The River Of Dreams - Billy Joel

Saving Forever For You - Shanice

Shoop - Salt-N-Pepa

Show Me Love - Robin S.

That's The Way Love Goes - Janet Jackson

Weak - SWV

Jade

Jodeci

Kinda hoping Jade,Xscape,Salt N Pepa & 1 SWV song can make it to the top 20........Damnit EnVogue, why the hell didn't yall promote Runaway Love and make that the hit it NEEEDED to be? Same to you TLC about Hat2daback & Get It Up, ESPECIALLY Get it up, I love Morris Day & The Time to pieces, but I always prefered TLC's version, all 3 of them slayed that song sooooo hard, I was pissed it wasnt on their album.

Jodeci

Kinda hoping Jade,Xscape,Salt N Pepa & 1 SWV song can make it to the top 20........Damnit EnVogue, why the hell didn't yall promote Runaway Love and make that the hit it NEEEDED to be? Same to you TLC about Hat2daback & Get It Up, ESPECIALLY Get it up, I love Morris Day & The Time to pieces, but I always prefered TLC's version, all 3 of them slayed that song sooooo hard, I was pissed it wasnt on their album.

Yeah, I've actually been playing "Runaway Love" a lot lately. Timeless song. (in fact, I'm gonna put it on right now lol)

The "Get It Up"'s are about tied for me ~ I guess it depends on my mood lol. I love them both.

For 1993, if I could pick one more song to be a top 5 hit, it'd be Shanice's "It's For You" :blush: (It certainly was a hit here in NJ lol)

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I've actually been playing "Runaway Love" a lot lately. Timeless song. (in fact, I'm gonna put it on right now lol)

The "Get It Up"'s are about tied for me ~ I guess it depends on my mood lol. I love them both.

For 1993, if I could pick one more song to be a top 5 hit, it'd be Shanice's "It's For You" :blush: (It certainly was a hit here in NJ lol)

Damnit and now I gotta play it too, it's almost like the perfect EV song, it has that SMOOOOTH deeply and sexy spoken opening by Max, then comes Cindy's sweet 1st verse, then Terry brings in that heavy voice for the 2nd verse, then Dawn shows most of her range on that "Higher Higher" ("Take MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE") bridge, and then it comes back around to Cindy & Terry for the ending adlibs. The song itself honestly reminds me a TON of That's The Way Love Goes where it's a what I call "Multi-purpuse" song, it relaxes me, yet I can dance to it, groove to it, and it can be a sexual song, their voices arent dominant and aggressive so it works on all levels....it really should've been another hit for them....and it's 1 of my fave videos of theirs, let me go listen to that now myself

I think TLC had the advantage for me that I had never heard The Times before I heard TLC's (that I know of ofcourse) so when I did hear the original my responce was always ".................hmph............it's good..........next track" lol I do like it tho but T-Boz's voice, Chili killed her part, and that's EASILY in my top 3 Left Eye raps lol. "Stay up for the rest of the day, just enough for my tongue to play"!!! And T-Boz being the hype man in the back of her rap also gives me life LOL.

Yea I feel that way with Shoop, I can't even really explain why but it's also 1 of my fave SNP songs

Damnit and now I gotta play it too, it's almost like the perfect EV song, it has that SMOOOOTH deeply and sexy spoken opening by Max, then comes Cindy's sweet 1st verse, then Terry brings in that heavy voice for the 2nd verse, then Dawn shows most of her range on that "Higher Higher" ("Take MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE") bridge, and then it comes back around to Cindy & Terry for the ending adlibs. The song itself honestly reminds me a TON of That's The Way Love Goes where it's a what I call "Multi-purpuse" song, it relaxes me, yet I can dance to it, groove to it, and it can be a sexual song, their voices arent dominant and aggressive so it works on all levels....it really should've been another hit for them....and it's 1 of my fave videos of theirs, let me go listen to that now myself

I think TLC had the advantage for me that I had never heard The Times before I heard TLC's (that I know of ofcourse) so when I did hear the original my responce was always ".................hmph............it's good..........next track" lol I do like it tho but T-Boz's voice, Chili killed her part, and that's EASILY in my top 3 Left Eye raps lol. "Stay up for the rest of the day, just enough for my tongue to play"!!! And T-Boz being the hype man in the back of her rap also gives me life LOL.

Yea I feel that way with Shoop, I can't even really explain why but it's also 1 of my fave SNP songs

Yes I love Dawn's "Take Meeeee" too ~ she's always been my favorite of the group vocally; although Terry's multifaceted voice comes close too, but she's still my favorite to look at lol. Yeah "That's the Way Love Goes" is so many things in one; it's laidback and exciting all at the same time. Everything about it is just so perfect. (It's the plane captain of this year lol) Yeah even though late 1993 was highly competitive, especially with Janet, Mariah, Toni dominating, "Runaway Love" still deserved at least top 10.

Yeah I heard TLC's version first too so it has the edge for me; I was trying not to be biased I guess lol. I really do love them both though; I have a thing for both the funk tracks that jam out to 9 minutes as well as the energetic new jack swing tracks. I guess it's Left Eye's verse that also give TLC that extra edge.

Oh yeah and Tevin Campbell's "Can We Talk" is another that missed the cut. -_-(that was big here in NJ too lol)

• Upvote 1

Jodeci have been eliminated.

Songs remaining (in alphabetical order):

A Whole New World - Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle

Again - Janet Jackson

Don't Walk Away - Jade

Dreamlover - Mariah Carey

Freak Me - Silk

Hero - Mariah Carey

I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston

I'm Every Woman - Whitney Houston

If - Janet Jackson