The Australian Tour Thread

cnd

I'm not sure if anyone has realized, but notice how these Aussie critics are referring to Janet as a "pop icon", "music royalty", etc? This just proves that Janet's impact and influence is global, not local, like people try to make it seem.

It's wonderful. :D The Australian media can be quite critical when it comes to artists, so this speaks volumes about Janet's reputation.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Janet Jackson wows Adelaide crowd

018532-janet-jackson.jpg

018140-janet-jackson.jpg

018143-janet-jackson.jpg

JANET Jackson had Adelaide fans mesmerised and screaming at the Adelaide Festival Centre.

MORE than 20 years after her album Rhythm Nation 1814 hit number one across the globe, Pop superstar Janet Jackson had Adelaide fans mesmerized and screaming at the Adelaide Festival Centre tonight.

She was performing tracks from her album Number Ones, in a gig billed as being up close and personal.

She focussed on the music that made her a household name with hits such as All For You and What Have You Done For Me Lately.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/janet-jackson-wows-adelaide-crowd/story-e6fredpu-1226174019395

Every picture she takes is flawless :mellow: Have all the shows sold out? Based on these reviews, I'd believe they have :lol:

The first two Sydney shows are sold out (and under 100 tickets remain for the third and final show). I haven't checked in a while but the Melbourne shows should be close to sold out by now.

MOLLY Meldrum says he is gun-shy after the furore over his Beyonce "is she or isn't she pregnant" interview.

"I'm wondering what's happening to my interviews," the music guru said.

"Kylie (Minogue), she broke down and cried and that went viral, then Susan Boyle, she opened up completely, so I'm starting to feel like I'm a rather weird Barbara Walters.

"I am really hesitant to go overseas and interview anyone because I spent the whole week trying to be some sort of authority on whether Beyonce was pregnant or not. Of all people trying to confirm a pregnancy, that's ridiculous."

Meldrum was scheduled to interview Janet Jackson but the singer yesterday flew back to the US. Tonight he is hosting a Q&A with the cast of Rock of Ages.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/theres-something-about-molly/story-e6frf96x-1226175601286

I was listening to the radio earlier and they were talking about Halloween costumes for tonight and I was thinking, "that was last night"... and then I checked the date on my phone. >_<:lol:

:lol:

I had no idea it was today until I saw a little girl in the morning dressed as a witch. I thought for a second, "why is she dressed like that"? :umm::lmao:

:lol:

I had no idea it was today until I saw a little girl in the morning dressed as a witch. I thought for a second, "why is she dressed like that"? :umm::lmao:

:lmao: I haven't see anyone dressed up yet.

This isn't the first time I've got dates mixed up. In third grade I showed up to a girl's birthday party a whole weekend early. :umm: Talk about embarrassing! >_<:asham:

:lmao: I haven't see anyone dressed up yet.

This isn't the first time I've got dates mixed up. In third grade I showed up to a girl's birthday party a whole weekend early. :umm: Talk about embarrassing! >_<:asham:

Oh my. :lmao: She must've given you quite a look. :lmao:

Janet Jackson is back in action in Australia for her tour

POP diva Janet Jackson will return to Oz today to resume the tour she had to postpone due to the escalation of the US trial over brother Michael's death.

The Get Together hit maker pulled out of three Melbourne shows last week to be by her family's side at the dramatic LA trial of Conrad Murray, who is facing charges of involuntary manslaughter over the drug-related death of the star.

Confidential has learned Jackson will fly into the Gold Coast this morning to prepare for her show tomorrow night although she too has been affected by the stoppage of all Qantas flights worldwide and is returning on a Virgin Blue flight.

Music industry insiders were worried she would not see out her concert commitments as the trial of Dr Murray nears its controversial conclusion.

While the prosecution used strong witnesses to try to prove Murray's liability in administering a fatal dose of the sedative propofol, testimony yesterday alleged Jackson was responsible for his own death

Janet, who rescheduled her three Melbourne shows into one arena concert on Thursday night, will appear at the Opera House on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday nights.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/janet-jackson-is-back-in-action-in-australia-for-her-tour/story-e6frewyr-1226181903801

:clapping::yahoo: :yahoo: :cheer:

Archived