Janet tweets!

JoeJoe

I get this. Part of me really does believe it was due to low sales. I think what has happened with Janet is scalpers buy the tickets up first, or maybe some kind of hold must be put on the ticket, then up charge for the tickets because they feel she's a high grossing artist, but it has backfired because people might not have been buying those tickets. So when they are released or when they see that the venues are not full enough they see they can't cover the production or will only break even. 

That's just speculation but I think it definitely has to do with sales. It's the only thing that makes sense. They might have over estimated the venue size. 

Not sure what scalpers have to do with anything but I guess :blink:  

• Downvote 1

I get this. Part of me really does believe it was due to low sales. I think what has happened with Janet is scalpers buy the tickets up first, or maybe some kind of hold must be put on the ticket, then up charge for the tickets because they feel she's a high grossing artist, but it has backfired because people might not have been buying those tickets. So when they are released or when they see that the venues are not full enough they see they can't cover the production or will only break even. 

That's just speculation but I think it definitely has to do with sales. It's the only thing that makes sense. They might have over estimated the venue size. 

I'm no organiser or events manager and I can tell the scope of the tour was fucking delusional.

glasgow? nobody performs there, Birmingham? why - when it's within an hour of London

Helsinki? what the fuck janet?  it's not 2001

• Upvote 1

Something I found from another forum:

I'm not going to put the link here but last Tuesday on Twitter, J's official account liked a fan's tweet which said something like: "I love and support JJ no matter what and all her so called fans need to do the same."

One way to keep the conversation going, I guess... that's all I'll say... <_<

ok...well her so called fans have been buying multiple albums and tour tickets. LOLZ tf

Edited by J.
  • Upvote 2

ok...well her so called fans have been buying multiple albums and tour tickets. LOLZ tf

exactly

in other words stop complaining and keep loving janet regardless of how disappointing or unprofessional any of it is just accept it. ....

no.

• Upvote 2

I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking this behavior of "fans" think their opinion has to be spread across every thread.

You seen me do this for years? I'm glad I have a following ^_^ #LongLiveTheKing

Look in the mirror my friend, no lies will be told then. :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 4

Game, don't you have some anal beads to remove from your asshole or something? :rolleyes:

Ha!!!:lol: Anyway at least Janet gave us that clip. I'm ok with it. I do think she isn't speaking on what happened cause it's embarrassing or she's hurt about it. I doubt she wanted to cancel on fans. She knew when she announced it that it wasn't gonna sit well and that it was gonna be widespread across the media. I know we all know she didn't want that to happen. No artist of Janet's caliber is gonna just up and tell the world "hey live nation cancelled the shows." It wouldn't be good business for her and who would wanna work with you if you put other companies on blast?

• Upvote 1

I'm no organiser or events manager and I can tell the scope of the tour was fucking delusional.

glasgow? nobody performs there,

Only Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Madonna, Black Sabbath, Katy Perry, Nikki Minaj, MTV Europe Awards, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Adele, Mariah Carey, Fleetwood Mac....to name just some. The Glasgow Hydro is the third busiest arena on the planet after the O2 and the Manchester Arena, ahead of even MSG with over one million tickets sales last year. A show in London and a show in Glasgow would have sufficed, one for the southern parts of the UK and one for the northern parts. Both would have did quite well I think. in that situation.

• Upvote 1

I think when it comes down to it, no one is thinking Janet doesn't care. If the truth be told it hurts her more than it hurts any disappointed fan. This is a career she worked hard for, compromised things for, fought lawyers, executives, industry parasites, family, friends, & insanity to maintain. Her entire life, since 5-7 years old, has been shaped around this career and record in some form or fashion. So honestly, I'm sure she is hurt & pissed & maybe at times felt a little defeated dealing with all the business of this. 

So to argue she doesn't care, IMO is senseless, BUT the way the business is handled does matter to those who support your brand. She started the album with "I'm glad you're still here" which means she knows it's many times people could have said fuck this. I know she feels grateful to know people STILL wanted to hear from her. So, in an effort to "Keep the conversation going" she could have just did one of those :30 videos saying..."I'm sorry it didn't go as planned, I'm sincerely trying to make it up to you." Shit, we got paparazzi footage of her out & about or at Fashion Week she could have made a statement that hits home for fans. 

If it is due to low sales that actually could hurt even more to her to know that she's in lower demand than anticipated. AND it could make her start losing out on shows in the US if they think she's going to cancel. It's a long month between Dubai & her first American show, I hope when she goes away it doesn't result in her not returning for good. 

Ha!!!:lol: Anyway at least Janet gave us that clip. I'm ok with it. I do think she isn't speaking on what happened cause it's embarrassing or she's hurt about it. I doubt she wanted to cancel on fans. She knew when she announced it that it wasn't gonna sit well and that it was gonna be widespread across the media. I know we all know she didn't want that to happen. No artist of Janet's caliber is gonna just up and tell the world "hey live nation cancelled the shows." It wouldn't be good business for her and who would wanna work with you if you put other companies on blast?

Look, here's my final theory, and speculation. This is Janet's final project, so she really dosen't give a fuck how it pans out. She's had a successful career, and she isn't worried abot fame. She already has it. She's not worried about money. She already has it. She's not worried about gaining or losing fans. She's been there and done that. I really think she's done with it all after this crappy era, that has really not been an era is done and over with. She obviously dosen't need her fans. She gave us an album to shut us the fuck up. After this, she's going to enjoy her man's massive, billionaire cock, fashion shows, and we will probably get a few glimses of her, until some paparazzi catches her in some fancy venue, restaurant, or just shopping. We're all just going to have to content with what she used to be.

Edited by Jodienda76

Look, here's my final theory, and speculation. This is Janet's final project, so she really dosen't give a fuck how it pans out. She's had a successful career, and she isn't worried abot fame. She already has it. She's not worried about money. She already has it. She's not worried about gaining or losing fans. She's been there and done that. I really think she's done with it all after this crappy era, that has really not been an era is done and over with. She obviously dosen't need her fans. She gave us an album to shut us the fuck up. After this, she's going to enjoy her man's massive, billionaire cock, fashion shows, and we will probably get a few glimses of her, until some paparazzi catches her in some fancy venue, restaurant, or just shopping. We're all just going to have to content with what she used to be.

I definitely agree on those two parts

No honey, yew lack attention to detail.

Yew should also take your own advice and not attack everyone who has a different opinion 'cause it ain't gonna change a thing - by this definition yew are already insane. Seen yew do this for YEARS, get a life. Yew are also the most delusional and irrational person I've ever come across online, byeee gurl.

Yuuup!! 

I totally feel the same way.  I believe this is probably Janet's last album too. I dunno why but I've had that feeling since the era started 

• Upvote 2

I agree with this part. It's just unfortunate that her "comeback" in Europe ended like this. I wish she would have "left the stage" with applauds instead of booing.

I don't believe she will ever reschedule the dates after what happened, and I think she will concentrate on Dubai and Middle East. She has that jewellery line in the works so she probably thinks there's her next customer base anyway.

I personally don't like the way this situation was handled from her part.. All this has made me dislike her. I think she is being rude and arrogant. I also started disliking the song The Great Forever after I found out she's singing L.U.T.F.A. in it. I think it's rude. I mean, just because you're rich and married to a billionaire doesn't mean you have the right to be arrogant and just "f*ck it all". Mariah Carey is engaged to a billionaire too, but she seems to be treating her fans very nicely and respectfully. Janet didn't need to start the "Conversation" in the first place if she didn't like it. An album would have been enough.

Anyway, that's my final opinion on this whole mess. Moving on...

what is L.U.F.T.A? Ive not picked up on anything in the song?

and yes, as i stated earlier, i feel disrespected as a fan, i bought tickets for my dad and my sister, booked a flight for my sister to join us, paid for train tickets for myself and my dad. My dad was already sceptical as to whether he would enjoy it, and i wanted to prove to him she was awesome. Now he just thinks she doesn't know how to behave and he's dismissed her again and moved right on. I won't been getting hotel/.train/flight money back (all together about £250/$353usd) and I'm A STUDENT!!! So I fucking had to budget for that money months. The best Janet can do is quote some vague lyrics to us and say she'll reschedule, just like she did in 2001.

• Upvote 3