New interview with Kathy Ireland

art

Janet Jackson live, a THANKSGIVING present from Kathy to you

This year has been an exciting one of change, challenge and triumph for iconic artist, known to the world as

Janet Jackson emerged from the background of her famous family to establish a career and level of genius that few artist in history will ever rival. Janet has sold over 100,000,000 records globally; she is a Grammy winner, an Oscar nominee, a brilliant actress and a tender humanitarian. Janet is fearsly private and so it is with great humility that we are able to offer you at kathyireland.com the exclusive Q&A with lady Janet the legend:

Question: This year you had two major film successes, Why Did I Get Married Too? And Colored Girls. Why now?

Janet: It’s fun to be here and talk with you guys… acting is my first love. I started when I was ten. When I read both scripts, something inside me said I had to do them. I knew that the schedule would take me out of the recording studio for a minute… LOL! And I was wrong about that, because after finishing Why Did I Get Married Too, I wound up co-writing the theme song for the movie, “Nothing”, with Jermaine Dupri. I’m grateful that people are enjoying it and understanding it. It talks about things that happen to the characters in the film and to relationships that all of us can understand whether we are married or not.

Question: What can you tell us about your new relationship?

Janet: The man I am involved with is very private and so I honor that. We are in a special place and I’m not going to tell you anymore than the fact that it is a very good place to be.

Question:Janet, he is handsome, gorgeous and we hear you’re engaged. Are you?

Janet:As I said we’re very private… all I’m going to say is NO.

Question: Moving on Janet, but you know we want more. You are the only artist that our family has ever rented a bus, to stalk your concert. Why do millions of us love you so much?

Janet: I can’t answer that fully. I hope people have been able to relate to me… to see me be honest to know that my life is in my music, and my body of work is true. There is a part of my soul in everything I’ve done. Honest is important to me, as a woman, as an artist and as a friend.

Question: What is your religion?

Janet: I consider myself a Christian. I start each of my days in prayer and that has truly helped my life.

Question: How is your family.

Janet: Everyone is fine and I appreciate you asking about my entire family. That means a lot.

Question: Janet, you are a fashion icon. Who is your favorite designer?

Janet: I would never choose one. I love so many people in fashion. My friend Donatella Versace, Lanvin’s Creative Director, Alber Elbez, Ralph Lauren and my own stylist Robert Behr. I love fashion, shoes, clothing, jewelry, fur… putting it all together in a way that honors yourself is something I have loved for years.

Question:What are you planning for 2011?

Janet: There is so much to do and I am ready to do it all! We start a global tour next year that will celebrate my 35 number one hit records. This will be a little bit different because, it’s the first time I’ve ever done a tour of strictly hit songs. We taking it to every continent in the world and the fans are choosing the cities at JanetJackson.com. I can’t wait to find out where we end up performing. 2011 is also when my first book will be released. It’s called True You and that is the essence of how I’ve learned to live my life. You’ve got be ok with yourself just as you are. I am a work in progress and when I find myself being too critical I have to stop it. I wish when I was growing up, there had been a book available like True You. I hope this book helps people, especially kids to realize that their not alone and that when I read their letters or meet them that my love is sincere and in the time we share there is true carrying going on between us.

Question:Janet, you are one of the most beautiful women in the world. Who do you find beautiful?

Janet: I find beauty in everyone. Letting go of judgment is beautiful. Beauty is not looking one particular way. That can really mess you up.

Question: How did you feel when your 35th number one song happened on ITunes after American Idol?

Janet: Grateful to my fans and the viewers. You put it out there and you never know what’s going to happen. The music industry is changing as we speak. Some people are afraid of those changes… not me…I say bring it on. I love to look forward. I know what I’ve done in the past. I want to see what the future has in store for me. Music, film, television, fashion, producing, writing. I am a creative person. I love what I do. Otherwise, I would do something else… from the time I was

Question:What part of being famous do you like least?

Janet: Giving away my privacy… most people don’t understand how shy I am. I would always rather watch than be watched. But I know my show can’t go on without me. So, I take a deep breath an I draw upon my discipline and go out and try to make people happy. That’s important. There needs to be more joy in the world.

Question: What will we learn in your new book?

Janet: It’s not an autobiography. There are stories about my life that explain the ups and downs of my weight and myself esteem. You’ll learn about other people’s stories too, people who are brave and honest. You’ll find recipes by Chef Andre of kathy ireland Worldwide, nutrition information from David Allen and fitness tips from my trainer Tony Martinez. I hope you find love in the book, because I put there.

Question:Janet, this year in addition to your number one cd, the movies, magazine covers, finishing the book, raising money for non-profits and traveling the world, you became the most successful Black Glama legend of all times. Over one billion people have seen you in the is magnificent campaign. Why did you say yes?

Janet: It was exciting to join the company of so many incredible, legendary women. Lena Horne, Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren…when we took the first photograph, I thought about all those women who have paved the way for me. And when I looked up Time Square and saw the billboards, I just felt grateful. Being called a legend isn’t about me… at least not yet. I have so much more to accomplish… I have so many roads to travel. I believe the best parts of my life are waiting to happen.

Kathy: Thank you Janet, for sharing so much of your precious time and you know, I’ll be driving that bus and stalking your concerts.

Janet: LOL… Kathy we know each-other now, no need to stalk, just come enjoy and hang out. Thank you… as always you are very kind.

http://www.kathyireland.com/janetjacksonexclusive.html

This is a cute interview :lol:

DEAD at this whole exchange:

Kathy: What can you tell us about your new relationship?

Janet: The man I am involved with is very private and so I honor that. We are in a special place and I’m not going to tell you anymore than the fact that it is a very good place to be.

Kathy:Janet, he is handsome, gorgeous and we hear you’re engaged. Are you?

Janet: As I said we’re very private… all I’m going to say is NO.

Kathy: Moving on Janet

:lmao:

Janet isn't playin' :lol:

A nice interview. :D

DEAD at this whole exchange:

Kathy: What can you tell us about your new relationship?

Kathy:Janet, he is handsome, gorgeous and we hear you’re engaged. Are you?

Janet: As I said we’re very private… all I’m going to say is NO.

Kathy: Moving on Janet

:lmao:

Janet isn't playin' :lol:

I can just imagine Janet's facial expressions during this. :lol:

Question:Janet, you are one of the most beautiful women in the world. Who do you find beautiful?

Janet: I find beauty in everyone. Letting go of judgment is beautiful. Beauty is not looking one particular way. That can really mess you up.

:tear:

Very nice interview. I only had one concern: the person that typed it.

Janet Jackson emerged from the background of her famous family to establish a career and level of genius that few artist in history will ever rival. Janet has sold over 100,000,000 records globally; she is a Grammy winner, an Oscar nominee, a brilliant actress and a tender humanitarian. Janet is fearsly private and so it is with great humility that we are able to offer you at kathyireland.com the exclusive Q&A with lady Janet the legend:

Really? :umm:

The rest of it was a mess too, grammar wise. Kathy needs to get a new typist.