:(

bu.

Just came back from the a&e. My niece tried sneaking out...she crawled out the window and was going to climb down but she fell and hit the ground.

She has really bad nerve damage...broken her spine and bowels are in a bad state. She couldn't feel her legs so the doctors operated on her....no sign whether it made a difference. She might not be able to walk again and will need a bag for a long long time.

I just can't believe it. I can't fault her....shes a teen and teenagers dont listen. And I'd be a hypocrite to say she was wrong because I've done shit myself. I just hate how one momentary lapse in judgement can have such tragic consequences.

OMG That's sooooo terrible. I'm sorry babe. I really hope she is able to recover. But prepare for the worst and she will need TONS of support. Pm me if you have any questions I have experience with spinal injuries and deal with this type of patients and their families. :tear:

Just came back from the a&e. My niece tried sneaking out...she crawled out the window and was going to climb down but she fell and hit the ground.

She has really bad nerve damage...broken her spine and bowels are in a bad state. She couldn't feel her legs so the doctors operated on her....no sign whether it made a difference. She might not be able to walk again and will need a bag for a long long time.

I just can't believe it. I can't fault her....shes a teen and teenagers dont listen. And I'd be a hypocrite to say she was wrong because I've done shit myself. I just hate how one momentary lapse in judgement can have such tragic consequences.

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope your niece makes a full recovery, though I know she has a long road ahead of her.

As you said, we all have/had a momentary lapse in judgement...it's just unfortunate that this happened as a result.

Just be there for her...and I know you will be.

Update:

She thankfully has gained feeling in her feet. Her mid-section is still worrying though. The doctors think she's ruptured an organ...it's possible her bowels may never work again.

I know I'm posting on here/twitter/facebook like nothings going on but I have to....otherwise I'll just go mad.

Thanks for all of your kind words and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. -_-

Update:

She thankfully has gained feeling in her feet. Her mid-section is still worrying though. The doctors think she's ruptured an organ...it's possible her bowels may never work again.

I know I'm posting on here/twitter/facebook like nothings going on but I have to....otherwise I'll just go mad.

Thanks for all of your kind words and prayers.

:tear:

Archived