jarrylf

10 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your favorite Ciara album?

• Goodies (2004)
    • Ciara: The Evolution (2006)
    • Fantasy Ride (2009)
    • Basic Instinct (2010)

Ciarastyle.jpg

Ah good ol Cierror. Funny thing, in 2006.............I would've thought Ciara would get better per era and album (same with Bey in my opinion) and Rihanna would...well not. But, the oppesite happend, majorly. Um I think of Ciara as the female Chris Brown, musically nothing special, different, or great. But I do like her music more than his. And my favorite album of hers is and always has been the Evolution, I think it showed growth from Goodies (which I always felt was enormously overrated, like seriously Oh is like the only good song and video on that era) and had a good mixture of sounds and styles. Fantasy Ride was trying too hard, and Basic Instinct was....ugh... Anyway heres the lineup.

1.The Evolution

2.Goodies

3.Fantasy Ride

4.Basic instincts

(poll prediction is Goodies will win, people do love that album & era, but IDK Evolution might too)

Ciara is the little artist who almost could. Things started so well; breaking through and weathering Beyoncéitis, which had just struck down the likes of Ashanti, Mya, Brandy, Amerie, and Monica. Her hatrick of Top 5 singles is one of the best debuts I think I've ever witnessed. The one-two punch of 'Goodies' and '1, 2 Step', followed up with the sophistifunk of 'Oh' was glorious. She became one to watch without the sour taste of overexposure. But, as plagued the credibility of early Britney and Christina, the singles and videos weren't a path to a better or even half-decent album. The horrible decision to round out the era with the lifeless 'And I' was unfortunate, but in fairness it's not like there was anything else on Goodies which could've prolonged the magic. Thankfully Missy and Field Mob nabbed her at just the right time. 'Lose Control' and 'So What' were great fun, and just enough to tide Ciara's fanbase over until her sophomore era. Both also showed how effective she could be as a featured artist.

The Evolution kicked things off with promise (no pun intended). 'Get Up' was generic, but the video and her energetic performances balanced things out, and were the perfect lead in to 'Promise', which still shits. Like many, its impact on me was largely due to surprise. Nobody expected her to drop a ballad, and the fact that a slow jam could generate as much buzz for its choreography as her dance hits was pretty remarkable. Sadly, this was the last time Ciara would wow me. 'Like a Boy' was fun, but there was obviously a disconnect. From there it was as if somebody took a giant pin and deflated her career, as well as her sense of reality. I can't say it diminished her motivation or drive, but it certainly took away her ability to wake up and smell the coffee. The album as a whole was quite solid, but only in comparison to other Ciara albums. As far as bodies of work go, she's still got a long way to go before she joins the major players.

As for Fantasy Hit and Basically Instinct, were they two separate eras? One can hardly tell. Save for the playful 'Like a Surgeon' and Missy-assisted 'Work', both albums are a write-off in the grand scheme of things. They offered nothing new, nothing noteworthy. Even the sole hit from the two eras combined, the painfully bland 'Love Sex Magic', was a FutureSex/LoveSounds leftover. That about sums up 2009/10 for "Super C". She had expired. Ciara had no more tricks up her sleeve, and no one who cared that she didn't.

I think this upcoming album and era are definitely make-or-break for Ciara. With her last two albums flopping that hard it's almost a pass to act as if they didn't happen, which means fans have actually been waiting for Ciara to bring the heat longer than they remember. So much so that you have people rooting for her and genuinely anticipating her return - myself included.

My ranking:

1. The Evolution

2. Goodies

3. Fantasy Ride

4. Basic Instinct

• Upvote 1

Ciara is the little artist who almost could. Things started so well; breaking through and weathering Beyoncéitis, which had just struck down the likes of Ashanti, Mya, Brandy, Amerie, and Monica. Her hatrick of Top 5 singles is one of the best debuts I think I've ever witnessed. The one-two punch of 'Goodies' and '1, 2 Step', followed up with the sophistifunk of 'Oh' was glorious. She became one to watch without the sour taste of overexposure. But, as plagued the credibility of early Britney and Christina, the singles and videos weren't a path to a better or even half-decent album. The horrible decision to round out the era with the lifeless 'And I' was unfortunate, but in fairness it's not like there was anything else on Goodies which could've prolonged the magic. Thankfully Missy and Field Mob nabbed her at just the right time. 'Lose Control' and 'So What' were great fun, and just enough to tide Ciara's fanbase over until her sophomore era. Both also showed how effective she could be as a featured artist.

The Evolution kicked things off with promise (no pun intended). 'Get Up' was generic, but the video and her energetic performances balanced things out, and were the perfect lead in to 'Promise', which still shits. Like many, its impact on me was largely due to surprise. Nobody expected her to drop a ballad, and the fact that a slow jam could generate as much buzz for its choreography as her dance hits was pretty remarkable. Sadly, this was the last time Ciara would wow me. 'Like a Boy' was fun, but there was obviously a disconnect. From there it was as if somebody took a giant pin and deflated her career, as well as her sense of reality. I can't say it diminished her motivation or drive, but it certainly took away her ability to wake up and smell the coffee. The album as a whole was quite solid, but only in comparison to other Ciara albums. As far as bodies of work go, she's still got a long way to go before she joins the major players.

As for Fantasy Hit and Basically Instinct, were they two separate eras? One can hardly tell. Save for the playful 'Like a Surgeon' and Missy-assisted 'Work', both albums are a write-off in the grand scheme of things. They offered nothing new, nothing noteworthy. Even the sole hit from the two eras combined, the painfully bland 'Love Sex Magic', was a FutureSex/LoveSounds leftover. That about sums up 2009/10 for "Super C". She had expired. Ciara had no more tricks up her sleeve, and no one who cared that she didn't.

I think this upcoming album and era are definitely make-or-break for Ciara. With her last two albums flopping that hard it's almost a pass to act as if they didn't happen, which means fans have actually been waiting for Ciara to bring the heat longer than they remember. So much so that you have people rooting for her and genuinely anticipating her return - myself included.

My ranking:

1. The Evolution

2. Goodies

3. Fantasy Ride

4. Basic Instinct

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: @ like all of that! You know what you are absolutely right about all of that. Like I said, personally I wasnt a fan of the Goodies album, but I did like HER lol, and the videos for the most part, and she was a legitimate threat, she came out of NOWHERE and blew up like it wasnt even a problem. And you were right about And I, god I really really think that song and video is just horrendous on all levels, and I agree that nothing could follow up Oh from that album, but I do argue there were better choices than And I. BUT I get what she was trying to do or the record company, they wanted to show that she had versatility with that song and video........and we see both were rightful fails. OMG LOOSE CONTROL IS THE BOMB, always has been, song and video and that was a very smart move (bet she's happy as hell Janet skipped on that song), and I liked So What.

Yea Get up got on my nerves because it's basically nothing but 1,2 Step, but better (song and video wise) And it was a GOOD setup for Promise, I honestly forget the song is a slow jam, that routine, and video is just..............DAMN!!! LOL. THAT video made me go"...this bitch might be here for a while" and it lasted through Like A Boy, I thought it was a good followup to Promise, I think there were better options on that album to follow up Promise but I LIVE for the Like A Boy video, despite all the copying in it. But by Cant Leave Em Alone, I was over the era lol. Like it had run it's course and they didnt release the right song & video's to stretch it out.

And yea I think Like A Surgeon and Work are the only 2 standout tracks from Fantasy Ride. And I find it really stupid of either her or the company not to have made Work the 1st single instead of GO Girl (which I liked as a video besides all of the Janet ripoffs). And I honestly LOVE LOVE LOVE Ride, the song and video, where she completely fucked up with the video is it should've simply been her doing that fucking hot routine and nothing else (what the fuck was she doing in that swimsuit? it did NOTHING for her, absolutely nothing). And that Gimmie Dat video was the business but the song was a epic fail.

And its gonna be really interesting to see if she can change the image she's branded with. I mean for Christ sake, the last album opend at #44........ how does that happen? Not top 10, 20, or 30.......I was shocked (and floored it didnt happen to Chris Brown which it should've plenty of times .....in my opinion). And thats gonna be really interesting to see if she can make us forget that. Im not holding my breath but I am paying attention. Like the odds of her doing what she did with Promise....I dont see it, but I'd LOVE for her to prove me wrong.

I really like Ciara... so much potential, and she definitely understands the importance of dance (A rare thing these days).

Her music is the "So So Def Bass All Star" of the 2000's. Updated sounds of Ghost Town DJ's "My Boo" and INOJ "Love You Down".

She really should of stuck closer by the likes of Lil Jon, Flo Rida, and Pitbull. With all of this party rock music happening right now she really should have been huge as a dance artist.

A tragic ending really.....

I was never really into Ciara, mainly because her name should correctly be pronounced 'KEER ah'. That aside I really liked the song and video for like a boy and so I bought the album it was on. The album was full of filler so I only played it a couple of times. I did like lose control too.

At the time I wasn't crazy about the Goodies singles, but once I saw the music videos I grew to love them.

The Evolution was the only album I heard in full, which I thought was quite good ... especially "That's Right" (they released this way too late -_-), "C.R.U.S.H.," and of course "Promise." :)

She's an artist that pisses me off. You try to root for her only for Ciara to show you it was a waste of time. When she first came out I didn't care for her. I enjoyed "1,2 Step" and loved "Oh". Then she did guest appearances on other folks' stuff, and then I fell for her. With "Get Up" don't care for the song but loved the video. Her performances for it on Ellen and So You Think You Can Dance were flawless! I never got (the hype around "Promise"...I mean it's a good song, but she has way better songs on that album. After The Evolution, it all went down hill.

