Laveaux

Yea I watched this last night, I think it's gonna be really good, like I think this is how remakes are supposed to be (at least from what the trailer & info says). It follows the book more than the original does apparently, Im for remakes that serve that kind of purpose.

I'm going to watch it because of Chloe and Julianne. Chloe is giving me everything with that look at the end!

And of course, the naysayers are bringing up Sissy Spacek like we don't know that she SERVED it(and garnered a Oscar nomination for the role). :sigh:

• Upvote 2

How does the book differ from the original movie?

I must say though, even from the trailer, Chloe seems... not awkward or fragile enough. She just comes off as an angsty teen whereas Sissy was more of a raw nerve ending.

But Hotsy already said to not compare so just forget I said that :coffee:

How does the book differ from the original movie?

I must say though, even from the trailer, Chloe seems... not awkward or fragile enough. She just comes off as an angsty teen whereas Sissy was more of a raw nerve ending.

But Hotsy already said to not compare so just forget I said that :coffee:

A lot of little details, but the biggest of all is that in the movie she just burned the school, blew up the bitches car, & implode her house, wheres in the book she pretty much burns down the whole town (which we get a tiny peek at in the trailer). Heres more details about whats left out, alot of which they still didn't do (both Carrie & her mother were fat apparently in the book too).http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080309120211AAVypLe

What's truly cool and funny about Sissy's brilliance as that character......she was in her late 20's...but looked SO damn high school, like all the naked scenes with her seem like I shouldn't be watching this girl naked lol.

• Upvote 1

Julianne Moore is one of my favorites! Underrated actress. She's really up there with the all time greats.

^this.....and no it doesnt look much different from the original movie but it will introduce this film to a whole new audience because the story still holds up so well...that movie was creepy as fuck

The remake looks like it has potential so i hope it does well. But I can't sit through something like "Carrie" again. Truth be told, the subject matter is sad and disturbing. I still haven't seen "Precious" because i just can't put myself through that for two hours. Carrie has a lot of the same elements, plus elements of Horror. I remember watching the original carrie as a child and having it be stuck in my head for days. It is a horror classic up there with "the excorcist" and "psyhco", but unlike those films the subject matter is socially relevant. Carrie is probably more relevant now than it was in the 70s when it came out.

• Upvote 2

The remake looks like it has potential so i hope it does well. But I can't sit through something like "Carrie" again. Truth be told, the subject matter is sad and disturbing. I still haven't seen "Precious" because i just can't put myself through that for two hours. Carrie has a lot of the same elements, plus elements of Horror. I remember watching the original carrie as a child and having it be stuck in my head for days. It is a horror classic up there with "the excorcist" and "psyhco", but unlike those films the subject matter is socially relevant. Carrie is probably more relevant now than it was in the 70s when it came out.

Not only that, but Sissy's unconventional looks makes the movie hit home as well. It was fucked up what happened, but truth be told, that's just how teenagers are. What they didn't realize that Carrie was a telekinetic who had the power to fuck up EVERYTHING. I think that's why it's so many remakes because it's relatable.

Not only that, but Sissy's unconventional looks makes the movie hit home as well. It was fucked up what happened, but truth be told, that's just how teenagers are. What they didn't realize that Carrie was a telekinetic who had the power to fuck up EVERYTHING. I think that's why it's so many remakes because it's relatable.

Exactly!

that why I say its probably more relevant to the times of today than when it first came out. Bullying is a hot topic right now and Carrie is the ultimate Bully film. She had to give'em the business in the end. :yep: There was no other way!

• Upvote 2

Exactly!

that why I say its probably more relevant to the times of today than when it first came out. Bullying is a hot topic right now and Carrie is the ultimate Bully film. She had to give'em the business in the end. :yep: There was no other way!

You are correct..it wasn't as bad as it is now. It's definitely more "now" and I think that's why it's being remade..

I think this remake will be better than that horrible one with that black haired girl..that shit was a mess! :&

You are correct..it wasn't as bad as it is now. It's definitely more "now" and I think that's why it's being remade..

I think this remake will be better than that horrible one with that black haired girl..that shit was a mess! :&

Yeah, that was supposed to be a sequel and the girl was carrie's sister. I like how they expanded on the mythology of the "Carrie" universe. They really talked about how Carrie and her sister got their powers from their father's lineage, which is something I think Stephen highlighted in the book but was never discussed in the film. But other than that, the sequel could have been kept as an idea. The execution wasn't there.

Yeah, that was supposed to be a sequel and the girl was carrie's sister. I like how they expanded on the mythology of the "Carrie" universe. They really talked about how Carrie and her sister got their powers from their father's lineage, which is something I think Stephen highlighted in the book but was never discussed in the film. But other than that, the sequel could have been kept as an idea. The execution wasn't there.

That was cool and all..but it was just a mess and they could have kept that movie.

And I never read the book before. I know it was good.

Exactly!

That's exactly what I was thinking and they can bring in another angle with the whole cyber bullying that's going on as well. It looks like they will go that route by looking at the previews and the girls are holding up their phones when she has the panic attack in the shower. I can see one of them posting it on youtube or facebook humiliating her. I wasn't to sure about this movie, but the fact that Julianne Moore is in it makes me hopeful that this might be one remake to look out for.

I thought you guys were going say it was relevant because of all the high school shootings. You're rooting for Carrie and it feels good when she massacres everyone but after watching this new trailer I was like wait...

I thought you guys were going say it was relevant because of all the high school shootings. You're rooting for Carrie and it feels good when she massacres everyone but after watching this new trailer I was like wait...

That's the turning point of the whole story! It's a good ole revenge slaying that was unexpected..She didn't have to fuck up the whole town, but that's because it felt good to use her "gift".

That's the turning point of the whole story! It's a good ole revenge slaying that was unexpected..She didn't have to fuck up the whole town, but that's because it felt good to use her "gift".

But hotsy doesn't it give you mixed feelings given all of the school tragedies? Those kids were tortured and bullied and found power not in telekinesis but firearms and bombs -_-

But hotsy doesn't it give you mixed feelings given all of the school tragedies? Those kids were tortured and bullied and found power not in telekinesis but firearms and bombs -_-

Well as of late, yeah.. -_- but in the context of Carrie's story, it was warranted. -_-

Right!!!

I mean in the book she slayed the whole damn town! :w00t:

My girl said I'm gonna kill the seed and the apple that produced them!!! >_<:lmao: