The Janet Jackson Charts Thread

Mr. Wonder

Chart news and confirmation that the new album is a Janet, Jimmy, and Terry production.

http://www.janetjackson.com/news/all/only-two-weeks-after-its-debut-janet-jacksons-no-sleeep#.VaA7XvnuIZw

LOS ANGELES, July 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — “No Sleeep,” the debut single from Janet Jackson’s first studio album in seven years, has entered the Top Ten on Urban AC chart at # 9 only two weeks after its release, it was announced by the singer’s Rhythm Nation label and its distributor, BMG.

The single also claims the #9 spot on Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart and the #6 spot on Billboard’s R&B/Hip Hop Digital Songs chart. “No Sleeep” was featured as part of the tribute performance celebrating Ms. Jackson’s impact on music at the recent BET Awards in which she received the inaugural Ultimate Icon: Music Dance Visual Award, presented to her by longtime friends and collaborators Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

No Sleeep,” from the Queen of Pop who is also being called the Queen of Insomnia due to the success of the single, is the smash curtain-raiser of Ms. Jackson’s multi-layered return to performance, including her Unbreakable World Tour which kicks off in Vancouver late next month, and the Fall release of her yet-untitled first studio album in seven years. The blazing career resumption of the most bar-setting female pop superstars is a resumed collaboration with legendary producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, who co-produced the album with her.

JANET UNBREAKABLE WORLD TOUR

• 4 weeks later...

If it sold consistently week to week, I could potentially see it peaking at top 40, because airplay has been increasing consistently. But yeah, if it remains on the Hot 100 another week it will probably be in the 90s at best.

• 1 month later...

Janet Jackson's Official Top 40 most downloaded songs

As we await Janet's new album Unbreakable, we look back at the biggest songs from her 30-year career.

By Justin Myers 
  •  
  •  
  •  

Been getting No Sleeep because you can't wait for Janet Jackson's new album? Think you're going to Scream if you don't hear some new Janet music soon? We know the feeling.

The bona fide member of pop royalty Janet Jackson releases her 11th studio album Unbreakable on 2October, and while we wait, we're rewinding slightly to check out the biggest songs of her 30-year career.

Before we unveil the full Top 40 most downloaded Janet tracks, let's take a closer look at the all-important Top 5. Watch out Stanets, some serious chart stats heading your way.

1: Together Again

In pole position, one of Janet's first forays into dance music saw her pay tribute to her close pals who were no longer with us. As usual, Janet's dance routine for Together Again was a masterclass in precision and pliability.

Over 50,000 copies of the song have been downloaded since we started counting in 2005 – not bad to say the song came out a whole seven years earlier and sold a whopping 747,000 on physical format.

PEAK: 4
YEAR: 1997

ChartFact: Together Again is Janet's biggest selling single in the UK, even though it only got to Number 4. It's sold over 798,000 copies in total

2: Scream

You'd think with two megastars in the family, Michael and Janet would have teamed up for a guaranteed smash pretty often, but we had to wait until 1995 before the swivel-hipped duo got together for this classic.

Not a Number 1, sadly, but another Top 3 smash for the pair, Scream's total chart sales tally stands at over 200,000. At the time, its video was rumoured to be the most expensive ever – imagine if it had been in colour. Twice the price!

PEAK: 3
YEAR: 1995

ChartFact: Scream was Janet's eighth Top 10 hit. She's racked up 17 altogether.

3: All For You

janet-jackson-all-for-you-single-cover.j

"Got a nice package, all right," sang Janet in this saucy, retro R&B jam – no idea wha she was referring to, of course. All For You was stopped from hitting the top by the combined might of Spice Girl Emma Bunton and Shaggy.

She's only had one Top 10 since, with Feel It Boy the collabo with Beenie Man from 2002.

