..ii just had to get a lot of stuff out there..i hope i didn't confuse you guys too much.. i didn't touch on the number ones tour i will save that for another time as im a little exhausted by all these figures..but with 67dates reported this tour should easily gross over $50mill by the time it wraps up.

if you have any questions feel free to ask me :filenails:

Could you send an email to that damn writer so he could adjust and retract his article? :excited: