Official "Unbreakable" album thread. What's your favorite song so far?

JoeJoe

I've listened to the entire album several times, but my standouts are...'the great forever, well traveled, broken hearts heal, gon be alright, black eagle, dream maker/euphoria'

the only songs i didnt care for were 2 be loved and damn baby, 'damn baby is starting to grow on me.those 2 songs just sound a little too basic on this lush diverse body of work.

Im trying so hard to listen to the rest of the album in full but DAMN BABY has me stuck!! Im addicted :mellow:  been listening on repeat at work for the past 3hrs ..OMG I LOVEEEEEEEEE THIS FUCKING SONG..  #StandOutTrack

:lol: I had it on repeat too but I had to stop myself cause I saw what was happening. I have it as my ringtone now tho

Edited by JoeJoe

Is anybody else loving the "No Sleeep" (AFSheen Remix)? I love it! I think I like it better than both of the other versions. Someone said that Janet said she'll be performing the AFSheen remix on the Japanese leg of the tour

Yes - I was thinking if that was released it could've fucked the hot 100 up!

Yes - I was thinking if that was released it could've fucked the hot 100 up!

Yes I can't wait to see footage of her performing it during the Japanese leg. IDK why she doesn't do that here? I guess she thinks America isn't used to that kind of music or something

I dont think a single record on here could be called "filler"

Not one at all.....it took me a while to get to Dammn Baby but I'm loving it now.  Not that I didn't at first, some songs just spoke to me a lot quicker.

I love Jimmy's background vocals on some of these tracks like Take Me Away and Well Traveled.  Go ahead Jimmy! 

• Upvote 1

I dont think a single record on here could be called "filler"

agreed!!!

Not one at all.....it took me a while to get to Dammn Baby but I'm loving it now.  Not that I didn't at first, some songs just spoke to me a lot quicker.

I love Jimmy's background vocals on some of these tracks like Take Me Away and Well Traveled.  Go ahead Jimmy! 

are you serious? Most of the fans loved it at first listen. I take it you don't listen to r&b too much? As I said before I love the guitar in "TAKE ME AWAY".

Its so much to take in Im really navigating the depths and trying to get the lyrics. I must say my song on repeat is "The Great Forever" I love that song

agreed!!!

are you serious? Most of the fans loved it at first listen. I take it you don't listen to r&b too much? As I said before I love the guitar in "TAKE ME AWAY".

I don't listen to R&B as much as I use to as I think it's changed a lot.....I listen to a lot of different types of music but I must say I don't listen to the radio as much these days so you can say the same thing about pop and rock music.  The only radio station I listen to is KCRW.  I liked the beat at first for Dammn Baby trust me but like I said the other songs gravitated towards me first.  I was even skipping over Burn It Up when I was listening to the whole album and I love that track too.  I'm just really impressed with some of the influences on this album.  I mean there is even some Burt Bacharach influence on some of the songs whenever you hear horns. 

I don't listen to R&B as much as I use to as I think it's changed a lot.....I listen to a lot of different types of music but I must say I don't listen to the radio as much these days so you can say the same thing about pop and rock music.  The only radio station I listen to is KCRW.  I liked the beat at first for Dammn Baby trust me but like I said the other songs gravitated towards me first.  I was even skipping over Burn It Up when I was listening to the whole album and I love that track too.  I'm just really impressed with some of the influences on this album.  I mean there is even some Burt Bacharach influence on some of the songs whenever you hear horns. 

I can say when she called for horns on "Gone B Alright" I loved them :wub:

• Upvote 1

Its so much to take in Im really navigating the depths and trying to get the lyrics. I must say my song on repeat is "The Great Forever" I love that song

Yeah I'm now listening to that a lot more too.  She slays that song with her delivery and vocals and the melody is fiyah!  The 4 constant repeats I start with are The Great Forever, Well Traveled, Take Me Away, and Night.  You really hear the Burt Bacharach influence in Broken Hearts Heal. I haven't even told my mother about the new Janet CD and she just came over and the album was playing and she said is that the new Janet CD as "Well Travelled" was playing.  She loved "Well Travelled" and said Janet should sing more songs in that vein.  If Janet had done that movie with Lee Daniels this is the type of song I imagined her singing in it. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'm now listening to that a lot more too.  She slays that song with her delivery and vocals and the melody is fiyah!  The 4 constant repeats I start with are The Great Forever, Well Traveled, Take Me Away, and Night.  You really hear the Burt Bacharach influence in Broken Hearts Heal. I haven't even told my mother about the new Janet CD and she just came over and the album was playing and she said is that the new Janet CD as "Well Travelled" was playing.  She loved "Well Travelled" and said Janet should sing more songs in that vein.  If Janet had done that movie with Lee Daniels this is the type of song I imagined her singing in it. 

that's another noted thing, her singing on the entire album....she kicked things into high gear...Ima say this....folks its gonna be hard to hate on janet for this album...Im sorry folks can try it...but dont <_<

Im getting kinda "folksy" vibes over the album....thats the energy i get :unsure: its the element that resonates the best

Most definitely on some songs!  I'm sure we are going to get those fans that are going to complain and say they wanted more "dance" like songs but I'm sorry kids this album is for the fans that have been with Janet since the days of "Control" and have grown up with her.  She threw the children a couple of dance songs to quench their thirst but this album as a whole is truly about growth.  Some fans have to remember that Janet's influences as a child were Sly and The Family Stone along with Joni Mitchell. I would love Janet's next album to be completely a la Joni Mitchell. 

Edited by freexone9
  • Upvote 2