All that is going on in Janet Jackson’s world

SloLove

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/01/07/all-that-is-going-on-in-janet-jacksons-world/

By: Beck / Smith

By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith

HollywoodNews.com: What strange times for Janet Jackson.

The songstress has been on the scene this week for the highly-emotional preliminary hearing on an involuntary manslaughter charge against Michael Jackson’s physician, Dr. Conrad Murray. (She has been quite vocal in blaming the doctor for her brother’s death.) At the same time, she has her own imminent business — including planning of her soon-to-launch Number Ones, Up Close and Personal world tour. Tickets go on sale today (1/8).

There’s also the launch of her “True You” book dealing with diet, exercise, self-image and self-esteem to contend with. The tome hits stores Feb. 8.

And on top of that, Janet could easily find herself in this year’s Academy Awards running come Jan. 25. Her hit “Nothing” (written and produced by her in association with Johnta Austin, Bryan-Michael Cox and Jermaine Dupri) from Tyler Perrry’s “Why Did I Get Married Too” is being buzzed by Oscar prognosticators everywhere as a good bet for a Best Song nomination.

Janet has been balancing moving on with life and dealing with the aftermath of Michael’s death for more than a year and a half now. You may recall that “Why Did I Get Married Too” briefly shuttered production after his passing, while Janet flew to join family in L.A. for the funeral. When she returned to the movie location, her friends on the production “decided, in unison, to give her space and respect whatever feelings she was feeling,” as Jill Scott recalled it to this column. “If she wanted to be quiet, we’d step back. If she wanted to talk, we’d be there for her. I think she did find escape in her work. She definitely did.”

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2011/01/07/all-that-is-going-on-in-janet-jacksons-world/

By: Beck / Smith

By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith

HollywoodNews.com: What strange times for Janet Jackson.

The songstress has been on the scene this week for the highly-emotional preliminary hearing on an involuntary manslaughter charge against Michael Jackson’s physician, Dr. Conrad Murray. (She has been quite vocal in blaming the doctor for her brother’s death.) At the same time, she has her own imminent business — including planning of her soon-to-launch Number Ones, Up Close and Personal world tour. Tickets go on sale today (1/8).

There’s also the launch of her “True You” book dealing with diet, exercise, self-image and self-esteem to contend with. The tome hits stores Feb. 8.

And on top of that, Janet could easily find herself in this year’s Academy Awards running come Jan. 25. Her hit “Nothing” (written and produced by her in association with Johnta Austin, Bryan-Michael Cox and Jermaine Dupri) from Tyler Perrry’s “Why Did I Get Married Too” is being buzzed by Oscar prognosticators everywhere as a good bet for a Best Song nomination.

Janet has been balancing moving on with life and dealing with the aftermath of Michael’s death for more than a year and a half now. You may recall that “Why Did I Get Married Too” briefly shuttered production after his passing, while Janet flew to join family in L.A. for the funeral. When she returned to the movie location, her friends on the production “decided, in unison, to give her space and respect whatever feelings she was feeling,” as Jill Scott recalled it to this column. “If she wanted to be quiet, we’d step back. If she wanted to talk, we’d be there for her. I think she did find escape in her work. She definitely did.”

janet-543a.jpg:wub: :wub:

Archived