Adele is married

bu.

IM SAYIN LOL, The excuses though, and in reality it seems the complete opposite of her being manufactured. I mean her charm is that she's NOT manufactured, she's not trying to promote a perfume, a hair product, a clothing line, a pie. And she's not following ANY trends that everyone else is doing. Again I can get you don't get her but why you gotta just lie n shit I dont understand. Like have some of yall ever even seen a interview by her?....if you have and you still call her manufactured, Ima need you to not use that word again cause....that's called real:unsure:

How is she manufactured? 

I think it's crazy to find reasons to hate on her. She's succeeding for all the right reasons and is a welcome change of pace to all this other actual manufactured shit. 

They need something to hate on. She writes her own music until some people (Celine Dion)

speaking of Celine Dion.. Adele broke her record in Canada for largest first week sales kiiii

she's done plenty of promotion so far lol. Television interviews and performances and radio interviews as well

Really? I haven't seen anything yet :lmao:. I know she did a Graham Norton special, NRJ awards and one radio interview. What else has she done? I'm so behind on these girls and their promo

She is a fad and she is heavily manufactured. Until she is in this industry at least 10 years with consistent music she is a fad.  She is doing what boy bands did back in the early 2000's the only difference is she has a bit of talent.  She is overrated as hell.  She is equivalent to when we have the summer olympics and the US picks an athlete they want to be the face of the games.  Like a Carl Lewis or Marion Jones.  They get shoved down our throats 24/7 giving them an opportunity to break records.  

You characterise a fad by a ten-year window? Wow. No. A fad by definition is short-lived, like Crunk&B, Kris Kross or The Macarena. What is Adele's music if not consistent? There's been little in the way of experimentation with her sound, and her rate of release mirrors countless fellow artists. This notion that she takes extended breaks is exacerbated by the sheer size of the 21 era. It stretched on long after its singles had charted and then she delivered Skyfall. That only left a three-year wait for new material which is standard for most artists. She's hardly Lauryn Hill.

As for being manufactured, that's a joke. It's a challenge to think of a more personable artist than Adele, from her stage shows to her interviews there is no veneer, and her albums are literal representations of her place in life at the time, with at least half of the writing done by her on every song excluding two for which she collaborated with hitmaking teams and another two which were covers. Also it's clear that everyone runs on her watch. I'd like to see a boy band scrap tour dates at the rate Adele has done in the past - they'd be dropped or replaced in a minute. I don't see the comparison to those athletes either. Shoving them down your throat is not what gives them the opportunity to break records, their performance does. Adele is at the peak of her powers right now, and it probably can't last forever, but the saturation of 25 is propelled by an ecstatic and wide-reaching fanbase and a subset of the public who are happy to buy records the way we used to. Quit hating.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Y'all giving Adele too much. Yes she's talented and can sing. Vocalist? Hell no. Fantasia= Vocalist, Christina= Vocalist, Celine= Vocalist, Mariah= Vocalist, Toni= Vocalist, Whitney= Vocalist, and Brandy= Vocalist. Oh and y'all saying she's not boring on stage is just straight up denial. The woman is boring lol. Doesn't matter if she talks about or explains each song it doesn't mean she's not boring. 

Edited by JoeJoe

Really? I haven't seen anything yet :lmao:. I know she did a Graham Norton special, NRJ awards and one radio interview. What else has she done? I'm so behind on these girls and their promo

Jimmy Fallon and SNL also. Don't know what else but the girl has been all over and doing way more promotion via facebook with over 60 million followers

Ugh Joe....saying Adele isn't a vocalists doesn't warrant you the authority on who to say is in denial.....Cause....it's kinda common knowlege that she's a vocalist like anyone up there.  Hell maybe more so than a few, powerhouse is debatable but she's someone who's vocals are their main focus, thus she's DEFINITELY a vocalist. Her vocals and how she sings (ofcourse her writing too) is how she got attention just like every major vocalist. Again you can not like her, but if we're giving her too much it's clear you're not giving her enough.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

show me how adele is a vocalist? Vocalists can do runs. Adele can't. If she's a vocalist then she's a very limited one. As I said overrated and you all are proving it by having every excuse to why she's this and that as if she's the perfect specimen. Nothing about this impresses me. Nothing. She did nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. As I said she's a good singer but that's it. She won't be getting vocalist from me anytime soon. No runs no vocalist

• Upvote 1

Um Joe, can you show me where it's written EVERY vocalist must do runs to be considered 1? Cause...you do know there's like TONS of great vocalists who don't do runs (Karen Carpenter who's recognized as 1 of the best vocalists on the planet yet she wasn't a powerhouse by any means nor was she doing runs). Like I guess if the churchy over the top runs and belts is what qualify's as a vocalist to you, I guess I can see that, but she's a person who's vocals are what got her where she is and get crazy respect & recognition for it, she's a vocalist, and it's going to take more than "she don't do runs" to convince anyone who don't agree otherwise.

Hell I'm not a Streisand fan but can someone who is tell me if she (who's also recognized as 1 of the best vocalists of all time) is known for her runs?

