Janet Jackson Survivor: Damita Jo Edition

dimpy

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF @ Thinkin' Bout My Ex being the worst song on this album....you gotta be fuckin with me :unsure::mellow:

Oh, and my vote is JALW.

IDK why everyone hates Truly. I mean, it's not a great song, but her voice is so dreamy on it, IDK how you can hate it. Same with STWY. Why? <_<

Just a Little While, definately.

Thats ma vote too, not to say I dont like the song, but the song didnt fit the album AT ALLLLLL, it sounds like it would've fit PERFECTLY on All For You, but Damita Jo was too laid back/urban for THAT type of pop/rock song, it didnt fit at all.

If asked in 06 I probably would've said either Thinkin Bout My Ex or Like You Dont Love Me, I was never a fan of either 1 of those songs, until literally last year, and I realized that they very much fit the mood and style of the album. I never thought (since my 1st listen on its release date) that Just A little while fit on that album tho, and when I heard the alternate.......I was like what the fuck? Love me for a little while fit Damita Jo PERFECTLY, same with Put your hands on. I think both of those should've been on the album before JALW. Hell even in the album interview, judging by her tone and what she had to say about the song, it didnt sound like JALW was a song Janet was excited about being on the album or being a single (the lead 1 at that), like she didnt seem to care much about the song, thats just what I got from that, idk.

And I definately agree that it was a strong album all in all, that is VERY underrated to this day and deserved better than it got, because if it werent for the banning I think it could've been 1 of the bigger albums of 2004, because it fit the sound that was hott at the time, the same way All For You did in 2001. But it is what it is, still good music regardless :coffee:

Just a Little While, definately.

Thats ma vote too, not to say I dont like the song, but the song didnt fit the album AT ALLLLLL, it sounds like it would've fit PERFECTLY on All For You, but Damita Jo was too laid back/urban for THAT type of pop/rock song, it didnt fit at all.

If asked in 06 I probably would've said either Thinkin Bout My Ex or Like You Dont Love Me, I was never a fan of either 1 of those songs, until literally last year, and I realized that they very much fit the mood and style of the album. I never thought (since my 1st listen on its release date) that Just A little while fit on that album tho, and when I heard the alternate.......I was like what the fuck? Love me for a little while fit Damita Jo PERFECTLY, same with Put your hands on. I think both of those should've been on the album before JALW. Hell even in the album interview, judging by her tone and what she had to say about the song, it didnt sound like JALW was a song Janet was excited about being on the album or being a single (the lead 1 at that), like she didnt seem to care much about the song, thats just what I got from that, idk.

And I definately agree that it was a strong album all in all, that is VERY underrated to this day and deserved better than it got, because if it werent for the banning I think it could've been 1 of the bigger albums of 2004, because it fit the sound that was hott at the time, the same way All For You did in 2001. But it is what it is, still good music regardless :coffee:

Ch... it only required an answer. Not an answer + a passage from a novel.

:umm:

Elimination Round:

Sexhibition - 1

Truly - 5

Thinkin' Bout My Ex - 3

Just A Little While - 4

Moist - 5

Strawberry Bounce - 1

HOW yall always manage a damn tie I will never know >_<

Tie breaker will be counted in about half an hour.

Tie Breaker:

Truly

Moist

---

Moist

Archived