Supreme Court Strikes Down DOMA...Gay Rights Huge Victory!

Bailey

From what I can tell- the court decided supporters of the ban lacked standing to appeal, meaning the lower district court’s ruling against Prop 8 stand and marriages in California (alone) resume.

I think some people were hoping for a right-out strike down of Prop 8. That would have open the door to challenging marriage amendments in other states. This just simply reverses California's ban. So this doesn't necessarily kill the gay marriage debate.

I think some people were hoping for a right-out strike down of Prop 8. That would have open the door to challenging marriage amendments in other states. This just simply reverses California's ban. So this doesn't necessarily kill the gay marriage debate.

It doesn't kill it, Michigan has a constitutional ban.....but as for the debate these rulings put huge legal holes in banning gay marriage everywhere, the basis being it violates the US constitution states cannot make laws that violate federal law.

oh you work in one of those kinda places.....I find myself sucking my teeth often around people :filenails:

Yeah I work in the Oil and Gas industry and they are all squirrel hunting conservatives. They get salty anytime Obama farts let alone gay marriage stuff. One tried it the other day at lunch trying to equate gay marriage to "marrying dogs" talking bout slippery slopes and where to draw the line. And everyone in the office know his ass got dragged from overseas cause his adultery with whores was starting to effect business. And he wanna have the audacity to talk about the bible? Oh he is primed for a world class read, and he aint neva gonna like me again after I have to let him know.

That is the worst part the SUPREME hypocrisy they pick and choose what they wanna whine about from the Bible. Who do they care who sucks whose dick or gets it in the ass. Be happy they make so much damn money imo.

• Upvote 2

No it doesn't. It also gives those states that legalized it Federal rights

Gay marriage supporters will have to fight state by state.

Yeah I work in the Oil and Gas industry and they are all squirrel hunting conservatives. They get salty anytime Obama farts let alone gay marriage stuff. One tried it the other day at lunch trying to equate gay marriage to "marrying dogs" talking bout slippery slopes and where to draw the line. And everyone in the office know his ass got dragged from overseas cause his adultery with whores was starting to effect business. And he wanna have the audacity to talk about the bible? Oh he is primed for a world class read, and he aint neva gonna like me again after I have to let him know.

That is the worst part the SUPREME hypocrisy they pick and choose what they wanna whine about from the Bible. Who do they care who sucks whose dick or gets it in the ass. Be happy they make so much damn money imo.

You better read him like the alphabet and gather his ass together!!!

It doesn't kill it, Michigan has a constitutional ban.....but as for the debate these rulings put huge legal holes in banning gay marriage everywhere, the basis being it violates the US constitution states cannot make laws that violate federal law.

States that banned it used DOMA to back it up... Now that DOMA is dead.. They have nothing.. And religion isn't a strong argument

I had the "marry animals" reasoning.. Like that makes sense

you know what pisses me off....all these gay dudes out here that can't commit for shit...and they have the nerve to change their Facebook pic to the pink equality sign....chile please yo ass is a hoe I know..... how do you think we became Facebook friends? :whistle:

you know what pisses me off....all these gay dudes out here that can't commit for shit...and they have the nerve to change their Facebook pic to the pink equality sign....chile please yo ass is a hoe I know..... how do you think we became Facebook friends? :whistle:

The pink equality sign isn't for relationship commitment... It's for equality.. There's a difference

Much like supporting cancer isn't the same thing as condoning spiritual medicine

I thought you were getting hitched to one of them DL Latinos :unsure:

nah and i'm done with Joe aka Isaac. I cut him off. I currently hang out with my best friend who's a bi-curious white boy lol. Too bad the girl he's seeing don't know :filenails:
  • Upvote 1