Jump to content
Mr. Wonder

The Janet Jackson Charts Thread

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Well, at least it landed in the Hot 100! Any chance it could rise up the charts??? ?

It's sales played a big part. Fortunately it did chart! Regardless, the song is doing what it needs to do B)

It's radio spins and streaming numbers need to go up. Rhythmic and UAC are playing the song but Top 40 isn't. The song has been added to a few Spotify playlists as well and it's streams are steady. If all goes well, the song will climb/chart in the next few months or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BlackCat77 said:

It's sales played a big part. Fortunately it did chart! Regardless, the song is doing what it needs to do B)

It's radio spins and streaming numbers need to go up. Rhythmic and UAC are playing the song but Top 40 isn't. The song has been added to a few Spotify playlists as well and it's streams are steady. If all goes well, the song will climb/chart in the next few months or so. 

source.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty dope. I was wondering how it would do on the dance charts...good for Janet

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s great that the single is finding some sucess at least and I believe Janet has the most #1 hits on the dance charts after Madonna? ?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

That’s great that the single is finding some sucess at least and I believe Janet has the most #1 hits on the dance charts after Madonna? ?

She was in 2009. She’s in fourth place now. Madonna, Rihanna and Beyoncé are ahead of her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, Black Eagle said:

She was in 2009. She’s in fourth place now. Madonna, Rihanna and Beyoncé are ahead of her.

wtf how many does Thiefyonce have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

wtf how many does Thiefyonce have?

Beyoncé has 22. Janet would probably have more had she cared to do anything with Unbreakable after it was released. She got lazy and was rightfully passed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black Eagle said:

Beyoncé has 22. Janet would probably have more had she cared to do anything with Unbreakable after it was released. She got lazy and was rightfully passed.

omg don't even remind me about that era with the all female dancers, those ugly ass Harem pants costumes, and the nerve of her not to promote. Let's not even talk about what she submitted to the grammys and in what categories she submitted them to.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

Beyoncé has 22. Janet would probably have more had she cared to do anything with Unbreakable after it was released. She got lazy and was rightfully passed.

I don’t honestly know where to begin deconstructing a post that paints Janet as “lazy” because you didn’t like the outcome. First let’s begin with the notion that Janet chose not to promote of her own volition or that you have evidence to support such a notion. Could it be dare I say that Janet was in the midst of managing a very volatile situation. Married to a Billionaire whom she would soon separate from entirely. Attempting to please fans and a husband that couldn’t resist putting his two cents in as to how she could look and who could perform on stage with her and who couldn’t. All of this culminating in what I believe was the last ditch effort to save a failing marriage....let’s start a family. My point here is I truly believe Janet wanted to get out there and do a lot more but her hands were tied and if anyone thinks she was being lazy look at how visible Janet’s been post divorce. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, Black Eagle said:

She was in 2009. She’s in fourth place now. Madonna, Rihanna and Beyoncé are ahead of her.

While I find both Beyoncé and Rihanna entertaining I think it’s important to qualify their achievements so that artists such as Janet and Madonna are placed within an appropriate context. Madonna and Janet have been in this business over 4 decades accumulating dance hits meanwhile female acts not seen as veterans and rightfully so flooded the market with song after song ad nausem simply because their “hot” and popular the penultimate metric again and again of any artist is standing the test of time. We are so quick to qualify Beyoncé and Rihanna as having surpassed veteran icons when they haven’t been solo artists even half as long. In short let’s delay this conversation for two more decades and see where they are then. :filenails: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John.... said:

While I find both Beyoncé and Rihanna entertaining I think it’s important to qualify their achievements so that artists such as Janet and Madonna are placed within an appropriate context. Madonna and Janet have been in this business over 4 decades accumulating dance hits meanwhile female acts not seen as veterans and rightfully so flooded the market with song after song ad nausem simply because their “hot” and popular the penultimate metric again and again of any artist is standing the test of time. We are so quick to qualify Beyoncé and Rihanna as having surpassed veteran icons when they haven’t been solo artists even half as long. In short let’s delay this conversation for two more decades and see where they are then. :filenails: 

What does any of this have to do with the fact that Beyoncé and Rihanna have more #1 dance hits than Janet? No one ever stated that they were better than Janet. But the question was asked and it was answered. Your insecurity is showing. It isn’t necessary.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John.... said:

I don’t honestly know where to begin deconstructing a post that paints Janet as “lazy” because you didn’t like the outcome. First let’s begin with the notion that Janet chose not to promote of her own volition or that you have evidence to support such a notion. Could it be dare I say that Janet was in the midst of managing a very volatile situation. Married to a Billionaire whom she would soon separate from entirely. Attempting to please fans and a husband that couldn’t resist putting his two cents in as to how she could look and who could perform on stage with her and who couldn’t. All of this culminating in what I believe was the last ditch effort to save a failing marriage....let’s start a family. My point here is I truly believe Janet wanted to get out there and do a lot more but her hands were tied and if anyone thinks she was being lazy look at how visible Janet’s been post divorce. 

