TLC wants your money to fund new album...

bu.

I think it's a good thing, and something more artists should look into. Not necessarily a Kickstarter Campaign, but looking for non-traditional methods to fund their projects. Especially, legends in the business.

TLC could find a label that would sign them, but they would end up in a situation where they have very little creative control, and not have the backing they need in terms of promotion. 

They can put out the project for much less and (possibly) sign a simple distribution deal with a major label. It's a win-win situation for them when you really think about it. 

• Upvote 1

I think it's a good thing, and something more artists should look into. Not necessarily a Kickstarter Campaign, but looking for non-traditional methods to fund their projects. Especially, legends in the business.

TLC could find a label that would sign them, but they would end up in a situation where they have very little creative control, and not have the backing they need in terms of promotion. 

They can put out the project for much less and (possibly) sign a simple distribution deal with a major label. It's a win-win situation for them when you really think about it. 

Um no! 

• Upvote 1

The comparison is you said TLC's failures had nothing to do with this industry which is not true.  People wanted to hear music from them when their last video with Neyo came out but due to circumstances beyond their control no music was released.   I don't see how you can list Janet's accomplishments in the midst of her bad times but then get on TLC fans for doing the same thing.  

Winning at Kickstarter isn't something their fans should be bragging about. It's like Lil Kim bragging about PayPal sales.

• 4 months later...

Watch everybody sue their ass . This was a bad idea from the start... If a label aint willing to put their coins on you then...

I understand that they are used to big things but thats not where they are right now... They should do what most indie acts do when they want to drop an album... tour lil venues and clubs to collect the coins to do it.

They are still stuck on this idea that they are major... The albums are masterpieces and classics but so are their debts and bankruptcies.

• Upvote 3

Arent they still on tour? :mellow: i believe they werent gonna start recording until their tour was over. They were still colleting funds while they were doin promo for the tour ...cause even New Kinds On The Block donated :umm:

Yall act like they collected the money a yr ago :blink::lol: ...too recent to expect news and/or an album for that matter. Newsflash...albums take time.

Newsflash - artists can record whilst being on tour. They raised enough to set up a pop up studio. It's not impossible. Have they even released any updates on it? Who they're working with etc? 5 months is enough to time give some info. 

The estimated delivery was September. Does this mean a single soon or is it pushed back?

• Upvote 1

Newsflash - artists can record whilst being on tour. They raised enough to set up a pop up studio. It's not impossible. Have they even released any updates on it? Who they're working with etc? 5 months is enough to time give some info.

The estimated delivery was September. Does this mean a single soon or is it pushed back?

TC aren't artists.. They're two desperate hags who won't retire

You're far too invested in a timeline. Estimated delivery? I dont recall them ever giving a possible date of a release or anything of that nature. If so, i missed that interview. And btw EVERY artist do NOT record while they are on the road. Juss becus they can doesnt mean they will. Alot of artists wait til they can get back in the studio and fully focus on recording. I wasnt expecting anything soon since i knew they were busy right now with other things...i dnt know why you were. An album can take two weeks up to 10 million yrs to make.. and youre antsy over 6months? Bu, come on now. You would have a point if they were not on tour. Be patient
  • Upvote 1

You're far too invested in a timeline. Estimated delivery? I dont recall them ever giving a possible date of a release or anything of that nature. If so, i missed that interview. And btw EVERY artist do NOT record while they are on the road. Juss becus they can doesnt mean they will. Alot of artists wait til they can get back in the studio and fully focus on recording. I wasnt expecting anything soon since i knew they were busy right now with other things...i dnt know why you were. An album can take two weeks up to 10 million yrs to make.. and youre antsy over 6months? Bu, come on now. You would have a point if they were not on tour. Be patient

Be patient... For a TC album :lmao:

That's funny tho, like for real

I think it said something like September is the earliest it would come, Im not sweating it tho, it's coming, and they're worth the money so eh, they can take their time, they're legends & the most successful girl group in the U.S.  its not like they have to compete with anyone :coffee:

• Upvote 1

They said the 'prizes' would be dispatched Sept 2015 according to the kickstarter. Recall the link and check. We all know dates change all the time. I also never said every artist records on tour. I said that they have the means to do so and many do. I'm not invested at all - I didn't donate :asham:. I'm just curious as to what the progress on it is since I kinda like them. 

If I had donated or invested I would want some reasonable updates.  Just so its not we will get you a new album one day type deal.  That doesn't mean it should be rushed either.  But, to keep it from being too open ended there should be some timelines they could present.  When you ask for public money there is a different expectation than say Janet recording an album when she wants too with her money/label money.

Arent they still on tour? :mellow: i believe they werent gonna start recording until their tour was over. They were still colleting funds while they were doin promo for the tour ...cause even New Kinds On The Block donated :umm:

Yall act like they collected the money a yr ago :blink::lol: ...too recent to expect news and/or an album for that matter. Newsflash...albums take time.

They said the 'prizes' would be dispatched Sept 2015 according to the kickstarter. Recall the link and check. We all know dates change all the time. I also never said every artist records on tour. I said that they have the means to do so and many do. I'm not invested at all - I didn't donate :asham:. I'm just curious as to what the progress on it is since I kinda like them.

Sept? But this is June....sooooo what does that.....um ..nevermind

There is no progress. They havent started recording yet. :umm: Theres the answer to your question..Ladies & Gentlemen -_-

Sept? But this is June....sooooo what does that.....um ..nevermind

There is no progress. They havent started recording yet. :umm: Theres the answer to your question..Ladies & Gentlemen -_-

Sept is not far away :rolleyes: