Discipline

SloLove

Discipline

"In putting "Discipline" out front - as both the title of the album and title of a song about sexual surrender - I wanted to announce that I was venturing into new creative waters," said Janet. "Like all my records, this one, whether intentional or not, has autobiographical roots." "Discipline" expressed as being pleasurable and key to freedom, allowed Janet to focus, and the focus was on feelings that nourish both the physical and spirtual. "Feedback," a single from the album received critical acclaim for it's intriguing and visually striking video in which Janet seemed to break the bonds of earthly existence.

I.D. (Interlude)

Feedback

Luv

Spinnin (Interlude)

Rollercoaster

Bathroom Break (Interlude)

Rock With U

2Nite

Can't B Good

4 Words (Interlude)

Never Letchu Go

Truth Or Dare (Interlude)

GreatestX

Good Morning So Much Betta

Play Selection (Interlude)

The 1

What's Ur Name

The Meaning (Interlude)

Discipline

Back (Interlude)

Curtains

Let Me Know

I was super excited when I heard Feedback, I loved it and just knew it would be a global hit bringing Janet back. Then I realised nobody was going to bother to promote it globally :umm: what a wasted opportunity.

Musically I thought this album was detached and felt very clinical. Probably because Janet didn't write it. None of the songs were as good as feedback, but i liked luv, RWY and what's your name. The rest of the songs were cool, but kinda meh.

• Upvote 1

I think Janet just went along with everything around the time of the Punishment album. Ya know music wise. Its believed that La Reid had alot to do with why it wasnt promoted but it is what it is. I miss hearing her in her music...Punishment seemed so detached from Janet. Feedback and Rock With U are good songs but the rest? Eh. I think thats her least favorite album.

• 8 months later...

Im actually enjoying the album as of now (minus the slow jams and The 1 of course) . Must be the Janet thrist we all having but it's not as bad as i thought it was at first.

Rock With You still SLAYS

It's definitely possible to enjoy the album once you get past the fact it's inferior quality to what she can do and don't take it seriously. It has some great bops to it.

It's definitely possible to enjoy the album once you get past the fact it's inferior quality to what she can do and don't take it seriously. It has some great bops to it.

Yeah, i've been enjoying that ratchet mess that is 20 as well so :lol:

DC is such a weird case tho, lots and lots of people that were never a Janet fan list that album as the album that turned them into one :asham:

Yeah, i've been enjoying that ratchet mess that is 20 as well so :lol:

DC is such a weird case tho, lots and lots of people that were never a Janet fan list that album as the album that turned them into one :asham:

I actually like 20 too now :lol:.

Feedback won a lot of people over. It was a great song which just required promotion, internationally.

I actually like 20 too now :lol:.

Feedback won a lot of people over. It was a great song which just required promotion, internationally.

That's what i mean :lol: I haven't listened to DJ in YEARS though and i love the album -_- gonna do it now

True. Lots of people mention that song when they talk about Janet :wub: