Janet Hits #1 for the Seventh Time!

Janet's enters the UK Billboard charts today at #11. Her highest I believe for first week sales as far as albums. Come on chinstrap! 

really? That seems so low to debut at no.11. Are you sure not even the "janet." album didn't even debut higher?

really? That seems so low to debut at no.11. Are you sure not even the "janet." album didn't even debut higher?

I think Damn Bu would be able to answer your question on that....I know that the Janet album peaked at number 1 in the UK for two weeks but as far as it's entry I don't think it entered top 10 but I could be wrong.  I believe her highest entry for first week was for "All For You" and I'm thinking maybe top 50. 

Edited by freexone9

Well that's MUCH better than where her last 3 albums debuted in the UK. I love that I'm seeing TV ads and posters over here in London. I saw a huge Unbreakable poster this morning at one of the busiest train stations here...I :D so hard. Considering No Sleep didn't chart and she hasn't stepped foot here, that is a very respectable entry.

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 1

I think Damn Bu would be able to answer your question on that....I know that the Janet album peaked at number 1 in the UK for two weeks but as far as it's entry I don't think it entered top 10 but I could be wrong.  I believe her highest entry for first week was for "All For You" and I'm thinking maybe top 50. 

I'm not really sure about where her pre-Damita Jo albums entered tbh as it was so long ago :lol:. I usually go off of Wikipedia if it has a source lol. Discipline and 20YO both debuted at 63 though and fell off (due to lack of promo here tbh). 11 is much better considering she hasn't promoted at all and has barely released a single too

Edited by Dammn Bu

Joe,...

Janet is not thriving like that in the UK. Janet's team never tried hard to market her there idk why but the UK has never been a priority to her which is why she isnt as massive there as she could be. 

I actually recall reading somewhere that as HUGE as RN was as an era (singles, chart positions, sales ) none of the RN singles charted well and/or at all in the UK. So that tells you something. How could she slay the hell outta our charts but not do shit on theirs? No push. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1