PEAK: 3
YEAR: 2001

ChartFact: All For You was Janet's fourth single to peak at Number 3

4: The Best Things In Life Are Free

It seems we really love Janet when she teams up with another superstar. Her collaboration with silky-voiced legend Luther Vandross was so popular, it hit the Top 10 twice!

The Best Things In Life Are Free was first released in 1992 and became Janet's first serious challenge for the top spot, held off at number 2 by Snap's Rhythm Is A Dancer.

Three years later, it was back! A remixed version peaked at Number 7.

PEAK: 2
YEAR: 1992

ChartFact: The Best Things In Life Are Free came close, but Janet has never had a Number 1 single in the UK. The 1992 version of the song was the 17th biggest selling single of that year.

5: That's The Way Love Goes

Leading off the huge album Janet, That's The Way Love Goes saw Janet take a more mature direction, and having her second Number 2 peak in a row. She's not been that high since, believe it or not.

PEAK: 2
YEAR: 1993

ChartFact: That's The Way Love Goes has sold over 214,000 copies.

Her most downloaded '80s song is…

When I Think Of You! Taken from Janet's breakthrough album Control, When I Think Of You reached Number 10 in 1986 and was the third of an incredible seven singles to come from that one release. It was her first chart-topper in the US.

Other notable entries

Janet's first ever UK Top 10 What Have You Done For Me Lately just makes it into her Top 10 most downloaded tracks (10). What Have You Done For Me Lately was the 60th bestselling single of 1986 and has shifted over 252,000 copies. Her most recent Top 40 hit, Call On Me, a team-up with rapper Nelly, finishes two spots above at 8.

Janet's most recent single No Sleeep makes an appearance already – it's at Number 19.

Bonus ChartFact: Janet's first ever chart entry was way back in 1984. The song? Why, it was a duet called Two To The Power Of One. And her duetting partner? Well, it was Cliff Richard, actually. No, for real. The track peaked at Number 83.

Take a look at Janet's Official Top 40 Most Downloaded tracks

TRACKPEAKYEAR
1TOGETHER AGAIN41997
2SCREAM (WITH MICHAEL JACKSON)31995
3ALL FOR YOU32001
4THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE (WITH LUTHER VANDROSS)21992
5THAT'S THE WAY LOVE GOES21993
6FEEDBACK02007
7WHEN I THINK OF YOU101986
8CALL ON ME (WITH NELLY)182006
9MAKE ME732009
10WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY31986
11SON OF A GUN (I BETCHA THINK THIS SONG) (FT CARLY SIMON)132001
12AGAIN61993
13LETS WAIT AWHILE31987
14RHYTHM NATION231989
15DOESN'T REALLY MATTER52000
16ALL NITE (DON'T STOP)192004
17SO EXCITED-2006
18WHOOPS NOW91995
19NO SLEEEPN/A2015
20SOMEONE TO CALL MY LOVER112001
21IF141993
22NASTY191986
23I GET LONELY51998
24ANY TIME ANY PLACE131994
25RUNAWAY61995
26BLACK CAT151990
27LUV ME LUV ME (WITH SHAGGY)N/A2004
28ESCAPADE171990
29GO DEEP131998
30MISS YOU MUCH221989
31THE PLEASURE PRINCIPLE241987
32COME BACK TO ME201990
33LOVE WILL NEVER DO (WITHOUT YOU)341990
34JUST A LITTLE WHILE152004
35ROCK WITH UN/A2008
36EVERY TIME461998
37VELVET ROPEN/A2004
38CONTROL421987
39NOTHINGN/A2010
40LUVN/A2008

She doesn't. She has an album tho. 
Janet never really tried to get the European crowd on her side :lol: She had success but never really MASSIVE (only TA could get that definition) because of it :lol: . 

Uhhh Janet has a large following in Europe.. It's the UK that has been fucking her over :umm: 

Uhhh Janet has a large following in Europe.. It's the UK that has been fucking her over :umm: 

Im european... :rolleyes: I never said that she doesn't have a large following, i said that she never experienced MASSIVE success (ala USA) like she should because she never really cared to promote properly over here :rolleyes:  

She sold a shit load of records outside the USA so off course she was BIG over here. 

And lets not do this today <_<  

Janet Jackson's 'No Sleeep' Spends Fifth Week at No. 1 on Adult R&B Songs

By Amaya Mendizabal, Miami | September 23, 2015 7:12 PM EDT

Janet Jackson No Sleep 2015

Janet Jackson in the video for "No Sleeep."

Courtesy Photo

Janet Jackson spends a fifth week atop Adult R&B Songs (dated Oct. 3) with “No Sleeep,” featuring J. Cole, matching her longest reign (and only other No. 1), achieved when “I Get Lonely” led the chart for five consecutive weeks in 1998. Jackson has posted a total of 27 entries since the chart launched in 1993, including 11 top 10s. “No Sleeep” remains at No. 1 despite a 5 percent decline in spins during the tracking week ending Sept. 20, according to Nielsen Music.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/6707236/janet-jacksons-no-sleeep-spends-fifth-week-at-no-1-on-adult-rb-songs?utm_source=twitter

BURNITUP
#72 United States
#144 Netherlands
#166 Sweden
#182 Australia
No Sleeep
#151 The Bahamas
#180 South Africa
All Nite
#125 Zimbabwe
Album: Unbreakable
#19 Singapore
#29 Swaziland
#41 United States
#66 Netherlands
#82 Italy
#87 South Africa
#101 Canada
#130 Brunei Darussalam
#134 Australia
#142 Belgium
#166 Kazakhstan
#169 France
#188 Japan

Janet Jackson's 'No Sleeep' Becomes Her Longest-Running No. 1 on Adult R&B Songs

By Amaya Mendizabal, Miami | September 29, 2015 6:36 PM EDT

Janet Jackson No Sleeep

Janet Jackson in the video fro "No Sleeep."

Courtesy of VEVO

Janet Jackson’s “No Sleeep" continues atop Adult R&B Songs for a sixth week (on the list dated Oct. 10), becoming her longest-running No. 1 on the chart. The achievement surpasses her five weeks atop the chart in 1998 with her “I Get Lonely” (her only other track to reach No. 1).

In its 14th week on the list, “No Sleeep,” featuring J. Cole, climbs 4 percent in spins at the format, during the tracking week ending Sept. 27 (according to Nielsen Music).

Janet Jackson Drops Club-Ready 'Burn It Up' With Missy Elliott

Jackson has placed 27 entries on Adult R&B Songs since the chart started in 1993. At that time, she had already earned six No. 1s on the Billboard Hot 100 (of her total career 10 chart-toppers), including an eight-week stay atop the chart with “That’s the Way Love Goes” in 1993 -- her longest-running No 1.

Upon the news of her sixth crowning week, the Program Director for WBLS, New York, Skip Dillard, told Billboard “Personally as a fan of Janet for years, I couldn’t be happier to see her back on the music scene again with a new project and a new tour." Adding, "Welcome back!”  

Over on Hot R&B Songs, “No Sleeep” steps 18-17, aided by the airplay gain as well as by 480,000 domestic streams during the week ending Sept. 24 (a 10 percent decline). It peaked at No. 7 on the Aug. 17 chart.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/6714519/janet-jacksons-no-sleeep-becomes-her-longest-running-no-1-on-adult-rb-songs

BURNITUP
#68 Zimbabwe (-17)(-44)
#165 Japan (+28)(NE)
#176 Ireland (NE)(NE)
No SleeepUnbreakableAlbum: Unbreakable
#4 Malaysia (NE)(NE)
#7 Japan (+8)(+101)
#13 Taiwan (+7)(NE)
#15 Australia (+47)(+117)
#28 Ireland (NE)(NE)
#36 Singapore (NE)(NE)
#43 France (+70)(+62)