NEW JANET TWEET!!

RedSimba

I will bet hard w/ anyone that this album will be in the vein of RN1814. Didn't Jimmy tweet something about this month regarding "casualties" and the Baltimore riots while working w/ Janet. I don't think this album will be "light" like the last three (still LOVE DJ, 2O, Disc. tho)

She knows the stakes are high, she knows people are hungry for Janet w/ a message. I believe this album has been in production since late 09 after MJ died...she took her time ala control, rn1814, janet, tvr, afy. I'm just anticipating good music while letting everything else fall in place. I don't expect radio to embrace her but the buzz will be huge no doubt.

Am i the only one thinking that there is going to be a digital album first ? 

Last rumors about Atlantic were SHATTERED by the label execs. so i guess she is still  has no label? I think that she is hunting for one, at least for a distribution deal since she is doing the album all by herself.

For the ppl who wanted a follow up right after Disc.. I was saying NO!! Let Janet take her time so she can really get in that kitchen and cook up something we can really sink our teeth into. Now if she would have came as quick as yall wanted.. it would have been another useless "light" album w/ no true depth. Janet's good material is ALWAYS worth the wait.

• Upvote 1

For the ppl who wanted a follow up right after Disc.. I was saying NO!! Let Janet take her time so she can really get in that kitchen and cook up something we can really sink our teeth into. Now if she would have came as quick as yall wanted.. it would have been another useless "light" album w/ no true depth. Janet's good material is ALWAYS worth the wait.

I admitted that I wanted a follow-up because I just wanted to hear Janet, but I was realistic and completely understood that she need to take a long break after that disaster of an era.

• Upvote 1

You are so right. I was guilty for throwing fits when Janet was "taking too dammed long." However, I now realize how awesome it is for Janet to have us yearning for her, waiting for her, then throw something like this out. The longer, the better.

• Upvote 1

We really need to come together for this era. Request parties, Posters, Social media promotion and the whole 9 yards.

We should all start by changing our FB and Twitter profile pics to the black and white pic with her name. :)

I have 50k+ on Facebook, almost 20k on Twitter, 1k+ on Instagram, and 7k+ on Tumblr.

I'm so ready to help out in any way I can.

We really need to come together for this era. Request parties, Posters, Social media promotion and the whole 9 yards.

We should all start by changing our FB and Twitter profile pics to the black and white pic with her name. :)

Send Wissam my way but tell ha my services aint cheap 

nlgwJKD.gif

• Upvote 2

Janet's about to come back in a BIG way. I can feel the excitement. The world is hungry for whatever she's serving. I haven't felt this level of anticipation and hype from the GP during my time of being a fan(2006 To Infinity) until now.

Obviously no one is selling millions of copies anymore but she has the opportunity and lane to get some major critical acclaim, do some decent numbers for today's standards, get back in the good graces with the media/GP and re-establish herself as a major touring act.

This era s off to a great start.

• Upvote 1