Janet has been in controlling relationships her entire life. Almost all of them have been. At some point, there has to be some accountability on the part of the person who continuously gets into relationships with controlling men. Especially of a woman who is 52 and on her third divorce. Janet chose to put herself in a subservient relationship. Unless she was just that naive not to see the writings on the wall when it came to Wissam. The man was a Muslim. What did she expect? Just like she shouldn’t have married a drug addict named James Debarge and an insecure nobody named Rene Elizondo, she shouldn’t have married a controlling man with a strict religious upbringing. But Janet loves to think she can change men once she marries them and that’s her biggest flaw and the reason why she’s on her third divorce. It’s not all on the men. Janet is just terrible at picking men and uses poor judgement in her relationships. This still has nothing to do with the fact that she was lazy during Unbreakable. Janet was a grown woman who supposedly was “in Control.” She could’ve been more assertive if she chose to. You all coddle Janet too much. She is older than most of you on here. Hold her accountable for once.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are better discussing how Madonna pulled away from Janet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

Janet has been in controlling relationships her entire life. Almost all of them have been. At some point, there has to be some accountability on the part of the person who continuously gets into relationships with controlling men. Especially of a woman who is 52 and on her third divorce. Janet chose to put herself in a subservient relationship. Unless she was just that naive not to see the writings on the wall when it came to Wissam. The man was a Muslim. What did she expect? Just like she shouldn’t have married a drug addict named James Debarge and an insecure nobody named Rene Elizondo, she shouldn’t have married a controlling man with a strict religious upbringing. But Janet loves to think she can change men once she marries them and that’s her biggest flaw and the reason why she’s on her third divorce. It’s not all on the men. Janet is just terrible at picking men and uses poor judgement in her relationships. This still has nothing to do with the fact that she was lazy during Unbreakable. Janet was a grown woman who supposedly was “in Control.” She could’ve been more assertive if she chose to. You all coddle Janet too much. She is older than most of you on here. Hold her accountable for once.

Well I agree with you on some aspect but we can't just assume these men were like this before Janet married them. I highly doubt Wissam was verbally abusive before Janet accepted his marriage proposal. I doubt any of the men were abusive before Janet married them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

What does any of this have to do with the fact that Beyoncé and Rihanna have more #1 dance hits than Janet? No one ever stated that they were better than Janet. But the question was asked and it was answered. Your insecurity is showing. It isn’t necessary.

Well let’s address one error at a time. You asked what did any of what I said have to do with the current discussion of Rihanna and Beyoncé having more dance number 1’s than Janet, now because you didn’t point out a specific portion of my post I’m going to confine the discussion to numbers of dance hits, what I attempted to do was place the statement you made (twice now) within a context that doesn’t really allow either Rihanna and or Beyoncé to have achieved anything other than a hit or two more again having done so in a matter of a short span of years where they were just oversaturating the market because they could. I think it’s only fair on a Janet forum no less we make sure Janet is “ahead” in every way we can not to mention in reality the fact MFN being a club number 1 hit could have been left there no one else mentioned. Now let’s address that accusation of “insecurity” I’ve seen Janet live more than the board members combined online at any given moment first off second off as was stated Janet’s been in the game over 4 decades again we could table the discussion for another 2 decades and bring in them other girls but I am willing to meet you halfway let’s do ten :coffee: let’s not go personal because you feel slighted I said what I said without coming specifically at you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

Janet has been in controlling relationships her entire life. Almost all of them have been. At some point, there has to be some accountability on the part of the person who continuously gets into relationships with controlling men. Especially of a woman who is 52 and on her third divorce. Janet chose to put herself in a subservient relationship. Unless she was just that naive not to see the writings on the wall when it came to Wissam. The man was a Muslim. What did she expect? Just like she shouldn’t have married a drug addict named James Debarge and an insecure nobody named Rene Elizondo, she shouldn’t have married a controlling man with a strict religious upbringing. But Janet loves to think she can change men once she marries them and that’s her biggest flaw and the reason why she’s on her third divorce. It’s not all on the men. Janet is just terrible at picking men and uses poor judgement in her relationships. This still has nothing to do with the fact that she was lazy during Unbreakable. Janet was a grown woman who supposedly was “in Control.” She could’ve been more assertive if she chose to. You all coddle Janet too much. She is older than most of you on here. Hold her accountable for once.

I’m sorry where did you get the info Janet loves to think she can change a man? I think that sounds a lot like conjecture but we will bypass that for now. Problem with your argument is your suggesting these men were all problems that need “changing” when Janet met them. I don’t think that was the case Janet loved Rene and they spent about 11 years together that’s probably longer than most relationships anyone on this board has. Next your argument assumes the men were open about who they were from the start and thus Janet’s judgments were poor, I think that’s very short sighted if Janet is as reckless as you’re suggesting she should have three or four babies all by different men. Janet loved JD clearly and they were together 8 years the end of that relationship was on JD after that I think it only made sense for Janet to seek out a strong secure man and she married for money she married up as we say. And it went south too but that’s not new in entertainment ain’t JLo on her third or second divorce with kids plural? The only stage Janet has left she hasn’t done is the hot young fuck toy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Black Eagle said:

Janet has been in controlling relationships her entire life. Almost all of them have been. At some point, there has to be some accountability on the part of the person who continuously gets into relationships with controlling men. Especially of a woman who is 52 and on her third divorce. Janet chose to put herself in a subservient relationship. Unless she was just that naive not to see the writings on the wall when it came to Wissam. The man was a Muslim. What did she expect? Just like she shouldn’t have married a drug addict named James Debarge and an insecure nobody named Rene Elizondo, she shouldn’t have married a controlling man with a strict religious upbringing. But Janet loves to think she can change men once she marries them and that’s her biggest flaw and the reason why she’s on her third divorce. It’s not all on the men. Janet is just terrible at picking men and uses poor judgement in her relationships. This still has nothing to do with the fact that she was lazy during Unbreakable. Janet was a grown woman who supposedly was “in Control.” She could’ve been more assertive if she chose to. You all coddle Janet too much. She is older than most of you on here. Hold her accountable for once.

I don’t want to concede but I’m also the person that acknowledges reality as well so be that as it may you made a ton of valid points I believe Janet just wanted to be taken care of when it comes to men it’s the little girl in her you cannot take that ageless wonder dare I say romantic away although I think she married Wissam for security 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Well I agree with you on some aspect but we can't just assume these men were like this before Janet married them. I highly doubt Wissam was verbally abusive before Janet accepted his marriage proposal. I doubt any of the men were abusive before Janet married them.

James was a drug addict two years before she married him. She still chose to marry him. René was jealous and insecure years before she married him. And she even stated she was uncertain the day of the wedding, but still, she chose to marry him. She made bad decisions and though Eissa is a blessing, having a baby with someone like Wissam was not a good idea either. That’s why she’s in a messy situation now with Wissam and custody. Wissam may not have been verbally abusive before the marriage, but he was definitely controlling long before Eissa came along. The way Janet dressed and acted changed dramatically starting in 2013/2014. She should’ve gotten out then. Now that she has Eissa, she’s stuck with Wissam for life. And that’s not all Wissam’s fault.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John.... said:

I’m sorry where did you get the info Janet loves to think she can change a man? I think that sounds a lot like conjecture but we will bypass that for now. Problem with your argument is your suggesting these men were all problems that need “changing” when Janet met them. I don’t think that was the case Janet loved Rene and they spent about 11 years together that’s probably longer than most relationships anyone on this board has. Next your argument assumes the men were open about who they were from the start and thus Janet’s judgments were poor, I think that’s very short sighted if Janet is as reckless as you’re suggesting she should have three or four babies all by different men. Janet loved JD clearly and they were together 8 years the end of that relationship was on JD after that I think it only made sense for Janet to seek out a strong secure man and she married for money she married up as we say. And it went south too but that’s not new in entertainment ain’t JLo on her third or second divorce with kids plural? The only stage Janet has left she hasn’t done is the hot young fuck toy. 

Janet flat out said she tried to change James. And with René, the proof is in how long she stayed in releationships. Janet has a problem with keeping people around longer than they need to be. She’s loyal to a fault. It’s no coincidence that she decided to give René writing credits in 1997, and they were broken up by 1999. She was trying to save a dying relationship. There’s a reason she had him photograph her tour books and direct her videos. He had nothing else going on and she was trying to accommodate an insecure man who felt in the shadows of her. She shouldn’t have needed to do any of that and she was being enabling by coddling his insecurty. A woman who is 52 with three divorces and has yet to have a relationship that sticks is a red flag. That’s not all on the men. There’s some problems the woman has as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John.... said:

I don’t want to concede but I’m also the person that acknowledges reality as well so be that as it may you made a ton of valid points I believe Janet just wanted to be taken care of when it comes to men it’s the little girl in her you cannot take that ageless wonder dare I say romantic away although I think she married Wissam for security 

She wants to be taken care of because she never had much of a father to begin with. That’s why she seeks out men who inevitably end up dominating or controlling her in some way. That’s something she’s probably aware of and needs to contend with before she gets into another relationship or the cycle will just continue. Or God forbid, she’ll pass that down to her son the way her mother passed it down to her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×