SloLove

Damita Jo

"Damita Jo," Janet's eigth studio album took it's title from her middle name and revealed several sides of Janet's personality. Commenting about the album, Janet said, "It's about love...Damita Jo is one of the characters that lives inside of me." Like her music from before, "Damita Jo" allowed fans to step inside Janet's life-long pursuit toward self understanding, awareness, and fulfillment.

Looking For Love

Damita Jo

Sexhibition

Strawberry Bounce

My Baby

The Islands

Spending Time With You

Magic Hour

Island Life

Nite (Don't Stop)

R&B Junkie

I Want You

Like You Don't Love Me

Thinkin' Bout My Ex

Warmth

Moist

It All Comes Down To Love

Truly

The One

SloLove

Country

Just A Little While

This album was a step up from AFY in terms of flow and continued quality. But aside from all nite I didn't see the highs that AFY had, but it didn't have the lows either.

It's really a shame that it came off the back of the super bowl. I'd love to have seen what the album would have done.

• Upvote 1

The Damita Jo album...Well I really didnt get into this album at first. I had Moist and Thinkin Bout my Ex and that was it. I gravitated towards those first but she does have hidden gems. Island Life and SloLove are my favorites. My Baby is my least favorite. Damita Jo the song is pretty good.

Damita Jo is underrated. Besides a slow middle section of the album, it picks up again with "Slolove". "Island Life" was my jam. LYDLM is EPIC. It's more urban than AFY but it was a solid album. ANDS still shits and remains one of her best dance songs. And her oooooooooo's on "I Want You" are tailored for heaven's choir.

• Upvote 1

Damita Jo

"Damita Jo," Janet's eigth studio album took it's title from her middle name and revealed several sides of Janet's personality. Commenting about the album, Janet said, "It's about love...Damita Jo is one of the characters that lives inside of me." Like her music from before, "Damita Jo" allowed fans to step inside Janet's life-long pursuit toward self understanding, awareness, and fulfillment.

Looking For Love

Sexhibition

The Islands

Spending Time With You

Magic Hour

Island Life

Nite (Don't Stop)

R&B Junkie

I Want You

Like You Don't Love Me

Thinkin' Bout My Ex

It All Comes Down To Love

SloLove

Just A Little While

The only tracks that matter on this album tbh. There are few bad tracks on this album, but Damita Jo isnt one of those you have on repeat imo, It gets rather dull.

I think the album thematically was kinda spread out from the euro-pop elements of ANDS to the urban I Want You, there isn't a Janet album without hidden gems

Wait what? Only slolove has euro-pop elements on DJ (you can say JALW as well, i wouldnt agree but i'd understand), ANDS is just an urban pop dance track, i don't see where the Euro pop elements are on that song tbh. It's like Kelis' Trick Me

We all know why this album semi-flopped :lol: It doesn't have much to do with the music

Wait what? Only slolove has euro-pop elements on DJ (you can say JALW as well, i wouldnt agree but i'd understand), ANDS is just an urban pop dance track, i don't see where the Euro pop elements are on that song tbh. It's like Kelis' Trick Me

We all know why this album semi-flopped :lol: It doesn't have much to do with the music

WRONG....look at those who produced ANDS

Jackson, Harris, Lewis, Tolbert, Anders Bagge, Arnthor Birgisson, Herbie Hancock, Paul Jackson, Melvin Ragin

Sven Anders Bagge (born in Enskede, Stockholm, Sweden on 12 January 1968) is a Swedish composer, lyricist, musician and record producer and partner with Peer Åström. EUROPOP

This album is so great. Why am I just really realizing it? I am going off to Island Life as I type. That shoulda been a singles choice. Moist

SloLove

I Want You

Damita Jo

Thinkin Bout My Ex

Truly

All Nite

CHILE ALL BANGERS. I JUST....The singles choices were all over the place tho. I can see All Nite Just Slay but she needed to release Moist. I dont care...Multiple children would have been conceived. But lets be real....With the Superbowl and her Iconic titty incident people were gonna try and pay her dust.

janet-jackson-o.gif

• Upvote 1

WRONG....look at those who produced ANDS

Jackson, Harris, Lewis, Tolbert, Anders Bagge, Arnthor Birgisson, Herbie Hancock, Paul Jackson, Melvin Ragin

Sven Anders Bagge (born in Enskede, Stockholm, Sweden on 12 January 1968) is a Swedish composer, lyricist, musician and record producer and partner with Peer Åström. EUROPOP

Oh dear... so going by that logic if someone does something with say Ne-Yo they are automatically doing R&B even if they are serving the purest electronic beats?

A+ for effort i guess

300ckzmjpg.gif

This album is so great. Why am I just really realizing it? I am going off to Island Life as I type. That shoulda been a singles choice. Moist

SloLove

I Want You

Damita Jo

Thinkin Bout My Ex

Truly

All Nite

CHILE ALL BANGERS. I JUST....The singles choices were all over the place tho. I can see All Nite Just Slay but she needed to release Moist. I dont care...Multiple children would have been conceived. But lets be real....With the Superbowl and her Iconic titty incident people were gonna try and pay her dust.

janet-jackson-o.gif

Yes at Island Life, THAT track is AMAZING and it was right of the bat my fav from the album :lol: