Official "Marvel and X-Men" Thread: Marvel finally confirms Queen and Goddess Storm as an Omega Level mutant!!!

JoeJoe

In other news Season 1 of Legion on FX about Professor X's wackjob son is at the halfway point.  I haven't bothered to watch it but its gotten goodish metacritic reviews

Image result for legion TV gif

Image result for legion TV gif

I might download a couple episodes and watch

I was thinking about this show to when I first heard about it but shit I forgot about it til you posted this. I think FX is a mostly forgotten network. I think it would do better on a more known network like TBS, CW, Fox, USA, or at least AMC.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about this show to when I first heard about it but shit I forgot about it til you posted this. I think FX is a mostly forgotten network. I think it would do better on a more known network like TBS, CW, Fox, USA, or at least AMC.

I have actually watched the first 5 episodes it is decent in my opinion.  I mean its better than Arrow and Supergirl and even Flash this season imo.  But, there is no recognizable mutant from the comics in it other than him. There are lots of mutants around though and if Fox was smart they would throw in some cool cameos.  They hint at his father but don't say Professor X so far.

Its a trippy little show with everyone trying to figure out is he nuts, is he just super powerful, what can he do?  A shadow mutant hating organization with nefarious purposes.  Is the villain one of his personalities, maybe.  I think they should go with Shadow king though that would be cool.

Whatever its renewed for Season 2 now.

I have actually watched the first 5 episodes it is decent in my opinion.  I mean its better than Arrow and Supergirl and even Flash this season imo.  But, there is no recognizable mutant from the comics in it other than him. There are lots of mutants around though and if Fox was smart they would throw in some cool cameos.  They hint at his father but don't say Professor X so far.

Its a trippy little show with everyone trying to figure out is he nuts, is he just super powerful, what can he do?  A shadow mutant hating organization with nefarious purposes.  Is the villain one of his personalities, maybe.  I think they should go with Shadow king though that would be cool.

Whatever its renewed for Season 2 now.

Are you sure it's really better than Arrow? Arrow is my shit lol. I think anything can be better than Supergirl. Did you see Logan? It was a really good movie and trust me normally i'd be sick of Wolverine cause they throw him down our throats so much but this one was really good. It showed Xavier's powers in a more awesome way than ever. Hell his brain was declared a Mass weapon of destruction in the movie.

Are you sure it's really better than Arrow? Arrow is my shit lol. I think anything can be better than Supergirl. Did you see Logan? It was a really good movie and trust me normally i'd be sick of Wolverine cause they throw him down our throats so much but this one was really good. It showed Xavier's powers in a more awesome way than ever. Hell his brain was declared a Mass weapon of destruction in the movie.

I will admit when the show was announced I thought "wtf really Legion?". But, Seeing where they are going with this and what they wanted to do here I am impressed. This isn't a show for everyone though. If you were excited about a "mutant" show and thought ok cameos and fights etc. then you could be put off.

But, what they have done here with the trippy mental aspect, and the split personality astral plane mindscapes is quite interesting. I love having to think is this a personality, or shadow king or what? Aubrey Plaza is playing the villain, evil personality, shadow king manifestation whatever she is excellently. She's controlling, menacing, a combo of seductive sexy but not overly. Very interesting portrayal. At this point I would be disappointed it the "parasite" was not shadow king at this point. Its too good a setup now to finally get him onscreen for the first time.

Arrow got tired when they kept shipping Oliver and Felicity so hard and the 52nd Black canary until they FINALLY got to Dinah the real Black Canary.

tumblr_omxzzoAvA21sap6q6o1_500.gif

tumblr_olurswx76Q1rrkahjo1_400.gif

Edited by kidfresh832

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Marvel is excited to announce the official return of adult Jean Grey in PHOENIX RESURRECTION, with a story by newly exclusive writer Matthew Rosenberg (Secret Warriors, Punisher) and art by superstar artist Leinil Yu (Secret Empire). As a true celebration of the character’s power and iconic status, the five-issue epic will also include five blockbuster artists taking on Jean Grey throughout the run, as well as Phoenix Variant covers that will begin in December.

“Matt came to us with a really interesting and unique approach to bringing Jean back,” said senior editor Mark Paniccia. “It’s not what we expected, and plays to Matt’s biggest strengths as a storyteller. This is very cool mystery building to a mind-warping climax. And it has plenty of what you’d expect from an X-MEN epic of this magnitude. Action, romance, sacrifice, lots of X-Men and five great artists.”

Strange events are no surprise to the X-Men, but when events start occurring that are more specific and strange than usual, the group is forced to confront the truth: could Jean be alive after all? And how will this Jean Grey deal with a world that is now so different from the one she left years ago?
“This is just the beginning,” teased Paniccia. “Something this big will leave quite a footprint on the Marvel Universe. Jean will have a startling new role after this, and you’re left wondering, how will the rest of the X-Men respond? What will happen to young Jean Grey?”

Fulfilling the promise of an exciting return in MARVEL LEGACY, don’t miss Jean Grey’s newest adventure – PHOENIX RESURRECTION hits comic shops December 27th! And be sure to head to your local comic shop to pick up December’s True Believers Phoenix comics!

Image result for phoenix resurrection

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Illyana better not suck in this.  That's my ho

Image result for illyana

I know she better not. I know in the comics when it was X-Men vs Inhumans she took Storm and a few other x-men to her demon dimension for safety. Speaking of Storm she's getting another solo series even tho the last one didn't do well enough to make it to 12 issues. Hopefully since this new series seems to be getting better promotion and has a different writer and person who's drawing it'll do better. The last series has horrible drawing. Storm looked like a strong faced butch lesbian, Lord no. 

http://www.cbr.com/confirmed-ta-nehisi-coates-storm-comic/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Astonishing X-Men Xavier Fantomex

Biiitch.  Xavier came back as a hot youngster with hair after revealing his essence was trapped in the Astral Plane fighting the Shadow king since Red Skull scooped out his brain and was using his powers.

STL071682-600x927.jpg

Maybe he and Rogue can date now she likes an "old soul" (and old dick from magneto)

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 2

Astonishing X-Men Xavier Fantomex

Biiitch.  Xavier came back as a hot youngster with hair after revealing his essence was trapped in the Astral Plane fighting the Shadow king since Red Skull scooped out his brain and was using his powers.

STL071682-600x927.jpg

Maybe he and Rogue can date now she likes an "old soul" (and old dick from magneto)

:lmao:

RogueSUS Christ looking for a SUGAH DAHHDY! :cheer: