**The OFFICIAL Real Housewives Of Atlanta THREAD**

janetDAYZ

Phaedra Parks' Husband Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty in Bank Fraud Scheme

Celebrity News May. 6, 2014 AT 8:30PM By Allison Takeda

1399416189_135404358_phaedra-parks-apollo-nida-bank-467.jpg Phaedra Parks' husband, Apollo Nida, pleaded guilty to involvement in a $2.3 million fraud scheme Credit: Ben Rose/WireImage

Bad news for Real Housewives of Atlanta's Phaedra Parks. The reality star's husband, Apollo Nida, has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail, wire, and bank fraud, the Associated Press reported Tuesday, May 6.

PHOTOS: Stars at court

According to the AP, Department of Justice officials announced in a news release that Nida, 35, admitted to his involvement in a scheme worth some $2.3 million.

PHOTOS: Housewives husbands hall of fame

Federal prosecutors allege that, beginning in 2009, Nida and his co-conspirators stole and obtained checks, filed fraudulent tax returns, and made fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in at least 11 states. They are also charged with taking out phony auto loans.

PHOTOS: Biggest Housewives fights ever

The group reportedly laundered the money by stealing people's identities and opening bank accounts in their names. One of the co-conspirators, Gayla St. Julien, was arrested in September 2013, and identified Nida in connection with the crimes.

PHOTOS: Before they were Real Housewives

Nida was questioned by U.S. Marshals back in January. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, he could face up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $1 million (on top of restitution). A sentencing hearing has been set for July

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/phaedra-parks-husband-apollo-nida-pleads-guilty-in-fraud-scheme-201465#ixzz310PveaPT

Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Keeps it real? Joe what program are you watching? Yeah, she keep it real about Everyone else but HERSELF. When ppl call her out on her bullshit, she can't take..and she runs from the truth. She has turned into the mist hated cast member becuz ppl see how nasty and hypocritical she is. She's cocky, she think she's better than everybody. She has really turned everyone off this season cuz her true colors have shown but I seen how she was ages ago...but the rest of the world is sadly juss now catching up. I will never support or give props to a bitch who runs from her own flaws but points out everyone else. Miss me wit the delusional bullshit. You have not accomplished that much... Kandi's money is longer and she is more successful. And Nene has on the delusional visors. Somebody pray for that self centered bitch.

Nene didn't lie not one time about Cynthia or Kenya. Not a one time :coffee:

Phaedra Parks' Husband Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty in Bank Fraud Scheme Phaedra Parks' husband, Apollo Nida, pleaded guilty to involvement in a $2.3 million fraud scheme Credit: Ben Rose/WireImage

Bad news for Real Housewives of Atlanta's Phaedra Parks. The reality star's husband, Apollo Nida, has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail, wire, and bank fraud, the Associated Press reported Tuesday, May 6.

PHOTOS: Stars at court

According to the AP, Department of Justice officials announced in a news release that Nida, 35, admitted to his involvement in a scheme worth some $2.3 million.

PHOTOS: Housewives husbands hall of fame

Federal prosecutors allege that, beginning in 2009, Nida and his co-conspirators stole and obtained checks, filed fraudulent tax returns, and made fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in at least 11 states. They are also charged with taking out phony auto loans.

PHOTOS: Biggest Housewives fights ever

The group reportedly laundered the money by stealing people's identities and opening bank accounts in their names. One of the co-conspirators, Gayla St. Julien, was arrested in September 2013, and identified Nida in connection with the crimes.

PHOTOS: Before they were Real Housewives

Nida was questioned by U.S. Marshals back in January. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, he could face up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $1 million (on top of restitution). A sentencing hearing has been set for July

I feel so sorry for Phaedra and the kids. IDK why they thought they wouldn't get caught stealing people's identities and opening up bank accounts and getting loans. Everyone gets called by some 1-800 number when they owe money lol. I'm sure plenty of people were like "I owe what?"

My take on the season/reunion show:

NeNe-- I have a love/hate relationship..she's cool, but very hypocritical. She's messy, but she's still entertaining. The only thing she got right this season was the whole charity thing..Kenya could have called NeNe personally if it was in her honor..who the fuck sends an email when you could have picked up the phone..especially for a charity event. And I didn't like her attitude at the reunion show..she definitely has let "celebrity" go to her head.

