True Life: I'm An "Artist Formerly Known As "Janet Jackson" Fan

Mr. Wonder

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes! Absolutely hilarious..the gals have been trying their pussies lately. Aside from Madonna, Janet is the premiere female Pop Icon.

I pity these delusional kids. They have absolutely no clue at all. :umm:

Exactly. I don't know why folks love to downplay Janet like she's on Kelly Rowland's level.

A part of me wishes Janet would assert herself more(especially after the SB stunt), but then again, she shouldn't have to. "Control" and "Rhythm Nation" pretty much solidified her iconic status. I know the kiddies of today don't understand the impact, but back then, those albums made her a household name. She was the alternative to Whitney and Anita Baker. She also inspired the other girls to dance in their videos.

A part of me wishes Janet would assert herself more(especially after the SB stunt), but then again, she shouldn't have to.

!!!!

I be so sick of dis bitch playing "Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego" in between projects and ALWAYS trying to maintain a low profile. That's why she's always getting overlooked for stuff. This goes back to the VH1 thread - Janet needs to put herself out there more. She's gotta be more of an attention whore - kinda like how Mariah and Madonna are - but still maintain her class. This reclusive attitude has got to go.

Bonus scenes:

HJJ talking about calling another radio station back in late '06:

It was during one of those "Slam It or Jam It" contests when they play a new song and asks for the listeners to say if they want to continue hearing it on the radio. Well the one I called in for was a "SIOJI" for Ciara's "C.R.U.S.H.".

Me: Slam it and slam it hard.

DJ: Damn! What did you like about it.

Me: Sorry but that crap is so boring.

DJ: Boring? It's a cute little dance song. Don't you wanna dance?

Me: No offense but if I really want to get down and dance, I'd be dancing to Janet instead.

DJ: OOOOHHHHHHH!!!! No you didn't! :lmao: Thank you for your call boo!

My call ended up being the last caller they played :excited: Unfortunately I was the only one with good sense that called and slammed it :thumbdown:

----------------------------------------------------

HJJ's stance on stanning for others and Janet at the same time:

Honestly I don't care as long as the Goddess comes first. What I really can't stan is fake stans and fans *holds up a picture of Little Bill TOF*

One of them that tried it is a Katy Perry stan. I'll make sure to get at them once my profile is approved -_-

Show them no mercy. :whistle:

They worship false prophets. :umm: No substance or impact.

Bingo! I'm glad we grew up in an era with genuine icons who have legitimately earned their slots in pop history. :cheers:

About a month ago I dreamt that I met Janet at a signing for her next book. (idk if she'll have one, this was just the dream) Of course I wore the best I could, can't meet the Goddess with less than your best. She was talking with one of her execs and I walked by while they were setting up. She noticed me looking at the first editions of the book and about to reach for one then she gently touched my hand and giggled a bit. She asked if I had bought True You to which, of course, I replied yes and we discussed a few things about it. My favorite parts, what I felt helped me most, her explaining a little more, etc. I was blushing alot and she smiled kindly and rubbed my hand a little to calm me a bit. I was caught between looking into her lovely dark eyes and staring at my feet. After a moment of silence and me holding my head down she used her other hand to lift my chin and asked my name. I told her and she complimented it with a bit of Spanish to which I answered in the same. She's great at reading people and apparently she saw something she liked in my personality. She bit her bottom lip with a smile then took me aside privately a moment. She winked quickly and signed the book I grabbed and handed it to me as she spoke "You know I have to keep my secrets." I looked confused but nodded sweetly. She hugged me tight and grazed my cheek with her lips away from anyone's view, and exhaled softly against my neck. When we parted, I opened the book slightly to read what she wrote. "Let's keep this friendly for while. Can you wait a little for me?" she wrote, with a smiley face and her cell. I blushed and took out my cell and added her number to it, then texted her "Yes. Because I know you can keep your promises ;)" I turned to look back at her when she was sitting down to sign the other books and her phone rang. She got my message and smiled at me. Then I winked and walked away to my car.

Yeah yeah, mushy love dream, I know. Plenty where these came from, interestingly enough. Not my fault :P

• 4 weeks later...

Becoming a Fan/Stan

I became a fan when I was little. It all started with the janet. album for me. I was in grandfather's car and Again came on the radio and I loved how it sounded, so I asked him who sang it. He told me it was her, now mind you up until then the only Jackson I knew was Michael. So when he said Janet Jackson, I was like "huh?". Then he said she was his sister and I got super excited because I was like "He has a sister??". So when we got to his house with mi abuela, he pulled out all her albums and started playing them one by one and I fell in love. At that point, Rhythm Nation 1814 was my favorite album but my favorite songs were "Again", "That's the Way Love Goes", and "Rhythm Nation". So then I had two favorite artists, a fave female and a fave male. I would always play their music. Since then whenever an album of hers was released, I made sure I was among the first to get a copy. I started collecting posters, stocking up magazines. When I was 6 I saw her acting skills for the first time in NP2, (I was still young so "Poetic Justice" was off limits :asham:). PJ I saw when I was about 12. It was around that time I became a stan. I was going through hell in my personal life. I had no grandparents anymore, my parents were just..oh my god, and I trusted some of the wrong people to get close to. Too many details, but I will say I gained so much appreciation for The Velvet Rope because of what was going on. Suicide talk, abuse, a host of issues. That album saved me. I owe her a hell of alot because of that album. To this day, though I'm young, I will stan for her and for Michael with all I can. And I will support them both. I have all her albums, all her movies and tours(that have been released) on DVD, posters, magazines, singles discs. I've seen her on tour once and will see her again this August on my birthday. I know I'm gonna cry like a baby when "Together Again" is sung. "Again" and "I Get Lonely" too. I hope she sings all three.

Can't wait to hear it ^_^

I'll try to keep it short. ^_^

I love both, but NO..just no!

The original is so uplifting. A celebration of life, not sad and mournful. That's why I LOVE TA so much.

Janet's look in the DR video >>>>>> the original

Janet's soft tone in the DR song >>>>> the original

I feel the like DR is more personal and heartfelt. I FEEL it better than the original.

Janet's look in the DR video >>>>>> the original

Janet's soft tone in the DR song >>>>> the original

I feel the like DR is more personal and heartfelt. I FEEL it better than the original.

The original video is more than just a look, and it's a beautiful/symbolic video. I love both tho.

I feel the original has that "smile through the tears" feel to it. The longing for that person is there and it's real, but it's more of a celebration of life. Joyous and uplifting.

I first received a scripture from the Holy Book in the late summer of 1993.

10commandmentstop.jpg

I was just a young boy, six years old, watching MTV (I had very liberal parents). It was when the "If" video was slowly losing steam and "Again" was slowly becoming popular. I first took notice of Janet and music. When I saw the "Again" video I was just taken aback at God in human form. :o

I looked at my dad's collection and noticed that he had Chapter 4 of the Holy Book:

rhythm-nation-1814-janet-jackson.JPG

I started listening to the album regularly, and the first song I remember playing was "Escapade". I love that song, and still do. ^_^ I kept that album in heavy rotation all through the year. In 1994, ATAP dropped and that's when I fell in love with Janet. Why was I watching this video at 7? Hell if I know. Again, my parents were quite liberal.

The next year, the first appendix of the Holy Book was released:

album-design-of-a-decade-19861996.jpg

And it featured the newest scripture, "Runawaysus".

This is when I knew there was no turning back. Everyone else was pushed to the side. And when the "Scream" video dropped, that's when I became an MJ fan. ^_^ I remember MTV, back when they were about the music, played the IGL video sooooo much I learned the whole routine just by watching the video because they played it THAT much. The TA(DR) video was released as well and I thought that was a very beautiful video.

4 years later Chapter 7 of the Holy Book was released:

janetallforyou.jpg

The AFY routine is the first Janet routine that I had learned from start to finish. :lmao: DJ and Superbowl was a trying time for a young Witness, but I pulled through. 20YO was the same, as was Discipline. -_- And now I'm in a new space. :thumbup:

The original video is more than just a look, and it's a beautiful/symbolic video. I love both tho.

I feel the original has that "smile through the tears" feel to it. The longing for that person is there and it's real, but it's more of a celebration of life. Joyous and uplifting.

And the DR has a more coping feel to it that I like. That's part of the reason why I prefer it as well. -_-

In 1993, I was a sophomore in HS. When the Janet. album dropped, it was doomsday. Gone was the girl in black, but emerged a confident, sexy woman who completely took over the world. Titles like "Queen of Pop" and "Queen of Dance" were coming to fruition. I must admit, I didn't care to much for "TTWLG" on first listen. I wanted a dance track first, since that is what I was used to. But Janet came out on a whole different level. Smooth and sultry, it became her longest running number 1 single. I fell in love with it of course. But when "If" dropped, it was pandemonium. Every talent show had the iconic routine done. The video once again set the bar for choreography. This era put Janet on the level of her brother and her contemporaries. She was arguably, the biggest pop star out. Once "Again" and "ATAP" dropped, the album was still selling like hotcakes. It was another commercial success! I remember "You Want This" being played at the school dances. Everyone had to do the butterfly when it came on.. :lmao: Dookie braids were worn by the gals in high school and every girl tried to wear the half shirts. I was on the brink of stan-dom during this era. -_-