Looks like Janet won't be working with Tyler for a while.

JoeJoe

He sent out a massive email today on facebook

For Colored Girls

Nov 4th, 2010

First off, I want to say thanks to all of you who sent me thousands of encouraging emails and notes after THE OPRAH SHOW aired a few weeks ago. You will never know how much it meant to me to have that kind of support from all of you. Just know, I thank you and appreciate you so much.

Starting today, I’m going away for a while for some long needed and overdue rest. I have realized in these 41 years that if I don’t stop and take care of myself no one else will, so I’m doing just that. Thinking of myself first has never come easy, but it’s about time that I do for a while. Just know that I’m fine. I just need some revival time.

Before I go, I just wanted to send this email reminding you that FOR COLORED GIRLS opens tomorrow, Friday, November 5th. I sure hope you intend to get out and see it this weekend. It is a fascinating film that I know you’re going to love. I think I’m going to try and sneak in a few theaters to hear some live reactions. And know for sure that I’ll be near my message board and Facebook page to see what you thought.

Also, Essence did a two-cover collector’s item for their December issue. Never before have this many women of color been in a film, and that alone is worth celebrating. I’m so proud of them! Wait until you see the work they put down...WOW! Thanks Essence. It’s so great when we celebrate our own. Also, the soundtrack is out and I must say I love it. I love good music.

And by the way, you don’t have to be a colored girl to enjoy this film. It is for everyone.

Talk soon.

Be blessed,

Tyler Perry

He sent out a massive email today on facebook

For Colored Girls

Nov 4th, 2010

First off, I want to say thanks to all of you who sent me thousands of encouraging emails and notes after THE OPRAH SHOW aired a few weeks ago. You will never know how much it meant to me to have that kind of support from all of you. Just know, I thank you and appreciate you so much.

Starting today, I’m going away for a while for some long needed and overdue rest. I have realized in these 41 years that if I don’t stop and take care of myself no one else will, so I’m doing just that. Thinking of myself first has never come easy, but it’s about time that I do for a while. Just know that I’m fine. I just need some revival time.

Before I go, I just wanted to send this email reminding you that FOR COLORED GIRLS opens tomorrow, Friday, November 5th. I sure hope you intend to get out and see it this weekend. It is a fascinating film that I know you’re going to love. I think I’m going to try and sneak in a few theaters to hear some live reactions. And know for sure that I’ll be near my message board and Facebook page to see what you thought.

Also, Essence did a two-cover collector’s item for their December issue. Never before have this many women of color been in a film, and that alone is worth celebrating. I’m so proud of them! Wait until you see the work they put down...WOW! Thanks Essence. It’s so great when we celebrate our own. Also, the soundtrack is out and I must say I love it. I love good music.

And by the way, you don’t have to be a colored girl to enjoy this film. It is for everyone.

Talk soon.

Be blessed,

Tyler Perry

lawd joe ur title for this thread was doing way to much :lol:

Y'all asses is crazy! :lol: Anyone else notice Janet is blowing up twitter, facebook, and myspace today?

My phone keeps going off every damn time "Janet" tweets. If it were anybody else, I'd be annoyed. :lol: (I'm loving all the stuff they're posting though, especially the cross-eyed video from ET).

Hey he giving her a job and a reason to be on our tv and big screen more so why hate? Unlike other people he really believes in Janet the actress and he is trying to raise her stock acting wise... not mad at that...

People have been believing in Janet. Don't forget that Lena HO Biopic Janet was supposed to do. Janet has been given many scripts over the years...its just she passes on them.

Hey he giving her a job and a reason to be on our tv and big screen more so why hate? Unlike other people he really believes in Janet the actress and he is trying to raise her stock acting wise... not mad at that...

Right, because Tyler Perry is the only director who is willing to take a chance with Janet and her acting ability. :rolleyes: