More Dates Cancelled?

pootietang

Perez is only hit on this news and I'm not finding a source... I was all set for rescheduled Tucson show, please post if you come across any details about this

That list has been floating around many boards these past few days. Some members assured those dates were not on her FB page to begin with, so this info is probably false.

My heart goes out to Janet and her team.  Saw the Unbreakable World Tour in New Orleans, and it is the best large venue show I've ever been too EASILY.  She does all the hits.  I saw her on September 30th, just 2 days before Unbreakable came out.  This 2nd leg promises to be even better with such great material on the new album.  

But at the end of the day, Janet and her company have to recoup some sort of profit.  She has to pay for the venue, for her dancers, the band, the set up crew, and everything.  Touring is a hugely expensive endeavor.  I'll be crushed if she has to cancel the Austin show, but if it's not selling out, ultimately I understand.  

I wanted to buy tickets to North Little Rock, but won't have the money to spend until April.  From the looks of things, ticket sales aren't going too great.  I sincerely wish she had went for smaller venues.  That way, every show would've sold out the 1st round.  

For the record, I do not blame Janet personally for the issues, but it's a DAMMN shame that there seems to be so little promotion around the Unbreakable album.  No Sleep did very well on Adult R&B radio... My guess is that is where many of the ticket holders came from.  But if 25 percent of one's fan base doesn't even know that the artist has a new album out (they weren't paying attention to the album charts in October), and there's no follow-up once the album is released, we can't expect tickets to sell.  Interviews, TV appearances, sharing things via social media count for something, especially if an artist is trying to communicate with the wider fan base.  I'm a "Ride or Die" #JanFam... I know when and where the concerts will be.  But I alone can only buy so many tickets.  

Janet Jackson NLR.jpg

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 1

Perez needs to keep his ugly mouth shut. My little brother just texted me freaking out thinking that our show was canceled. How are the sales going for the next leg? I'm just curious.

she sold $30 billion worth of tickets 

:lol:  We haven't a clue. We will never know. Just end of the year total

• Downvote 1

I'm just asking what people have seen on the interactive maps on ticketmaster.

she sold $30 billion worth of tickets 

:lol:  We haven't a clue. We will never know. Just end of the year total

I don't really care about the dollar amount, I'm just wondering how the shows with interactive maps are doing. I'm sure it's not as bleak as the RWU tour. I remember how there were still really close floor seats available just a few days before the (cancelled) Boston show.

Edited by Corey

I don't really care about the dollar amount, I'm just wondering how the shows with interactive maps are doing. I'm sure it's not as bleak as the RWU tour. I remember how there were still really close floor seats available just a few days before the (cancelled) Boston show.

not all arenas have interactive maps unfortunately. Mine doesnt. Is that a Ticketmaster feature? 

Edited by #UnbreakableGame
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My heart goes out to Janet and her team.  Saw the Unbreakable World Tour in New Orleans, and it is the best large venue show I've ever been too EASILY.  She does all the hits.  I saw her on September 30th, just 2 days before Unbreakable came out.  This 2nd leg promises to be even better with such great material on the new album.  

But at the end of the day, Janet and her company have to recoup some sort of profit.  She has to pay for the venue, for her dancers, the band, the set up crew, and everything.  Touring is a hugely expensive endeavor.  I'll be crushed if she has to cancel the Austin show, but if it's not selling out, ultimately I understand.  

I wanted to buy tickets to North Little Rock, but won't have the money to spend until April.  From the looks of things, ticket sales aren't going too great.  I sincerely wish she had went for smaller venues.  That way, every show would've sold out the 1st round.  

For the record, I do not blame Janet personally for the issues, but it's a DAMMN shame that there seems to be so little promotion around the Unbreakable album.  No Sleep did very well on Adult R&B radio... My guess is that is where many of the ticket holders came from.  But if 25 percent of one's fan base doesn't even know that the artist has a new album out (they weren't paying attention to the album charts in October), and there's no follow-up once the album is released, we can't expect tickets to sell.  Interviews, TV appearances, sharing things via social media count for something, especially if an artist is trying to communicate with the wider fan base.  I'm a "Ride or Die" #JanFam... I know when and where the concerts will be.  But I alone can only buy so many tickets.  

Janet Jackson NLR.jpg

Well its fucking little rock...No one popular goes there...and for that reason! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well its fucking little rock...No one popular goes there...and for that reason! 

Some of the venues they have booked for this tour are head scratchers.  Wisconsin, Utah, Oklahoma.   Not to be stereotypical but it doesn't seem like she would have much of a fanbase in those areas.  

• Upvote 1

I hope this isn't true. This era started out with such promise. Now it's a totally different story. It pains me to see someone like Rihanna (and yes I know she is a younger artist with younger fans) tour doing better. I was over on the ShadeRoom a couple of days ago. And they posted video from her Anti tour with the caption "Rihanna SLAYING at the Anti tour". So I clicked the video to see what she was "SLAYING" and it damn sure wasn't the singing or the dancing. I guess it was the way she looked. Anyway I just wanted Janet to go out on a high note. I really do feel like the lack of promotion has alot to do with the demise of this era. As a huge Janet fan. I just want what is best for Janet. She has given us so much. 

• Upvote 2

I hope this isn't true. This era started out with such promise. Now it's a totally different story. It pains me to see someone like Rihanna (and yes I know she is a younger artist with younger fans) tour doing better. I was over on the ShadeRoom a couple of days ago. And they posted video from her Anti tour with the caption "Rihanna SLAYING at the Anti tour". So I clicked the video to see what she was "SLAYING" and it damn sure wasn't the singing or the dancing. I guess it was the way she looked. Anyway I just wanted Janet to go out on a high note. I really do feel like the lack of promotion has alot to do with the demise of this era. As a huge Janet fan. I just want what is best for Janet. She has given us so much. 

well Rihanna had to postpone a couple of dates for low sales as well so I wouldn't say her tour is a complete success. Plus she was in Miami which Janet sold a big city where people will go to a show promo or not.  This era can still be saved though 

• Upvote 1