TwistedElegance™

Come on, vogue

Let your body move to the music [move to the music]

Hey, hey, hey

Come on, vogue [*whispers* vogue]

Let your body go with the flow [go with the flow]

You know you can do it

juju.gif

"My Asian persuasion, I got them all that's why these bitches out here hating cause I'm........" :filenails:

Madonna film slammed by critics

Pop superstar Madonna's latest film effort W.E. has bombed with critics, who have branded the movie "extraordinarily silly" and "insubstantial".

The Like A Virgin hitmaker stepped behind the camera for the royal drama, which documents the scandalous relationship between Britain's King Edward VIII and American divorcee Wallis Simpson. The monarch abdicated from his royal position in 1936 after their love affair became public.

W.E. had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival in Italy on Thursday, and the first reviews of the film are less than complimentary.

A writer for Britain's The Independent declares, "The film is no masterpiece", while a review in U.K. newspaper The Times states, "Whole scenes could easily be pop videos or perfume adverts. W.E. is about shiny surfaces."

The movie receives a single star rating from Britain's The Guardian, with critic Xan Brooks declaring, "What an extraordinarily silly, preening, fatally mishandled film this is... Her direction is so all over the shop that it barely qualifies as direction at all. W.E. gives us slo-mo and jump cuts and a crawling crane shot up a tree in Balmoral, but they are all just tricks without a purpose."

Grazia's Emma Pritchard Jones adds, "Ultimately, it's as insubstantial as the midnight blue chiffon dress Wallis wears to dine with the King."

However, not all the write-ups are as scathing - Britain's Daily Telegraph reviewer calls the royal biopic "better than expected" and "not without amusing moments".

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2011/09/02/18632861-wenn-story.html

---

Oh dear.

I read all that....translation....Madonna is outta touch...she does not know what moves people out here not at THAT level, I bet she was fascinated reading some book about Royals, she at times, does too damn much, and when it comes to movies, we can all sit back and ask ....how much more than she should do will she do? :filenails:

-_- I take it you don't like Heligoland either then?

Oop, lls. I never get it right. It is great though.

I've never heard it, but I'm listening to it now. I already think I like it more than Mezzanine; it seems more acoustic and organic.

Yeah.

OT: I'm a little worried for Maddy's new album. The only thing about it that concerns me is how she is going back to Orbit, who she hasn't used for such a long time, and it's unlike her to return to an old collaborator like that. I don't want another COAD; you can't top an album like that.

:lmao:morta-che-cammina.gif

but on a more serious not..madonna gets more love here than janet gets on madonna nation

well let's be real, Janet talked shit about Madonna, Madonna took the high road and never "officially" responded to Janet's comments, secondly Madonna has put out more material, and toured more, so overall Madonna gives her fans what they want. We beg Janet for tour dvds that never surface and we have not had a hit song in a decade. So I could see why Janet's name is dirt there, or anywhere for that matter, with the exception of the current tour Janet has done nothing successful in a decade, not an album, not a single, marginal movie roles, I mean it is what it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

well let's be real, Janet talked shit about Madonna, Madonna took the high road and never "officially" responded to Janet's comments, secondly Madonna has put out more material, and toured more, so overall Madonna gives her fans what they want. We beg Janet for tour dvds that never surface and we have not had a hit song in a decade. So I could see why Janet's name is dirt there, or anywhere for that matter, with the exception of the current tour Janet has done nothing successful in a decade, not an album, not a single, marginal movie roles, I mean it is what it is.

"Feedback" was 3 years ago, and it was a hit (Billboard acknowledges it).

Please...lets NOT. :sigh: