• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

The Janet Jackson Praise Thread

773 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Boy George called the cover of Janet's OG album Control legendary!

Ha best album..so the praise was warranted.

Posted · Report post

Michael K. Williams Has a Story You Need to Read to Believe

The Emmy-nominated actor from The Night Ofon The WireStar Wars, and how Janet Jackson changed his life.

In that case, it makes sense that Williams’s artistic awakening came courtesy of Janet Jackson.

In 1989, while in his early 20s, Williams had seemingly righted his career path. He had gotten the drug addiction that derailed his teens under control, and had a stable job managing blueprints for Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. Then he saw the music video for Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation.”

“My spirit was stirred by the visual images that were shown . . . different people, some tall, some short, male, female, light-skinned, dark-skinned,” Williams told NPR last year. “It wasn’t just everybody was pretty with perfect teeth. You saw some jagged edges . . . and when they all came together, they moved like one.”

“The message of the song—about getting rid of color lines, not judging—I just identified with it across the board, and I was like, ‘I want to become a Janet Jackson background dancer,’” Williams has said. “‘I think she will understand me.’”

Williams quit his job managing someone else’s blueprints, and started drawing his own. He fired up his VHS player, recorded all of Jackson’s music videos, and watched them until he learned how to count steps. He calls himself “a hack,” but he mined a seven-year career dancing in music videos and on tours for Madonna,Missy Elliott, Crystal Waters, andGinuwine.

The informal education did have one early drawback: “A friend of mine challenged me to a Janet Jackson dance competition, and I made a complete ass out of myself because up until that moment I’d watch her, and I’d go the exact same way with her as the television,” he laughs. “When you’re dancing with her, you’ve got to go theopposite of the fucking TV.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/08/michael-k-williams-emmy-interview

Posted · Report post

One day.  We will find limits to her impact.  One day. -_-

Posted · Report post

One day.  We will find limits to her impact.  One day. -_-

Today isn't looking too great, and the future is looking gray. -_-

Posted · Report post

Today isn't looking too great, and the future is looking gray. -_-

So basically, it's hopeless to continue finding the limits? -_-

Posted · Report post

Lmao!  You guys are a mess!  I love what Michael said about Janet.  They should really meet. Janet was outcha really saving peoples lives. 

Posted · Report post

So basically, it's hopeless to continue finding the limits? -_-

You might as well look for whatever became of Cyndi Lauper's career. -_-

Posted · Report post

You might as well look for whatever became of Cyndi Lauper's career. -_-

-_-

Posted · Report post

Introducing Tom Aspaul:

”My favourite artist of all time has to be Janet Jackson. I was introduced to her by my next door neighbour growing up in Wednesfield – she used to play her songs in the back garden. I loved her vocal harmonies and melodies and the fact that she managed to carve her own career out of her brother’s shadow“
Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/2017/08/25/unsigned-wolverhampton-singer-tom-aspaul-writes-for-kylie/#AsXwWZAI7ykqigvu.99

Since ya'll can't seem to put things in the proper thread. :sigh: 

Posted · Report post

:sigh:

Another male influenced by HER.

:sigh:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Since ya'll can't seem to put things in the proper thread. :sigh: 

Shit. Took me 15 minutes to post that :lmao: 

Edited by State of the Game

Posted · Report post

http://www.albumism.com/polls/what-is-your-favorite-janet-jackson-album

Many thanks to everyone who recently voted for their favorite Janet Jackson album as part of Albumism’s readers’ poll series! Check out the consensus Top 5 below, and stay tuned for our next readers’ poll coming soon.

Albumism Readers’ Poll Results:

Albumism_JanetJackson_Top5.jpg

1. The Velvet Rope (1997) (371 votes)
2. Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 (1989) (257)
3. janet. (1993) (205)
4. Control (1986) (139)
5. All for You (2001) (51)

Voting Breakdown:

Albumism_ReadersPoll_Results_JanetJackson_Chart.png

Other Albums Receiving Votes:

Damita Jo (2004) (40 votes)
Unbreakable (2015) (35)
Janet Jackson (1982) (11)
20 Y.O. (2006) (4)
Discipline (2008) (4)
Dream Street (1984) (1)

EXPLORE Janet Jackson’s discography via Amazon | iTunes

READ MORE About Janet Jackson here

VIEW Previous Readers’ Polls here

What a fantastic and appropriate ranking, the top 3 is the rightful top 3 no matter the order its understandable, the rest of the rankings could be arranged better but opinions are opinions and this is over 1k

Edited by jarrylf

Posted · Report post

Honored to receive the same award as my idol, @janetjackson!!! Anyone that follows me knows I STAN for her. I chose this look because of Janet's mindfulness of making a statement. My ups and downs have been publicized since 15 and "underrated" was the word I chose to sum up how often all the work I put in is overlooked. Nothing personal just something for me to know I'm headed in the right direction!! I named my first album "VII" because my mom always talked about it as the number of completion, and with my career, it took 7 years of working my ass off to finally get my album out and have people take me serious as as a artist, a woman You can add, It's so easy for others to judge and criticize when they really don't understand the journey. One who hasn't experienced it, could never really understand the emotional roller coaster of an Artist that's so passionate about their work. That's why I continuously strive to go harder everyday. So I just want to give a HUGE thank you to the @vmas, as well as my supporters #TeamTeyana #NeutchNation who have been loyal to me since day 1! I Love you Guys Dearly! 2764.png❤️2764.png❤️

Posted · Report post

Fuck all dat :rolleyes:...I STAN for her husband. :wub:

Posted · Report post

He is not all dat

Posted · Report post

He is not all dat

He just got a big dick.

Posted · Report post

He just got a big dick.

he's fine too

What a fantastic and appropriate ranking, the top 3 is the rightful top 3 no matter the order its understandable, the rest of the rankings could be arranged better but opinions are opinions and this is over 1k

Damita Jo higher than Unbreakable confuses me a little but the rest feels somewhat accurate.

Edited by vibeology

Posted · Report post

Michael K. Williams Has a Story You Need to Read to Believe

The Emmy-nominated actor from The Night Ofon The WireStar Wars, and how Janet Jackson changed his life.

In that case, it makes sense that Williams’s artistic awakening came courtesy of Janet Jackson.

In 1989, while in his early 20s, Williams had seemingly righted his career path. He had gotten the drug addiction that derailed his teens under control, and had a stable job managing blueprints for Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. Then he saw the music video for Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation.”

“My spirit was stirred by the visual images that were shown . . . different people, some tall, some short, male, female, light-skinned, dark-skinned,” Williams told NPR last year. “It wasn’t just everybody was pretty with perfect teeth. You saw some jagged edges . . . and when they all came together, they moved like one.”

“The message of the song—about getting rid of color lines, not judging—I just identified with it across the board, and I was like, ‘I want to become a Janet Jackson background dancer,’” Williams has said. “‘I think she will understand me.’”

Williams quit his job managing someone else’s blueprints, and started drawing his own. He fired up his VHS player, recorded all of Jackson’s music videos, and watched them until he learned how to count steps. He calls himself “a hack,” but he mined a seven-year career dancing in music videos and on tours for Madonna,Missy Elliott, Crystal Waters, andGinuwine.

The informal education did have one early drawback: “A friend of mine challenged me to a Janet Jackson dance competition, and I made a complete ass out of myself because up until that moment I’d watch her, and I’d go the exact same way with her as the television,” he laughs. “When you’re dancing with her, you’ve got to go theopposite of the fucking TV.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/08/michael-k-williams-emmy-interview

He reps Janet all the time hopefully he can be in one of her videos this era. He's a great actor 

Posted · Report post

Alright Anika Noni Rose BISH you betta reveal yoself as #STANfam!!  

The correct thread for such a post. :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Push thru Janelle