The Official Nicki Minaj Thread

TwistedElegance™

She’s worked with everyone from Mariah Carey to M.I.A., and now Nicki Minaj has her sights set on her next collaboration.

When asked by UsMagazine.com who her dream collaboration would be, one name came to mind. “Probably just Beyoncé right now,” revealed the Harajuku Barbie. “I’ve worked with just about all my dream collabs, like I’ve worked with Jay-Z and I’ve worked with Kanye and I worked with Rihanna and I’ve worked with Eminem. Those were at the top of my list. Now that I’ve done that, probably the only one on my list that I haven’t worked with that I’m really, really excited about is Beyoncé.”

The “Right Thru Me” rapper said earlier this year that she wanted to write for the pop star. “I think I could come up with some crazy stuff for Beyoncé,” she shared. “I have things that I write for girls, like R&B singers.”

It was Jay-Z who advised Robin Thicke to put Nicki on his “Shakin’ It 4 Daddy” record, so Mr. Carter shouldn’t have a problem convincing his wife to do the same. “Beyoncé, she’s fearless, and I think that she could embody my crazy swag in a female R&B world.”

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/11/25/nicki-minaj-dreams-of-working-with-beyonce/#more-66444

Pink Friday on track to sell between 375-425k.

Cash Money/Universal Motown’s red-hot Nicki Minaj also bested pre-release predictions, with a total in the 375-425k range for her hotly anticipated debut, Pink Friday, though the upcoming Black Friday could render these estimates a little less accurate than usual.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08314

I agree, hopefully that will be the case if it is re-released. I really do not like the original cover...but I guess it fits her whole "Barbie" gimmick. -_-

I actually like the original cover. I'm so glad it wasn't some random pose. To me, she actually made a cover. I find it infuriating when an album cover can look like any old magazine shoot.

I actually like the original cover. I'm so glad it wasn't some random pose. To me, she actually made a cover. I find it infuriating when an album cover can look like any old magazine shoot.

You've got a point. That's the problem I have with album artwork these days, there's no originality, nothing "different"...I wanna see covers that I've never seen before. Nicky definitely gets points for originality.

What would you say are your favorite album cover(s) of all-time?

You've got a point. That's the problem I have with album artwork these days, there's no originality, nothing "different"...I wanna see covers that I've never seen before. Nicky definitely gets points for originality.

What would you say are your favorite album cover(s) of all-time?

I agree, 100%, so many covers today are just so beige.

Wow, I don't know if I could ever rank them, but here are five of my all-time favourite covers off the top of my head. If it's bold and artistic I'm probably gonna love it, but these are some at random which really stick out:

f41vs3.jpg

oa90yw.jpg

flec29.jpg

1jaezs.jpg

14yakhj.jpg

What are yours?

If reports are to be beleived, Pink Friday is about to debut with bigger numbers than any of Kim's albums. I'm not normally one to go on sales, but since Kim brought it up, I wouldn't mind seeing her eat those words.

What are you favorites songs? Mine are Roman's Revenge, Did it on em, Fly, Save Me, Moment 4 Life, Blazin, Here I Am, Massive Attack, Blow Ya Mind, Muny, Girls Fall Like Dominoes and Catch Me

woops :ph34r:

What are you favorites songs? Mine are Roman's Revenge, Did it on em, Fly, Save Me, Moment 4 Life, Blazin, Here I Am, Massive Attack, Blow Ya Mind, Muny, Girls Fall Like Dominoes and Catch Me

woops :ph34r:

Did you leave any out? :lol:

'Roman's Revenge' is my fave, I even taught myself the rap. -_- Followed by 'Moment 4 Life', 'I'm The Best', 'Fly' and 'Super Bass'. I don't love the album, but I am a fan.

:lol:

What's your favorite feature? Mine is Monster which is an obvious choice -_- She mutha fuckin KILLED IT

Oh, it has to be 'Monster'. That verse is a scene-stealer and without sounding corny as hell, the industry knows it. I've read so many pieces saying that right there is what got people to sit up and pay attention to her. Other fave features are Gyptian's 'Hold Yah', Robin Thicke's 'Shakin' It 4 Daddy', Dirty Money's 'Hello Good Morning', and, for some reason, Sean Kingston's 'Letting Go (Dutty Love)'. :umm:

Yours?

• Upvote 1

Oh, it has to be 'Monster'. That verse is a scene-stealer and without sounding corny as hell, the industry knows it. I've read so many pieces saying that right there is what got people to sit up and pay attention to her. Other fave features are Gyptian's 'Hold Yah', Robin Thicke's 'Shakin' It 4 Daddy', Dirty Money's 'Hello Good Morning', and, for some reason, Sean Kingston's 'Letting Go (Dutty Love)'. :umm:

Yours?

Yeah it's definitely wow-worthy. I don't think I've head every single one... I definitely love her on Hello Good Morning, that has to be #2