Rank - 45

Gross Millions - 15.9

Average Ticket Price - $104.55

Average Tickets - 5,386

Total Tickets - 150,796

Average Gross - 567,857

Cities/Shows 28/45

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Charts2011/071811Top50WorldwideTours.pdf

Although Jackson rarely takes to the road, she ranks as one of the most successful female touring artists of all time. According to "Billboard Boxscore," she sold nearly 2 million tickets to 161 shows and grossed $94 million between 1993 and 2002.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/05/21/music-janet-dc-idUSN1919838320080521

With the $10 million gross from the RWU Tour, and the #1s tour, Janet has grossed about $125 million in the US alone (without the adjustment for inflation).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this!!!! ^_^

But you can't really compare inflation of ticket prices in this day and age. Mainly because different acts ask for different prices. Madonna and U2 will rape your pocket book, while Beyonce Mariah Carey will give you a 50% discount and a free pair of jeans free bucket of chicken from KFC. :yep:

Can someone give me Janet's record for the tour verbatim & then what Billboard said Gaga's tour accomplished verbatim, because I think I understand why they might have said the Gaga thing & I don't think it has to do with ass kissing either

Thanks for this!!!! ^_^

But you can't really compare inflation of ticket prices in this day and age. Mainly because different acts ask for different prices. Madonna and U2 will rape your pocket book, while Beyonce Mariah Carey will give you a 50% discount and a free pair of jeans free bucket of chicken from KFC. :yep:

that why if you read...i calculated the inflation based on janets own ticket prices .... her average ticket price for her tour in 2011 is $110 the price for rhythm nation was $33 you get the point

Can someone give me Janet's record for the tour verbatim & then what Billboard said Gaga's tour accomplished verbatim, because I think I understand why they might have said the Gaga thing & I don't think it has to do with ass kissing either

the fact is that the tour is not gaga's debut tour..she has had previous tours prior to this so that article is just wrong plain and simple....and even if it is taken as her debut tour ..it still hasnt outgrossed janet's debut tour

The gals on J|X emailed Billboard back and forth to the point where Billboard changed the name of the article to "debuting headlining arena tour" or some shit like that.

• 3 months later...

Why not?

Maybe it will be.

It's not a Janet thing to reach.

Rihanna claiming on x factor, she's had 51 global no.1s....that's reaching.

Gaga claiming she's sold 100 million records....that's reaching.

And worse is their fans believe it all.

"Most successful theatre tour" is nothing to brag about when it comes from someone who has consistently played arenas and stadiums.

Archived