Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

I think JT has been gone for so long now the anticipation isn't that hot, but it's there, and it'll build once he starts to get the ball rolling.

I don't think you're right at all.. People stopped asking him.. it stopped being news... I think he's bringing his A game... at least I hope

I think JT has been gone for so long now the anticipation isn't that hot, but it's there, and it'll build once he starts to get the ball rolling.

I think moreso than anybody his HARDCORE fanbase has been foaming at the mouth ready to sink their teeth into another JT record since his last. I'm not gonna pretend that I know he's just gonna completely take over because I do feel that in some cases taking too much time off can hurt you -Xtina is a prime example ..that bitch isn't even holding on for dear life anymore,she's just completely out of her 9 lives. Hopefully JT wont be sharing that same boat with her.

I think moreso than anybody his HARDCORE fanbase has been foaming at the mouth ready to sink their teeth into another JT record since his last. I'm not gonna pretend that I know he's just gonna completely take over because I do feel that in some cases taking too much time off can hurt you -Xtina is a prime example ..that bitch isn't even holding on for dear life anymore,she's just completely out of her 9 lives. Hopefully JT wont be sharing that same boat with her.

Well it's a given a hardcore fanbase will be anticipating their fav's project. Well, JT is different. He's taken time off from music and made a respectable turn as an actor. And his last project was a huge success. He hasn't really made a professional misstep or tarnished his image in any way. Christina is just a fat wailing pig judging a reality show with a string of flop albums and singles behind her -_-

• Upvote 1

Well it's a given a hardcore fanbase will be anticipating their fav's project. Well, JT is different. He's taken time off from music and made a respectable turn as an actor. And his last project was a huge success. He hasn't really made a professional misstep or tarnished his image in any way. Christina is just a fat wailing pig judging a reality show with a string of flop albums and singles behind her -_-

Well it seems people aren't too crazy about his acting..kinda like Madona.Ya'know how ppl are like "why is this bitch wasting time with movies -which she's horrible at and not using that time to cook up a masterpiece album." I feel like JT has kind of gotten that same criticism. He's certainly better than Madonna but he hasn't had a str8 up homerun movie to where it left you as a fan thinking his movie career is stellar enough to be satisfied as a fan to not trip on any current musical efforts.

I think moreso than anybody his HARDCORE fanbase has been foaming at the mouth ready to sink their teeth into another JT record since his last. I'm not gonna pretend that I know he's just gonna completely take over because I do feel that in some cases taking too much time off can hurt you -Xtina is a prime example .

Xtina is the best example... :blink: when did she take off too much time? :blink: a four year break? She didn't know where to go after Stripped.. Justin has confidence... he's actually an A lister

Well it seems people aren't too crazy about his acting..kinda like Madona.Ya'know how ppl are like "why is this bitch wasting time with movies -which she's horrible at and not using that time to cook up a masterpiece album." I feel like JT has kind of gotten that same criticism. He's certainly better than Madonna but he hasn't had a str8 up homerun movie to where it left you as a fan thinking his movie career is stellar enough to be satisfied as a fan to not trip on any current musical efforts.

like hosting high ratings Saturday Night Lives :umm:

Madonna's acting career was a miserable failure, despite Evita. Justin is pretty much respected now as an actor, and I think people think of him as an actor first now. That obviously means he succeeded in what he was trying to do. I think his breakthrough was The Social Network.

Xtina is the best example... :blink: she when did she off too much time? :blink: a four year break? She didn't know where to go after Stripped.. Justin has confidence... he's actually an A lister

Xtina was the first that came to mind. -_- Her taking the time off to do silly things like "live her life" is what helped seal the deal of Floperation being on the rise. :lol: I stil say her taking all that time off did play a role in her losing her spot..on top of her being uninspired too

like hosting high ratings Saturday Night Lives :umm:

yeah, Oscar-worthy too...dont forget that!

Madonna's acting career was a miserable failure, despite Evita. Justin is pretty much respected now as an actor, and I think people think of him as an actor first now. That obviously means he succeeded in what he was trying to do. I think his breakthrough was The Social Network.

And what planet is this on? I just dont see it nor do I hear ppl praise his acting at all. To me he seems underrated as an actor. There's minimal talk about his "acting career"

• Upvote 1

I don't think his acting is that talked about. Every time he made a new movie every article would ask 'where's the music though?'. Plus the only movies he's sort of 'respected for are The Social Network and Friends With Benefits - the others came and went.

• Upvote 1

yeah, Oscar-worthy too...dont forget that!

And what planet is this on? I just dont see it nor do I hear ppl praise his acting at all. To me he seems underrated as an actor. There's minimal talk about his "acting career"

Not praised but people have accepted him as an actor whereas they never did with Madonna or Beyonce's wooden ass for example.