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Um Joe, can you show me where it's written EVERY vocalist must do runs to be considered 1? Cause...you do know there's like TONS of great vocalists who don't do runs (Karen Carpenter who's recognized as 1 of the best vocalists on the planet yet she wasn't a powerhouse by any means nor was she doing runs). Like I guess if the churchy over the top runs and belts is what qualify's as a vocalist to you, I guess I can see that, but she's a person who's vocals are what got her where she is and get crazy respect & recognition for it, she's a vocalist, and it's going to take more than "she don't do runs" to convince anyone who don't agree otherwise.

Hell I'm not a Streisand fan but can someone who is tell me if she (who's also recognized as 1 of the best vocalists of all time) is known for her runs?

It's not written anywhere that every vocalist must do runs just like it isn't written that everybody has to have vibrato in order to be able to sing. Taylor Swift can't sing worth a damn but she's called a singer. Karen is a great singer. Would I say she's a great vocalist no. Why do runs mean they're churchy. Barbara, Christina, and Toni all do runs and they're all vocalists except only Christina is known for her runs especially the over the top ones. I never said you have to be known for runs but if you're gonna be considered a vocalist in many people's books then even if you don't do them at least know how. 

It's not written anywhere that every vocalist must do runs just like it isn't written that everybody has to have vibrato in order to be able to sing. Taylor Swift can't sing worth a damn but she's called a singer. Karen is a great singer. Would I say she's a great vocalist no. Why do runs mean they're churchy. Barbara, Christina, and Toni all do runs and they're all vocalists except only Christina is known for her runs especially the over the top ones. I never said you have to be known for runs but if you're gonna be considered a vocalist in many people's books then even if you don't do them at least know how. 

But who's to say Adele doesn't know how because she doesn't do them? Personally, I'd prefer not doing runs to overdoing runs and putting them where they don't belong like Christina does (and you KNOW I love he, but it's literally my only beef with her vocally). And what you said about Karen is my point to why you can't mix what you define as a vocalist to everyone else. Karen is in my eyes and most a GREAT vocalists the control, the tone, the range, the technique, the soul/emotion, she's someone who gets refferenced from vocalists & singers & musicians of all kinds for a reason. Like I get it it's your opinion but , you can't be so surprised that VERY few agree with that opinion.

Runs have nothing to do with being a vocalist. A run is a musical idea associated with musicianship. Vocalists can do runs, so can singers. What separates a singer and a vocalist is that a vocalist's voice is fine tuned and used as an instrument, and vocalists focus on production of sound. A singer tells a story through depth and musicianship. Adele isn't really a vocalist, as her voice isn't as developed in terms of technique. She doesn't have the training of someone like Beyonce, who is a vocalist, but that doesn't mean she can't get there. Adele is a talented singer, for now. 

And JoeJoe is just doing more than what was ever required of him. :sigh: 

Love me some Karen Carpenter. Timeless. 

Runs have nothing to do with being a vocalist. A run is a musical idea associated with musicianship. Vocalists can do runs, so can singers. What separates a singer and a vocalist is that a vocalist's voice is fine tuned and used as an instrument, and vocalists focus on production of sound. A singer tells a story through depth and musicianship. Adele isn't really a vocalist, as her voice isn't as developed in terms of technique. She doesn't have the training of someone like Beyonce, who is a vocalist, but that doesn't mean she can't get there. Adele is a talented singer, for now. 

And JoeJoe is just doing more than what was ever required of him. :sigh: 

As I have been saying this whole time but others make up excuses and refuse to believe it. I did give the girl credit cause it ain't like I said she can't sing. In fact the whole time i've been saying she's a good singer but that's all she gets from me. They can live in fantasy land all they want but if it makes them happy then I guess

chilling-gorilla-lloking-at-mouse_zps27c

• Downvote 1

Billboard: Adele's '25' Sales Climb to 4.2 Million in U.S., May Sell 950K in Second Week

Quote:
Adele's 25 has now sold more than 4.2 million in the U.S., according to Nielsen Music.

After processing the first sales reports through Dec. 1, Nielsen Music says that 25 has sold at least 840,000 copies in its second week on sale in the U.S. Combined with the 3.38 million 25 sold in its first week (Nov. 20-Nov. 26), the album has now sold more than 4.2 million in pure album sales. The album’s second tracking week began on Nov. 27.

If it manages a million, it would then become the first album in Nielsen history to sell a million copies in two different weeks. (Nielsen began tracking point-of-sale music purchases in 1991.)

HITS: "ADELE NOW LOOKING AT 7 MILLION BY YEAR'S END"

HITS: '25' 1M+; 7M+ by 2015's end (US)

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=298737

Quote:
TOP 15: ADELE'S MULTIPLE MILLIONS? (UPDATE)

Adele may add even more to the record books, as she looks to move more than 1m in second-week sales. No artist has ever sold over 1m in two consecutive weeks. We’ll be keeping an eye on the numbers every morning until the chart closes. Adele now looks like she may move 7m+ by the end of 2015.

Adele (XL/Columbia) 1m+ albums, 1.03m-1.05m SPS [25]