The Janet Jackson Sales Thread

Mr. Wonder

8 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

It's fabricating, and it's annoying. There's no need to inflate sales. 

It's 7 million. Janet's team confirmed it. Leave it at that. 

You're pontificating here. I agree with the 7 million, but the 9 million wasn't exactly pulled out of his ass. So I dont get the annoying part.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Illi said:

You're pontificating here. I agree with the 7 million, but the 9 million wasn't exactly pulled out of his ass. So I dont get the annoying part.

Yes, it is. We have a credible source, a press release from Janet's team, that says 7 million. Why argue with the credible source? 

AFY sold 7 million per Janet's team. And that's final. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Yes, it is. We have a credible source, a press release from Janet's team, that says 7 million. Why argue with the credible source? 

AFY sold 7 million per Janet's team. And that's final. 

I'm not, but that doesn't mean what he posted doesn't warrant discussion.

Agree to disagree.

9 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

It's fabricating, and it's annoying. There's no need to inflate sales. 

It's 7 million. Janet's team confirmed it. Leave it at that. 

who's fabricating? Are you saying that plaque is fake just cause Janet's team haven't announced it?

I don't get why everyone is so insistent on inflating Janet or any of their fave's sales it just looks foolish. We get it you think your fave deserves these extra couple million sales or it's been soooooo long since the sales have been updated, but don't add what isn't there. Anyhow, thanks for this beautiful and legitimate thread

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:39 AM, Illi said:

exactly! As if I didn't provide a receipt. Now as to whether anybody believes it or not I really dgaf. The plaque ain't fake I know that much-_-

• 1 year later...

r/popheads - Janet Jackson albums sales is under certified by 15 million in the US

This is from back in 2015. Unbreakable could be eligible for gold now, I know first week sales was 109k so it wouldn't surprise me. IDK where this is from, but it's been floating around for a few years and seems like it could very well be accurate

8 hours ago, king_c said:

r/popheads - Janet Jackson albums sales is under certified by 15 million in the US

This is from back in 2015. Unbreakable could be eligible for gold now, I know first week sales was 109k so it wouldn't surprise me. IDK where this is from, but it's been floating around for a few years and seems like it could very well be accurate

Unbreakable is somewhere between 300k and 400k, so no.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, king_c said:

Thanks, I had no clue where it was lol. The fact that she has #1 albums in 4 decades...just amazing. TRUE longevity there 

“Black Diamond” NEEDS to b her 8th #1 and make that 5 consecutive decades (80s-2020s) 😭😭😭👍💀👀🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 5:02 AM, king_c said:

For real. I'd be so excited for her!

Me too 😭

On 7/31/2020 at 3:07 AM, Lenzo88 said:

“Black Diamond” NEEDS to b her 8th #1 and make that 5 consecutive decades (80s-2020s) 😭😭😭👍💀👀🤦🏾‍♂️

We NEED to make it happen! Janet will most likely get that #1 regardless, but if we can start a campaign for all fans to buy 2 copies we will succeed 100%. 💁🏻‍♂️😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jakob said:

Me too 😭

We NEED to make it happen! Janet will most likely get that #1 regardless, but if we can start a campaign for all fans to buy 2 copies we will succeed 100%. 💁🏻‍♂️😂

Oh yes we should. I know right before she releases Black Diamond it would be nice to get it trending on twitter. Maybe some of the stan accounts could help us out. I know for the Beyhive with Black Is King we got "Beyonce is coming" trending. We could get her name trending and encourage everyone to buy 2 copies at the same time. I'll def be apart of it

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

These plaques for The Pleasure Principle, Let's Wait Awhile, and Control were just discovered by some fans. PP and LWA were RIAA certified gold and Control went platinum. Interesting that you can't find these certifications in RIAA's database when you go on the site.

No photo description available.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 5:05 PM, JoeJoe said:

These plaques for The Pleasure Principle, Let's Wait Awhile, and Control were just discovered by some fans. PP and LWA were RIAA certified gold and Control went platinum. Interesting that you can't find these certifications in RIAA's database when you go on the site.

No photo description available.

There are a bunch of other plaques that were in the auction that confirm sales, and a few of them were international sales plaques. I don't think we'll ever get updates, it's been almost 15 years since the last, and JD claimed they were working on it around the time of 20YO. 

• 1 year later...