Tamar Braxton- Love And War

jarrylf

Toni is still a better vocalist than Tamar. Two different vocal types, Toni - Alto, Tamar - Soprano. Toni might be contralto, Tamar lyric soprano. Tamar can't [technically] go as low because sopranos tend to have an underdeveloped lower register. She COULD in essence if she pushed down her larynx. It wont have any real tonality though. Toni can't go as high. Toni's vocal range is balance throughout her range, while Tamar can kinda thin or sound shrill around G5. Her range might be connected though.

As for Janet, the C6 and D6 in LWND and HDKIA respectively are head voice, not whistle.

YES. GAWD. BITCH.

She did the fuck outta that. Sitting down, no less!

It was just "eh" to me on first listen, but it grew on me quick. I bought The Braxtons album when it came out way back when, so I knew she could blow...but this song is one hell of a reinforcement of that. I'm eager to hear what the album sounds like after this.

• Upvote 1

Bitch had me fooled too! For 5 years :lmao:!!!

I always thought it was Beyonce, but I know Latavia is/was the alto..and I asked on twitter and some Letoya fan confirmed it was Beyonce..I was like, well the bitch slayed it..it remains one of my fave songs from DC. Bey did that.

YES. GAWD. BITCH.

She did the fuck outta that. Sitting down, no less!

It was just "eh" to me on first listen, but it grew on me quick. I bought The Braxtons album when it came out way back when, so I knew she could blow...but this song is one hell of a reinforcement of that. I'm eager to hear what the album sounds like after this.

yessss that sitting down mad me gag for my life and how effortless she did it and that note at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!

yessss that sitting down mad me gag for my life and how effortless she did it and that note at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly didn't believe it was live til she hit that note at the end. lol I was like "No way is this bitch hitting those notes perched like that"...then when she hit it, I let out a YUUUUUUSSSSSS! with a furious finger shake at my monitor. lmao

• Upvote 1

I honestly didn't believe it was live til she hit that note at the end. lol I was like "No way is this bitch hitting those notes perched like that"...then when she hit it, I let out a YUUUUUUSSSSSS! with a furious finger shake at my monitor. lmao

she always says she sings best when she sits down even in the studio, not many people can sing like that, that makes u have to sing correct and from your diaphragm she was flawless i cant wait to see her with the whole promo team behind her and the album and other performances, thats how u reintroduce yourself to the public & media they were smart to release it and have her perform it right after
  • Upvote 1

she always says she sings best when she sits down even in the studio, not many people can sing like that, that makes u have to sing correct and from your diaphragm she was flawless i cant wait to see her with the whole promo team behind her and the album and other performances, thats how u reintroduce yourself to the public & media they were smart to release it and have her perform it right after

Yes. Very smart move.

Chille, Love Will Neva do, listen to the UK remix, you can hear where her whistle ends and the horn begins perfectly. And she did it for most of the 1st leg of the janet. tour

But yea her deeps are DEEEEP, and also underrated. The harmony's she does are perfection and a great example of her range.

People acting like they ain't heard "He Doesn't Know I'm Alive" smh

Tamar can go low but it's not full like Toni's notes. They both have great ranges and voices - as do all the sisters.

Right. Tamar even said in an episode "Toni we can't get that deep like you" or something like that when they were all gonna perform

I hope this isn't the final version, maybe a demo or something because after hearing "Love And War" this would be a VERY VERY mediocre and weak second single:

"HOT SUGA"

This doesn't sound like her anyway...hopefully this is just a scratch track.

well i love hot sugar and uptempo tracks usually arent made for depth theyre made to shake ur ass, ballads are made to pull u in and she needs more than ballads like love and war to have a well rounded sound and appeal

Plus she's been talkin about how she wants this kinda sound and image, she's made it clear she don't want quality, she wants hotness (which is what makes Love And War a suprise, it is quality). So I can't knock her about trashy or "ratchet" cause its what she wants

Plus she's been talkin about how she wants this kinda sound and image, she's made it clear she don't want quality, she wants hotness (which is what makes Love And War a suprise, it is quality). So I can't knock her about trashy or "ratchet" cause its what she wants

well i dont think she meant just ratchet without quality, she obv wants quality but like se said she still wants it to be "poppin" and vince isnt gonna let her leave the studio with foolishness and neither is she