Kandi--I enjoyed her over the last few seasons..I wish she would just speak up to her mom..I know it's tricky because it's your mom and all, but girl. :umm: The blatant disrespect for your fiance and friends..I liked how Kandi started to stand up for herself more..she handled herself accordingly against NeNe at the reunion. But everytime she talks, it seems like she wants to cry..you can tell she's a very emotional person..but she spoke up and had valid points about NeNe and her behavior.

Phaedra--I loved her last season, but this season she just didn't do much..she redeemed herself when she READ Kenya down on the reunion show. :asham: Kenya was SPEECHLESS.

Cynthia--I don't have any use for her tbh..if she were not to return to the show, I wouldn't care. :coffee: She tries to remain neutral, which is cool..but doesn't speak up for herself like she should.

Kenya--She did bring the drama. She was entertaining..But her messy methods were as transparent as cellaphane. Kenya is insufferable. I realized it at the reunion show. She's egomaniacal..just like NeNe used to be(and kinda still is)..she's trying to become some "Queen" when she's a peasant at best.

Porsha--She tried. :coffee:

Patricia--Girl, stay out of women business.

ideA5GifYxYjm_zps7c204f57.gif

• Upvote 1

I feel so sorry for Phaedra and the kids. IDK why they thought they wouldn't get caught stealing people's identities and opening up bank accounts and getting loans. Everyone gets called by some 1-800 number when they owe money lol. I'm sure plenty of people were like "I owe what?"

I don't feel sorry for her at all. She knowingly married an ex con which any lawyer worth a damn will tell you is a big no no. Her read of Kenya was cute but it was also hypocritical because she ran to the prison yard to get her babies daddy so she can't talk. Plus her marriage is rocky at best, so she shouldn't be throwing it in anybody's face. Make sure you flush your own toilet before you speak on somebody elses shit. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

I don't feel sorry for her at all. She knowingly married an ex con which any lawyer worth a damn will tell you is a big no no. Her read of Kenya was cute but it was also hypocritical because she ran to the prison yard to get her babies daddy so she can't talk. Plus her marriage is rocky at best, so she shouldn't be throwing it in anybody's face. Make sure you flush your own toilet before you speak on somebody elses shit. :coffee:

I'm not here for you coming for Phaedra over Kenya. I'm just not here for it :umm:

I'm not here for you coming for Phaedra over Kenya. I'm just not here for it :umm:

Right! Kenya is the one that started with Phaedra FIRST by direspecting their early "friendship" by flirting with Apollo since day numero Uno...soooo Phaedra has every single right on earth to come for Kenya...Period. So to say that Phaedra needs to examine her own backyard really doesn't matter since Kenya's action is the PRIMARY reason they fell out to begin with.

Right! Kenya is the one that started with Phaedra FIRST by direspecting their early "friendship" by flirting with Apollo since day numero Uno...soooo Phaedra has every single right on earth to come for Kenya...Period. So to say that Phaedra needs to examine her own backyard really doesn't matter since Kenya's action is the PRIMARY reason they fell out to begin with.

I never said Kenya was right for her behavior. She was, is and always will be a mess! However, Phakedra is a mess as well and likes to pretend that she is better than when in reality her life is falling apart. She could have come for Kenya about a lot of things, but to come for her for about artificial insemination when she got pregnanat by a damn ex con and was lying about her pregnancy date to save face.....GURL BYE! :sigh:

Like i said, she's a hypocrite

• Upvote 2

Phaedra's premeditated read was cute. Kenya looked unbothered though, so Im not sure it cut as deep as Phaedra would have liked.

Yeah, that was definately written beforehand. >_<:asham:

I'm not mad at her though, because if I was dealing with the shady bitches on that show i would come with some scripted shade as well. :yep::coffee:

• Upvote 1

I never said Kenya was right for her behavior. She was, is and always will be a mess! However, Phakedra is a mess as well and likes to pretend that she is better than when in reality her life is falling apart. She could have come for Kenya about a lot of things, but to come for her for about artificial insemination when she got pregnanat by a damn ex con and was lying about her pregnancy date to save face.....GURL BYE! :sigh:

Like i said, she's a hypocrite

giphy_zps98555787.gif

Bloop.

:lol: and you know what? I was watching a rerun on last season when Kenya and Porsha got into it by the poolside in Anguilla a few hrs later after Peter and Cynthia renewed their vows and back then Kenya was the one being all bold and getting in Porsha's face and calling her a bitch and everything else. Now this season she wanna play victim.

http://www.wetpaint.com/real-housewives-of-atlanta/video/kenya-moore-and-porsha-stewart-fight-in-anguilla-video?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=vrl

• 2 months later...

Update: With Apollo going to jail for 8 years and Phaedra being ordered to sit down for deposition in the Angela Stanton (Apollo's partner in crime) lawsuit, Phaedra will be taking a leave of absence from season 7.

I feel like Phaedra might have had something to do with Apollo's crime in the past.

Update: With Apollo going to jail for 8 years and Phaedra being ordered to sit down for deposition in the lawsuit Angela Stanton (Apollo's partner in crime) filed against her, Phaedra will be taking a leave of absence from season 7.

I feel like Phaedra might have had something to do with Apollo's crime in the past.

Wow I wonder who they're gonna replace her with. Both Kenya and Porsha are back. Apollo ain't that smart so yeah I think Phaedra may of helped him in some of his criminal past.

More tea from the blogs...  :coffee:

After Angela Stanton finished her sentence, she wrote a book "Lies Of A Housewife" where she gives details about the crimes she committed with Apollo and claims Phaedra had a huge part in illegal activity. Phaedra sued Angela and VIBE Magazine (publishers for the magazine), but Phaedra hasn't shown up to any depositions. Angela filed a countersuit and Phaedra MUST show up for deposition. 

Here's a video of Angela explaining her side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wuN3RRoJU

Cynthia Bailey just had a party last week at Bar One celebrating her Ebony Magazine spread. Kandi, Todd, Peter, Kenya, and Apollo were in attendance. According to some blogs, Phaedra came for a little bit, but doesn't want to be filmed with Apollo anymore and they might be getting divorced. Apollo apparently came clean and admitted that he did indeed text Kenya first. 

Speaking of not wanting to be filmed with others....Nene won't film with Cynthia and Kenya. Kenya won't film with Porsha. There's going to be a lot of division.

• Upvote 1

Wow I wonder who they're gonna replace her with. Both Kenya and Porsha are back. Apollo ain't that smart so yeah I think Phaedra may of helped him in some of his criminal past.

He was smart enough to pull the white collar crime the first time he went to prison without Phaedra. It's not always about being "smart" to pull schemes...its about knowing the system. Every criminal isn't book smart.

But if Phaedra had even just a smidge to do with any of this and/or knowing..she is the not so smart one. She has way more to lose than Apollo..not to mention her own credibility as a attorney

• Upvote 1

More tea from the blogs...  :coffee:

After Angela Stanton finished her sentence, she wrote a book "Lies Of A Housewife" where she gives details about the crimes she committed with Apollo and claims Phaedra had a huge part in illegal activity. Phaedra sued Angela and VIBE Magazine (publishers for the magazine), but Phaedra hasn't shown up to any depositions. Angela filed a countersuit and Phaedra MUST show up for deposition. 

Here's a video of Angela explaining her side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wuN3RRoJU

Cynthia Bailey just had a party last week at Bar One celebrating her Ebony Magazine spread. Kandi, Todd, Peter, Kenya, and Apollo were in attendance. According to some blogs, Phaedra came for a little bit, but doesn't want to be filmed with Apollo anymore and they might be getting divorced. Apollo apparently came clean and admitted that he did indeed text Kenya first. 

Speaking of not wanting to be filmed with others....Nene won't film with Cynthia and Kenya. Kenya won't film with Porsha. There's going to be a lot of division.

Kenya just don't want her ass getting whooped. I'm on Nene's side with not filming with Cynthia. How you gonna be cool one minute and then change your mind weeks or months later and be shady?

He was smart enough to pull the white criminal crime the first time he went to prison without Phaedra. It's not always about being "smart" to pull schemes...its about knowing the system. Every criminal isn't book smart.

But if Phaedra had even just a smidge to do with any of this and/or knowing..she is the not so smart one. She has way more to lose than Apollo..not to mention

true it is about knowing the system but I doubt he knew how to do the check fraud thing and bank account stuff without her