Not praised but people have accepted him as an actor whereas they never did with Madonna or Beyonce's wooden ass for example.

but not enough to say he's made a respectable transition,imo. Like Bu said ..ppl were still asking about the music. He hadn't made enough of an impression in the movie world to make his fans content with just seeing him on the big screen and not worried about a new release from him.

Xtina was the first that came to mind. -_- Her taking the time off to do silly things like "live her life" is what helped seal the deal of Floperation being on the rise. :lol: I stil say her taking all that time off did play a role in her losing her spot..on top of her being uninspired too

you cannot compare... she got fat and decided to host some "talent" show where the winner disappears and are only mentioned... meanwhile Justin starred in two blockbusters, hosted SNL with high ratings, and remained an A-lister...

you cannot compare... she got fat and decided to host some "talent" show where the winner disappears and are only mentioned... meanwhile Justin starred in two blockbusters, hosted SNL with high ratings, and remained an A-lister...

Game, Xtina was a FLOP way before she got fat and started pulling hasbeen stunts like the reality show thing. You act as if she just joined the town of Flopsville. After Stripped she started taking 4-5 year breaks inbetween albums while her peers were releasing more frequently. What I'm saying is in order to keep up she couldn't afford to be off the clock as long as she did, which does play a part as to why the public moved on and other bitches started coming in. Back To Basics is a flop imo so yeah..she's been on the down spiral way before the couch potato gig.

Only two four year breaks:

Stripped 2002

B2b 2006

Bionic 2010

Locus - 2012

She couldn't keep up anyways.. She has no direction... P!nk has the ugly girls and lesbos, Rihanna has the bad ass girls and gays.. Beyonce has the black gays.. Britney the white.. Adele the fatties and world... There's no room for Xtina in today's industry besides sitting on a spinning couch and judging "talented" Americans

• Upvote 2

What do you mean ONLY two? ..shit...in the music biz thats a fucking LIFETIME! :blink: That was the 00's NOT the 90s! :lmao: Back then you could pull those "Imma disappear for 100 years" and come back and still have your position on lock, ie Janet, Michael. Her being gone made room for other hoes to come in and grab her audience. Again, Im NOT SAYING thats the primary reason cuz I agree with you her music has been shitty during those years. her being absent alot in the 00s didn't help her already fucked up situation is my point. Im really not understanding why we're debating about this since you and I have agreed in the past that her audience left her for the other hoes because she wasn't around. :unsure:

sidenote: Why do you think Rihanna's moving so damn fast..cuz that bitch knows in the game -YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE ..she aint no dummy. :lol:

What do you mean ONLY two? ..shit...in the music biz thats a fucking LIFETIME! :blink: That was the 00's NOT the 90s! :lmao: Back then you could pull those "Imma disappear for 100 years" and come back and still have your position on lock, ie Janet, Michael. Her being gone made room for other hoes to come in and grab her audience. Again, Im NOT SAYING thats the primary reason cuz I agree with you her music has been shitty during those years. her being absent alot in the 00s didn't help her already fucked up situation is my point. Im really not understanding why we're debating about this since you and I have agreed in the past that her audience left her for the other hoes because she wasn't around. :unsure:

sidenote: Why do you think Rihanna's moving so damn fast..cuz that bitch knows in the game -YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE ..she aint no dummy. :lol:

I don't think it's because she wasn't around... I think it's because she's just has no direction..

Rihanna is a different story... I'm glad she's moving fast bc she's still producing great songs and albums... her songs aren't timeless but they're still classics during this era of music history... I feel we will remember Rihanna in the next ten years... She's the only person doing an album every year and touring that album every year... I can't think of anyone else who can pull that off

Only two four year breaks:

Stripped 2002

B2b 2006

Bionic 2010

Locus - 2012

She couldn't keep up anyways.. She has no direction... P!nk has the ugly girls and lesbos, Rihanna has the bad ass girls and gays.. Beyonce has the black gays.. Britney the white.. Adele the fatties and world... There's no room for Xtina in today's industry besides sitting on a spinning couch and judging "talented" Americans

*DEAD*....well I have to say I enjoyed Stripped, but I had to look too hard to find something else she did that I just LOOOOOOVVVED, Xtina had the voice but her music was all over the fucking place and not in a good way, what kills me is the fans on this board keep her bumped up and Im like I dont hear it honey. Now Rihanna I get that....totally she continues to slay...I also think Beyonce's music won't do much like her last album didnt do much, I think Rihanna has that spot Beyonce can have that seat. I don't know how well Justin will go over but I think because of the wait he will do well, and he has a good ear for mashing music genres together into something that works so well
  • Upvote 1