THE DEMS LOST THE HOUSE BUT KEPT THE SENATE...

Shawn1814

Yeah, you have to register for the absentee ballot several weeks in advance. Idk why it takes so long - some people don't even get theirs in time to vote. I just always made sure to register for mine extra-early when I was in college. ( Though, tbh, I live in Florida and generally have no confidence whatsoever that my vote is ever counted, but still).

And that's right, betta watch yo back. :yep:

Your shade never fails to deliver. -_-

:rolleyes::lol: I'll always vote in the presidential elections and senators. But the House is for the lesser girls anyway. -_-

Your shade never fails to deliver. -_-

:rolleyes::lol: I'll always vote in the presidential elections and senators. But the House is for the lesser girls anyway. -_-

The House is important too. And it's not like that was the only thing on the ballot. I've got a fucking Tea Party governor now and I'M BLAMING YOU!

I just saw Obama's lame assed speech. He needs to grow some goddamned balls! There is no room for being a pussy. He might as well bend over and let the republican party fuck him hard up his ass. He needs to get aggressive and stop with the empty promises. He seems to be siding with the party that's not willing to bend nor compromise their beliefs. they have fought with smears, lies, racism, homophobia, stupidity, death threats and corruption. and we are just as corrupt if we sellout to these idiots. AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! I'm so pissed at the fuck faces that didn't vote.

I just saw Obama's lame assed speech. He needs to grow some goddamned balls! There is no room for being a pussy. He might as well bend over and let the republican party fuck him hard up his ass. He needs to get aggressive and stop with the empty promises. He seems to be siding with the party that's not willing to bend nor compromise their beliefs. they have fought with smears, lies, racism, homophobia, stupidity, death threats and corruption. and we are just as corrupt if we sellout to these idiots. AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! I'm so pissed at the fuck faces that didn't vote.

I agree - Obama needs to be a lot tougher. His communication skills in particular really suck. My only hope is that having a Republican Congress to go up against might actually give him something to get fired up about, 'cause he seriously needs a fire lit under his ass so he can get out there and kick some butt.

I agree - Obama needs to be a lot tougher. His communication skills in particular really suck. My only hope is that having a Republican Congress to go up against might actually give him something to get fired up about, 'cause he seriously needs a fire lit under his ass so he can get out there and kick some butt.

Yeah, But from what I saw in his speech. He seems to be very scared. It's simply time to ACT and stop talking about how long it's gonna take. He needs to explain what he's doing to put forth everything he promised. Hopefully he dosen't compromise his or his supporters, beliefs, rights, and morals to work WITH the republican party. They are extremely one sided and are fighting with blood. It's time to take charge and show them who's boss now. Enough is enough!

Yeah, But from what I saw in his speech. He seems to be very scared. It's simply time to ACT and stop talking about how long it's gonna take. He needs to explain what he's doing to put forth everything he promised. Hopefully he dosen't compromise his or his supporters, beliefs, rights, and morals to work WITH the republican party. They are extremely one sided and are fighting with blood. It's time to take charge and show them who's boss now. Enough is enough!

I think he's in dire need of a PR makeover. I mean, where's that fire and ability to express himself that we saw when he was campaigning? Now he's just sleep inducing. Very few people know of anything he's accomplished or what his aims are because he doesn't convey them well - he just gives long-winded answers and explanations to things that most people are going to tune out. He's obviously a smart guy, he just seems to be kind of . . . wandering. I hope he can get his shit together. I mean, Clinton did it - the Democrats lost big in the '94 midterms, but Clinton came back and won in '96. But, that was during a growing economy and Clinton was a better communicator. If Obama doesn't shape up, this country's about to be overrun by the Tea Party.

Hey jodi whats good? I felt really sad seeing him act that way... The people who voted in 2008 just didn't come out like that... black people really need to get their shit in order... and I see the republicans trying to court the hispanics again... I just hope that they don't fall for it... Younger people just didn't get how important this was... Obama needs to understand that as a black man he will always be viewed differently... My problem with obama is he wants to be everyone friends...... fuck that... energize your base and keep it moving... thats what the republicans did... most of them are racist fucks who only care about tax breaks and keeping the lower class down.

I, myself am just tired of him trying to play fair. The republicans don't play fair. They complain about all these "secret" meetings and things getting shoved down their throats but when time comes, when they're asked to give any input, they don't want to work with him. When he tries to work with them (like many say they wish he would do, ha!) they become unabashed obstructionists. Then when we get this watered down legislation with the compromises they wanted, they still vote no. They are playing him for a fool.

I don't think its fair to lay blame on him for everything that doesn't get done around here though. The dems are too blame as well. They don't champion their successes. Most people don't like the passed healthcare legislation because it doesn't do enough. Theres no single payer, no government option... but whats passed is wayyy better than the status quo. Medical Insurance, the industry, is a scam and we would be better off without it. The midterm elections come up, they see a few misleading polls, and all abandon!

Mostly, I blame republicans. Somehow they convince people to vote against their own interests. They shout out short catch phrases like "Cut taxes", "smaller government", "fiscal responsibility", and appeal to those who have not a clue what the repugs were doing the past 8 years when they were in power. Cut taxes, cut spending? fucking where are they going to cut it from? This is the generation of short attention spans. The tax cuts bush proposed didn't create new jobs, and continuing them wouldn't either. businesses hire when they have products and services which are in demand. They want customers, not tax cuts.

i've got to go to the doctor, end rant prematurely :devil:

People weren't voting FOR the republicans, they were voting against the Dems. People are unsatisfied and rightfully so. They had the majority and didn't get shit done. :rolleyes:

They did plenty, but not enough. Of course, how much can one do in the face of the largest financial crisis since the Great Depression? People are understandably frustrated, but to a degree, only so much can be done in such a short amount of time to confront such a huge crisis. Not that the Dems haven't bungled a few things (namely - communicating a message), but the things people are most upset about are largely insurmountable in the short term.

They did plenty, but not enough. Of course, how much can one do in the face of the largest financial crisis since the Great Depression? People are understandably frustrated, but to a degree, only so much can be done in such a short amount of time to confront such a huge crisis. Not that the Dems haven't bungled a few things (namely - communicating a message), but the things people are most upset about are largely insurmountable in the short term.

Well I think that's been Obama's problems recently. He's not saying how we're getting there or giving any kind of encouragement at all except for it's gonna take a really long time and not to hand the keys back to the people who blah blah blah. I hate the republicans but you also can't blame the economic downfall on 1 party. Clinton is responsible for the housing bubble bursting.