Perhaps,this is why he's NOT iconic as he assumes he is or wish he were.

janetDAYZ

Y'know... I was just reading a recent interview that Usher gave in a magazine and he was saying how most legendary/iconic artists have a full range in terms of the arc of their story. That there are many chapters to their story. Which made me think about iconic artists (ie Michael,Madonna,Janet,etc) that TRULY do/did have a story. You feel a sense of them entangled in their creation/material and throughout their catalog. Which brings me to say even tho Usher has had a decent body of work I still dont feel as tho "I KNOW HIM". He sings with passion,yes but there's something thats not quite connecting him or he doesnt seem embedded in his own material. Its as if he's playing the part instead of BEING the part. I dont know if it's because he's not much of a HEAVY writer or what. CONFESSIONS was probably his closest effort but it still wasn't quite a VELVET ROPE (in regards to an album being a complete reflection of who you are THE PERSON -NOT the artist)

What are your thoughts on why he's still not at where he's tryna be (iconic level)?

His Confessions album let you know him...and so does his last album (which I like more than Confessions...yes I said it -_- ). Although I'm not an Usher fan and I really don't follow his music, so I really can't talk -_-

Yeah I just edit my post and added in Confessions before I seen ur post but its still not quite convincing as every other icons story (imo). I always felt like he was selling us a story...he's missing something,clearly. Has he ever made an inspirational song?

Yeah I just edit my post and added in Confessions before I seen ur post but its still not quite convincing as every other icons story (imo). I always felt like he was selling us a story...he's missing something,clearly. Has he ever made an inspirational song?

"Yeah" :unsure::lol: But seriously, I don't think so.

I think Usher is iconic (to some degree) to THIS generation...I do not think he is a musical icon, nor do I beleive he will ever be legendary. If there's one thing the 80's and before gave us, it's artists with musical catalogs. Not hot songs, but catalogs of iconic music. I don't beleive anyone from this generation has done so or even come close to doing so.

I think Usher is iconic (to some degree) to THIS generation...I do not think he is a musical icon, nor do I beleive he will ever be legendary. If there's one thing the 80's and before gave us, it's artists with musical catalogs. Not hot songs, but catalogs of iconic music. I don't beleive anyone from this generation has done so or even come close to doing so.

Strong musical catalogs..the kids these days don't have that!! :excited:

His Confessions album let you know him...and so does his last album (which I like more than Confessions...yes I said it -_- ). Although I'm not an Usher fan and I really don't follow his music, so I really can't talk -_-

That damn album wasn't about him, he didn't Confess shit.. <_<