The Official Nicki Minaj Thread

TwistedElegance™

minaj-pigtails.jpg

NICKI MINAJ OUTLINES FIVE-YEAR PLAN

Nicki Minaj just released her debut album Pink Friday earlier this week, but she already has big plans for the future.

The Young Money raptress tells Rolling Stone that her five-year plan includes a film career, a perfume line, a clothing line, and records that feature her singing as much as rapping.

Minaj has already explored the latter with her debut, singing on many of the album cuts. “There’s this fear of not being perfect,” she tells the magazine. “There’s some songs I just won’t write because I’m afraid of it not meeting my expectation of what I know that song could be. I don’t compete with other people, I compete with myself.”

The Harajuku Barbie, who recently launched a limited edition M·A·C lipstick, previously revealed her aspirations to win an Oscar. “We’re getting scripts,” she told DJ Drama. “We’re reading it, but we’re not saying nothing [yet].”

One thing is for sure, the head Barb has come a long way since moving from Trinidad at the age of five. “When I first came to America, I would go in my room and kneel down at the foot of my bed and pray that God would make me rich so that I could take care of my mother,” she says. “Because I always felt like if I took care of my mother, my mother wouldn’t have to stay with my father, and he was the one, at that time, that was bringing us pain. We didn’t want him around at all, and so I always felt like being rich would cure everything, and that was always what drove me.”

minaj-pigtails.jpg

NICKI MINAJ OUTLINES FIVE-YEAR PLAN

Nicki Minaj just released her debut album Pink Friday earlier this week, but she already has big plans for the future.

The Young Money raptress tells Rolling Stone that her five-year plan includes a film career, a perfume line, a clothing line, and records that feature her singing as much as rapping.

Minaj has already explored the latter with her debut, singing on many of the album cuts. “There’s this fear of not being perfect,” she tells the magazine. “There’s some songs I just won’t write because I’m afraid of it not meeting my expectation of what I know that song could be. I don’t compete with other people, I compete with myself.”

The Harajuku Barbie, who recently launched a limited edition M·A·C lipstick, previously revealed her aspirations to win an Oscar. “We’re getting scripts,” she told DJ Drama. “We’re reading it, but we’re not saying nothing [yet].”

One thing is for sure, the head Barb has come a long way since moving from Trinidad at the age of five. “When I first came to America, I would go in my room and kneel down at the foot of my bed and pray that God would make me rich so that I could take care of my mother,” she says. “Because I always felt like if I took care of my mother, my mother wouldn’t have to stay with my father, and he was the one, at that time, that was bringing us pain. We didn’t want him around at all, and so I always felt like being rich would cure everything, and that was always what drove me.”

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why did you highlight the singing part? If you've listened to her album you'll know she already does that.

And I'm sure people laughed at Queen Latifah's acting aspirations too. :coffee:

I highlighted that part because SHE CAN"T SING.. I saw her ass on Wendy and she was horrible.

If I recall, no laughed at the Queen because she had a few small roles on TV before she became Cleo..

I highlighted that part because SHE CAN"T SING.. I saw her ass on Wendy and she was horrible.

If I recall, no laughed at the Queen because she had a few small roles on TV before she became Cleo..

Well I guess that's debatable, and also questionable given that you're a fan of other artists who've faced similar criticism.

But if Queen the rapper said she wanted to win an Oscar back in the day you know people would've chuckled.

Well I guess that's debatable, and also questionable given that you're a fan of other artists who've faced similar criticism.

But if Queen the rapper said she wanted to win an Oscar back in the day you know people would've chuckled.

I don't think the Queen would say that before she actually had a role in anything..

All my favorite artist can sing.. <_<

Nicki can't sing and I bet 4 out 5 would agree, the remaining are barbies just like ---

I don't think the Queen would say that before she actually had a role in anything..

Nicki can't sing and I bet 4 out 5 would agree, the remaining are barbies just like ---

was that a dramatic pause or my name? :rolleyes:

I think Nicki has a decent voice <_<

It was hypothetical. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying Nicki is a good singer. I saw the video too. What I am saying is if that's your reason for not liking her then you should look in your own backyard first. Rihanna has been slammed for years for that very reason.