The Official Azealia Banks Thread

Aquaria

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not as blown away as I wanted to be, but that's because I love the song so much and my expectations were so high after seeing the first teasers. Nevertheless it's awesome and she's the baddest bitch out right now.

The imagery reminds me very much of Madonna's Bedtime Story video.

I see the similarities as far as their outspokenness and artistic fearlessness, but I don't think she's channeling Kanye at all. I think it's genuinely Azealia.....and she has the acclaim...may not get the sales cause she ain't for everybody. *shrugs* I just love that she pushes limits and expectations of what a (female)hip-hop artist should be....and gives not nary a fuck along the way.

I see the similarities as far as their outspokenness and artistic fearlessness, but I don't think she's channeling Kanye at all. I think it's genuinely Azealia.....and she has the acclaim...may not get the sales cause she ain't for everybody. *shrugs* I just love that she pushes limits and expectations of what a (female)hip-hop artist should be....and gives not nary a fuck along the way.

That's all I was saying. I'ma still check out her debut because she has a bop factor that is different from other females rappers. You can tell her inner gay boy lashes out with those 90's house beats.

But I could never stan for her because she's annoying.

I'm not as blown away as I wanted to be, but that's because I love the song so much and my expectations were so high after seeing the first teasers. Nevertheless it's awesome and she's the baddest bitch out right now.

The imagery reminds me very much of Madonna's Bedtime Story video.

It is very Bedtime Story-esque, but she could have pushed it a little more. I like tho.

That's all I was saying. I'ma still check out her debut because she has a bop factor that is different from other females rappers. You can tell her inner gay boy lashes out with those 90's house beats.

But I could never stan for her because she's annoying.

I don't think my admiration is at stan level yet, but I do like her a lot. Everybody takes issue with her running her mouth, but I feel like she ain't talking no more shit than the average person does on Twitter....like everybody gets to speak their mind but her. I think people give it too much.

I don't get why people make such a big deal about her poppin off on Twitter tbh.

The way she "outed" A$AP Sexy was a gag! :lmao: I said this bitch has balls! :lmao:

I don't think my admiration is at stan level yet, but I do like her a lot. Everybody takes issue with her running her mouth, but I feel like she ain't talking no more shit than the average person does on Twitter....like everybody gets to speak their mind but her. I think people give it too much.

I like her music. Her personality..not so much. She's one of those people where you just either love her or hate her. I wonder if she's a scorpio. :asham: