The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Aquaria

she should never have spent time with Madonna at all, esp after the shade,  Lady Gaga is stuck trying to do what MJ did recreate a moment, its not happening, didnt happen for him. Music is hit and miss now more than ever so its no surprise. I think most artists out today release an album to tour, if she wants to focus on performing and touring do that, but I wouldnt expect big numbers on music she's such a niche act.

:lmao: I meant Tony Bennett not Grandma Donna

Female popstars this millennium have very short life spans.  Gaga was a phenomenon that had good stats for someone who debuted in 2009*.  It seems like with females, that they give you everything all at once and people get tired of them very quickly.  You can see it with Ariana..Meghan..etc. Beyoncé and Rihanna have managed to keep people interested even when they have lackluster album sales or single sales.  What Gaga managed to do in 2015 was reinvent herself after ARTPOP by performing on every award show, becoming an actress, and doing a jazz album with Tony Bennett.  Now, the "popstar" Gaga is fading, but she's still talented and has the SB to win people back(if that is what she wants).  What I'm happy about with certain female popstars is that now they are in a position to make the music they WANT(ANTI, LEMONADE) but it's not gonna connect with the persona that made them superstars. Katy Perry is probably gonna be in the same boat.  Britney had a strong album(it's better that Shitney Jean) but her star fizzled by 2011.  She won't have that same reception she had when she debuted. With the music industry in shambles with dying sales and streaming being that BITCH, you're gonna have to find that balance between artistic freedom but still having some commercial appeal(hey it's still a business--no matter what, people don't want their shit to FLOP).

I believe Gaga did give everything at once but her creativity fizzled out. And not just image-wise... but musically. From Applause until now, Gaga has been killing her own momentum. Doing a Jazz album with the Crypt Keeper wasn't a great idea.. if it were, more people would do it. 

Yes she's still talented but talent only gets you so far (ask Ariana). 

Anti & Lemonade goes very well with the persona and evolution of those women. ArtPop and Gaga's newest album doesn't scream "evolution".. it screams "let's redo the past"

Katy Perry has an ear for great hooks.. Her first single will be a song that will and can get stuck in your head easily. 

Britney was never an album artist and is in higher league than Gaga could ever dream but Spears gave up years ago. 

How could Tony Benét be a bad influence? :unsure: 

A pop star that has a millennial demographic doing a duet album with someone who survived The Great Depression :blink: 

It's like if Beyoncé did a duet album with some 90 year old Saxophone singer/player.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever on her part. She went from bizarro pop star to "Ms. Stefani" overnight like you weren't just wearing a meat dress 6 months prior :umm: 

A pop star that has a millennial demographic doing a duet album with someone who survived The Great Depression :blink: 

It's like if Beyoncé did a duet album with some 90 year old Saxophone singer/player.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever on her part. She went from bizarro pop star to "Ms. Stefani" overnight like you weren't just wearing a meat dress 6 months prior :umm: 

She wasn't. :umm:

Gaga is much more than a popstar. She's musician who can basically do any genre. I can see why you're mad. B) 

This album is GROSS.  It is her worst to me by far.

Diamond Heart - yuk.  Could not finish listening

A-yo -- more like no no

Joane-  is godawful

John Wayne - I mean I listened to it all at least?

Where is the song she is going to perform on the superbowl and get people hype?  Perfect illusion?   That's all, cause I am not seeing it from the rest of this?

I stopped after part of Sinner's Prayer I cant right now]

Thumbnail

Edited by kidfresh832

Listened to it... It's not bad at all. I can see what she was trying to do here.

Really hate A-YO but really REALLY LOVE Diamond Heart :wub: and Toucanne is also great.

Angel Down I have a little bit of time for but I already deleted it this isn't even a grower album to me.  But glad someone can like it though.

She's getting dragged by the reviews. Digging into Folk and Americana was a double edge sword as the reviewers always have really high expectations when it comes to this two genres. This might hurt her more than the dragging reviews of her pop albums.

I still think that the album isn't bad after a few more spins but it certainly has very too little replay value. It's an ok album with 2 or 3 good tracks and that its.