BURNITUP Released to iTUNES + YouTube Stream

chile I don't know but they did that. who makes a quality dance song?! Its so many elements at work on this song with layers and layers of production...I hear something new everytime I play it. I am impressed!

I mean!  The beginning and the ending are off the charts and as a whole the song is pure beat.  Amazing production.  Love Janet's delivery.  Come on Chinstrap! I'm gonna need one while dancing to this song! :lmao:  Don't want my head falling off rolling off the dance floor. 

• Upvote 1

Game kept telling y'all that "Unbreakable" was just a fan gift and not a single and y'all kept swearing up and down that "Unbreakable" was a single. I'm glad that it has finally been settled. And I'm also glad that "BURNITUP!" was the single choice. This is a HOT song, no pun intended. I hope beyond hope that it is successful for Janet and Missy, but even if it's not, it's still a banging song.

tumblr_mxclg2Rttt1qzberoo1_500.gif

• Upvote 4

This new sound is an acquired taste. New WaveNET tbh.

It's interesting that you say that cause it does have an 80's throwback with the Vanity 6 sample and it's not pure hip hop either.  It's very Euro which explains why Janet is going to give it a huge push in the U.K.  An acquired taste usually means you will come to like it when you open up yourself to different sounds and experiences.  

I mean!  The beginning and the ending are off the charts and as a whole the song is pure beat.  Amazing production.  Love Janet's delivery.  Come on Chinstrap! I'm gonna need one while dancing to this song! :lmao:  Don't want my head falling off rolling off the dance floor. 

It thumps. It has so many funky qualities to it, I love that about it. This is one of them songs that you stomp down the runway to. I think those who are confused will GET IT once that video drops, I just hope its sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

Something is missing.. its not grabbing me like i want it to. Kinda sounds unmastered

Agreed. But it's growing on me... I think I have a harder time on songs where she sings in a lower register. I also think her voice is just deeper these days.

The video WILL definitely help. I hope she already filmed it so she doesn't have to rush production on a day off from the tour.

• Upvote 1

It sounds like that probably because yall heard the live version first. Live version feels a lot more "full" and grand than the studio version. 

I think thats what it is... the bass is alot heavier live. Its not as hard hitting on record and thats what i was expecting. Wish the bass was a lil heavier.. thats the only minor issue i have 

Edited by janetDAYZ

Trust me it'll sound better once we all hear it in the car or in the club or bar. Hearing it on computer is nothing. I'm also wondering why Itunes is only letting me hear 1:40 seconds of the song when I pre-ordered the album

I have listened to it multiple times. Are you going to your music on your phone?

Trust me it'll sound better once we all hear it in the car or in the club or bar. Hearing it on computer is nothing. I'm also wondering why Itunes is only letting me hear 1:40 seconds of the song when I pre-ordered the album

I heard it in my car