First off she should have known better than to put leaked tracks on your studio album, especially when they leaked from about 6 months to a year before the albums out. Secondly you don't come up with the "Well I never gave an official release date" excuse for her constant pushbacks. Third she should give the "I want a ghetto anthem" tactic a rest. No one wants to her about how girls better get their money anymore...this ain't the 90s. Finally (not really, but I need to stop) she has to stop trying to rep Atlanta. We all know she was a military brat who was born in Texas. The Atlanta train died when Dem Franchise Boys weren't able to stay with JD when he and Janet foolishly went to Def Jam. The one thing she did that's applause worth after TE was use Britney as a punching bag when she was opening for Brit. Sadly for her the record label wasn't having that and quickly replaced her.

Oh and a few more things...she need to stop acting above her actual celebrity ranking, learn how to take the truth and stop calling everyone a hater like she's fucking Rebecca Black when the truth is told, and get her shit together to the max power.

1. The Evolution

2. Fantasy Ride

3. Goodies

4.. Basic Instinct

• Upvote 1

She's an artist that pisses me off. You try to root for her only for Ciara to show you it was a waste of time. When she first came out I didn't care for her. I enjoyed "1,2 Step" and loved "Oh". Then she did guest appearances on other folks' stuff, and then I fell for her. With "Get Up" don't care for the song but loved the video. Her performances for it on Ellen and So You Think You Can Dance were flawless! I never got (the hype around "Promise"...I mean it's a good song, but she has way better songs on that album. After The Evolution, it all went down hill.

First off she should have known better than to put leaked tracks on your studio album, especially when they leaked from about 6 months to a year before the albums out. Secondly you don't come up with the "Well I never gave an official release date" excuse for her constant pushbacks. Third she should give the "I want a ghetto anthem" tactic a rest. No one wants to her about how girls better get their money anymore...this ain't the 90s. Finally (not really, but I need to stop) she has to stop trying to rep Atlanta. We all know she was a military brat who was born in Texas. The Atlanta train died when Dem Franchise Boys weren't able to stay with JD when he and Janet foolishly went to Def Jam. The one thing she did that's applause worth after TE was use Britney as a punching bag when she was opening for Brit. Sadly for her the record label wasn't having that and quickly replaced her.

Oh and a few more things...she need to stop acting above her actual celebrity ranking, learn how to take the truth and stop calling everyone a hater like she's fucking Rebecca Black when the truth is told, and get her shit together to the max power.

1. The Evolution

2. Fantasy Ride

3. Goodies

4.. Basic Instinct

Lord, I cant spot a single lie in this

And while I'm at it, she should stop going over to BET. They ban her videos and don't even get her to perform at their award show. I wish a bitch would have told me they didn't want me to only introduce someone at their coon-fest after they blocked two of my videos and barely touched the others. :umm:

And while I'm at it, she should stop going over to BET. They ban her videos and don't even get her to perform at their award show. I wish a bitch would have told me they didn't want me to only introduce someone at their coon-fest after they blocked two of my videos and barely touched the others. :umm:

:clapping: :clapping: :excited: YOU BETTA GO AWF

Lord, I cant spot a single lie in this

I swear she had soooooo much potential and just let it go. I thought BI was gonna be a hot album, but when I found out she was sticking with The Dream and not going back to Jazzy, I knew it was going to be bad (although I do like a good 3 songs from it). What would have possessed her to go back to the same producer whose work didn't bring you any hits? :sigh:
  • Upvote 1

I swear she had soooooo much potential and just let it go. I thought BI was gonna be a hot album, but when I found out she was sticking with The Dream and not going back to Jazzy, I knew it was going to be bad (although I do like a good 3 songs from it). What would have possessed her to go back to the same producer whose work didn't bring you any hits? :sigh:

My thoughts EXACTLY, I gave up on her befroe I even heard the album (BI)but because of the events leading up to it and her doing everything you just said, I mean....... all signs pointed that that era was gonna flop, how hard was it gonna flop? I didnt predict that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOw, but the signs were everywhere lol.

My thoughts EXACTLY, I gave up on her befroe I even heard the album (BI)but because of the events leading up to it and her doing everything you just said, I mean....... all signs pointed that that era was gonna flop, how hard was it gonna flop? I didnt predict that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOw, but the signs were everywhere lol.

She has one more chance with me now since she's on a new label. She better have a new image, new team, new choreographer, new sound, new press-ons, new everything. If I read or her about her working with The Dream again and/or having the same events happen before the album gets released, I won't even bother with her anymore.

She has one more chance with me now since she's on a new label. She better have a new image, new team, new choreographer, new sound, new press-ons, new everything. If I read or her about her working with The Dream again and/or having the same events happen before the album gets released, I won't even bother with her anymore.

Same here, like I said it wrong, I gave up on BI, not so much her, so I think this is gonna be the last chance for me too, and your right she needs ALLLLLLLLll of that, plus maybe learn a few magic tricks lol, cause damn she got so much to prove right now.