"Alright" Ohio, Janet Has Extended Her Tour in North America

Reyna ♔

Janet Jackson’s number one hit “Alright” from the album Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 has been chosen as the song dedicated to the city of Cincinnati. Janet’s NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal tour, is her largest-ever world tour. Janet will dedicate a selected number one song to each of her fan-suggested stops. The show will be taking place in Cincinnati, OH on August 11th at the PNC Pavilion.

The tour, in which the superstar set out to perform a selection of songs from her impressive 35 number one hits, has recorded SRO engagements throughout Asia, North America and Europe and due to such enthusiasm from fans and critics the NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal Tour has been extended to expand past the original 35 cities.

Of her upcoming engagement in Cincinnati the Icon has said, *“Alright Cincinnati, I’m on my way. Looking forward to seeing all of you!” *

In addition to her rigorous tour schedule, Janet has headed record-setting fundraising events for HIV/AIDS research and treatment, including hosting recent balls in Cannes and Vienna, which topped all prior fundraising amounts of those events. Prior to her upcoming tour appearance in Canada, Janet entertained in France for a giant fund-raiser where she became the first female artist ever to perform at the Louvre in the extraordinary IM Pei glass pyramid, raising funds for that most famous of museums.

The Icon’s current tour differs from her previous concert schedules of years past in that she will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD NUMBER ONES. There is also a focus on venues that will allow Janet to be “up close and personal,” in a much more intimate settings. In each selected city, Janet will offer something different to her performance so no show will be the same. This tour is Janet Jackson more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before.

Janet will also be selecting the first fan winner of the contest in voting for the each of the selected cities. The winner will be announced on www.JanetJackson.com and they will receive an autographed copy of NUMBER ONES and an autographed copy of her upcoming book "True You" (in stores now).

Her New York Times bestseller True You chronicles Janet's lifelong struggles with weight and self-esteem. The book is a self-help/esteem book where Janet uses anecdotes from her real life to illustrate the power of self-esteem and how she struggles and her continued growth as an artist and a woman.

Source: http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/alright-ohio-janet-has-extended-her-tour-in-north-america

Of her upcoming engagement in Cincinnati the Icon has said, *“Alright Cincinnati, I’m on my way. Looking forward to seeing all of you!”

SEE YOU WHEN YOU GET HERE MY DARLING!!!

alright3.gif

You and me were meant to be, and that's alright with me. I love you with all my heart Janet. You know that. :tear: :tear: :tear: :tear: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: