The Janet Jackson Praise Thread

Mr. Wonder

It still amazes me how few people have actually listened to Unbreakable.  I'll tweet a song randomly, and find new folks just discovering it.  

I don't think it's really that but then again Unbreakable made history but didn't sell well especially due to lack of promotion. I love the album, great quality, but it doesn't really have bops other than "Damn Baby", "Night", "Burn It Up" although I think the autotune is too saturated so I skip it a lot, and "2 B Loved"

I don't think it's really that but then again Unbreakable made history but didn't sell well especially due to lack of promotion. I love the album, great quality, but it doesn't really have bops other than "Damn Baby", "Night", "Burn It Up" although I think the autotune is too saturated so I skip it a lot, and "2 B Loved"

Autotune???

yeah or whatever they did to Janet's voice. It sounds like there's a synthesizer or autotune mixed in with her normal vocals. Whatever it is I don't like it.

On the songs you mentioned above? You thought the autotune was THAT noticeably? Obviously on Gonna Be Alright but I barely hear it anywhere else 

On the songs you mentioned above? You thought the autotune was THAT noticeably? Obviously on Gonna Be Alright but I barely hear it anywhere else 

I only hear it on Burn It Up and Damn Baby. Something weird going on with her voice that sounds digitized or something.

I've always said that Brandy had to take some cues from Janet with her harmonies.  I wouldn't mind a collab tbh.

Also, did these girls just discover what we've already known?  Even the Sirens can't compete with Janet's vocals/harmonies/melodies.

61OVJzE.gif

Exactly. I’m surprised so many people ride the Whitney comparisons and barely mention Janet in that sense

• Upvote 1

Brandy is to blame when it comes to people comparing her to Whitney. She has claimed that Whitney was her end all be all on several occasions but has praised Janet here and there. Truth be told, anybody with eyes and ears can hear and see Janet's influence on Brandy...right down to the secret marriage...

Chile :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...